What's new
  • Check out our new Group Buy Program! We're kicking it off with Baja Designs! $10 Flat rate shipping no matter how much you order!

Slowpoke attempts to kill himself in a golfcart!

A 701 is a formula 1 bike? I guess compared to a 300 it might as well be :laughing:
It may be consider a F1 bike if you have never been on anything bigger than a DRZ400, let alone any I4 bike. 82hp and 54 lb ft of torque is fun, but it ain't no liter bike.

Enough of a thread derail.

Got some scavenge pump action I bet.

I assume the one that has 8 vanes on the gear instead of four like the other two pumps is the high pressure pump for the clutches. It also has its own pickup and sump built onto the housing that is fed by the oil cooler/filter housing side of the case. I'm also thinking that one of the 4 vane pumps takes care of the oiling on the engine side and the other one takes care of oiling the needle and roller bearings throughout the engine/trans case. One of the 4 vane gear/rotors is alot thinner width wise and I'm assuming that's for the low pressure supply needs.

Whoever designed this engine/trans/clutch setup was thinking waaaaay outside the box and its hard for me to wrap my brain around how they even drempt up the idea let alone put it into mass production.

The valve body that runs the dual clutches and the transmission shaft they ride on and how it applies clutch pressure are mind blowing and another one of those "How the fuck did they think of that" things.

There is also some stupid shit like: I have to buy a whole new stator cover in order to replace the water pump. None of the water pump parts are available separately except the front cover and that doesn't do anything besides get used as a distribution manifold. And of course that fucking stator cover isn't cheap..... :shaking:

Last edited:
I shipped the engine block up to the machine shop in Iowa today and it should be there early next week. Hopefully the pistons show up right before the sleeves are ready for finish honing so there is no waiting on my end. Gaskets, bearings, water pump, thermostat, oil pump and some other misc small parts will be ordered in the morning. Luckily everything I need is in stock and ready to ship so there will be no wait time there either.

I told everyone involved that I want this engine done and back in the car by the first week of September at the latest. I'm going to have to take it to PPEI in Louisiana for a dyno tuning day before its ready to race but can't schedule shit until it's back in and running on a startup tune.

As happy as I am to be getting a decent power increase vs what i had, I still wish I would have stayed home that Sunday..... :shaking:

The ppei experience should be fun.

Kory, his brother and Erik are solid dudes. I've been dealing with them since I started this SxS racing ordeal and used to hang out with them at Texplex when we raced there. Kory is the one who gave me the at the time top secret transmission tune they were working on that really woke my car up. Erik remote tuned my car the last time I rebuilt the engine and put it on E90 and is also the mastermind behind coming up with a programming that made it possible for me to remove the ABS unit and diff sensors from the car and keep the computers happy. I bet I sent Erik 25 run logs between engine tuning and that ABS deal so he could fine tune it and he was spot on with everything. The only reason I'm going up there this time for dyno tuning is because these new pistons are going to put these Honda engines into uncharted territories for N/A power and they want to dial in the tune so it's available to other guys who are going to run the same setup. Jacob used to race a Talon so they would use his car for testing but now that he doesn't have it anymore I get to be the test dummy for them. :smokin:

I've never met him but he was always talked about highly from my buddy with the wagler Duramax stroker and compounds.

Now that he's gone full send against the .gov I'm really a fan...

You need to get the scoop on the 6.7 emissions tunes he's got.

Yup, I'm a huge fan of his too.

Great idea!
Same here. Was first introduced to him on the Truck Show Podcast where he explained in great details the EPA fines he received for deletes and tunes on customer trucks when it was the exact same deletes and tunes he had installed on .gov vehicles like the Presidential Limo etc.

Like anything else .gov wise, “it makes sense if you don’t think about it.”:barf:

And like everything else I do with this car, nothing is fucking easy. Just got word that the custom pistons got delayed and that it's going to be another 5 to 6 weeks before they are finished and ready to ship... :mad3:

I'm not playing the waiting game again with this engine so I think I'm going to order a set of CP 12.5:1 pistons from KW and call it good.

Apparently I just can't fucking win lately. CP 12.5:1 pistons are ordered and should show up at the machine shop next week.

Those pistons should put me in the neighborhood of 13.5:1 compression and is a point and a half more than it is now so it should give me a bit more zoom-zoom. 15:1 would have been better though...

What's the stock HG thickness?

If there is carbon build up on the squish pads, that's to much clearance.

What's the stock HG thickness?

If there is carbon build up on the squish pads, that's to much clearance.

Stock is .038 but I was running a Cometic .030 gasket last time, and the head is shaved .025

I run/ran E90 in this engine. Is it even possible to get carbon buildup running ethanol without the tune being absolutely fucked? :laughing:

Edit: Piston out of the trashed engine....

20240730_234359.jpg

Other than wiping it with a dry paper towel so I could mark it, that's what it looked like right out of the engine.

Last edited:
Is the stock fuel system capable of e90 or did you have to change injectors etc?

Is the stock fuel system capable of e90 or did you have to change injectors etc?

Fuel system isn't stock. It has a big pump in the tank, an external regulator and I'm running Injector Dynamics 1300 injectors in a billet fuel rail. Supply and return lines are -6

20231216_162057.jpg

Last edited:
Forgot to mention that I ordered another cam along with those pistons last night to try and squeeze every last bit of power i can out of this new build. Engine guy said the specs look good and will compliment the new compression ratio better than the old cam. Here are the specs for the guys that understand this type of thing....

Screenshot_20240730-201404_Samsung Internet.jpg

Forgot to mention that I ordered another cam along with those pistons last night to try and squeeze every last bit of power i can out of this new build. Engine guy said the specs look good and will compliment the new compression ratio better than the old cam. Here are the specs for the guys that understand this type of thing....

Screenshot_20240730-201404_Samsung Internet.jpg

I know a thing or two about cam specs and I say those duration numbers are suspect. After following along with your progress, I'd say the duration is closer to 4-6 months.:flipoff2:

I know a thing or two about cam specs and I say those duration numbers are suspect. After following along with your progress, I'd say the duration is closer to 4-6 months.:flipoff2:

Funny guy....

I learned my lesson last time and I'm not putting up with that shit this time. Machine shop and the engine guy both know about my time frame and said they will make it work. And they are both well aware that I will drive 8+ hours to collect my stuff in person if they don't deliver on time. I have all the time in the world right now. :laughing:

Pistons and cam were delivered a little while ago and I'm really liking the specs on these pistons. They used an .040 thick head gasket and an obviously unshaved head to figure the compression ratio so I'll be well above that with my shaved head and an .030 thick head gasket if the valves and pistons play nice.:smokin:

20240803_164341.jpg
20240803_164521.jpg
20240803_164843.jpg

20240803_165036.jpg

Pistons and cam were delivered a little while ago and I'm really liking the specs on these pistons. They used an .040 thick head gasket and an obviously unshaved head to figure the compression ratio so I'll be well above that with my shaved head and an .030 thick head gasket if the valves and pistons play nice.:smokin:

Comparing the new KW cam to the BC cam I was using before, I'm going to go ahead and say the new one is made from a billet core and not a cast core like the BC and stock cams are. They look nothing alike outside the fact that they both have cam lobes and fit in the head. :laughing:

20240803_180238.jpg

Top Back Refresh