What's new

Slowpoke attempts to kill himself in a golfcart!

When I got home from the driveshaft shop I started working on pulling the rear roof vent out of the trailer so I could install the AC unit we bought. Sealer came off the roof easily and the unit dropped right into place. Got it bolted down and then wired it up to the pre-existing AC prep that was already in the ceiling before I screwed down the trim/vent plate. It's been on for about 1/2hr and it's already noticeably cooler in there. Happy wife, happy life.... I'm not going to complain either. :laughing:

20240520_181922.jpg

20240520_182604.jpg
That will go a long way to making a hot/humid race weekend not be so brutal.
A 3500w predator inverter generator will run that no problem and not piss everyone off.

A 3500w predator inverter generator will run that no problem and not piss everyone off.

The last trailer had an A/C unit too. It would be unbearable sleeping in this thing without it.

This one will run 2 AC units, a refrigerator, microwave, a hot water tank, a shitload of lights, a water pump, a power awning ect no problem and it's pretty quiet for what it is.

20240520_190109.jpg

The last trailer had an A/C unit too. It would be unbearable sleeping in this thing without it.

This one will run 2 AC units, a refrigerator, microwave, a hot water tank, a shitload of lights, a water pump, a power awning ect no problem and it's pretty quiet for what it is.

20240520_190109.jpg
Those are sweet gennies :beer:

Driveshaft is finished but I wasn't able to make it there before they closed so I'm going to grab it in the morning and get that in so I can test drive this thing before I load it into the trailer.

In other news, I installed the 2nd fire extinguisher as required by the new rules....
20240521_190715.jpg

Got the mount installed and wiring ran for my PV3 tuner...
20240521_190733.jpg

Bought and installed a Gopro mount so maybe I'll be able to get you guys some videos this time... :lmao:
20240521_190757.jpg

And finished up the seat belts, added an old guy seat pad and got my shifter wiring finished up...
20240521_190808.jpg

Last edited:
Cleaned the air filters and re-oiled them. I put one on the car and the other one went into a kitchen bag my wife sealed for me. :smokin:
20240521_193043.jpg

20240521_193600.jpg

Pulled the tuning oxygen sensors and the box/wiring out of the car and plugged the exhaust... because extra weight. :laughing:
20240521_193028.jpg

Got my spare tires mounted. If need be I'll groove them at the track depending on conditions...
20240521_191137.jpg

And I installed a light on the back of the car per the rules. It's the smallest lightest thing I could find on Amazon but it meets the rules so... :laughing:
20240521_193455.jpg

Last edited:
Bought my USAC license and registered for this weekend's race this morning. While doing the license thing I signed up for Champ/GAS and U4 in case I want to go to Crandon this year or in case JR4X decides he wants me to drive his SxS in a U4 race or at KOH. :grinpimp: :laughing:
We can’t make crandon this year which kills me. As much as I hate traveling that far I really wanted to go back for redemption on that track now that I got my engine tuning sorted.

The crandon race is 14 days after Vegas to Reno. I can’t get home from V2R, prep two (3 if you’re driving my sxs) cars that just raced 500 miles, Work and get to Crandon Wisconsin ready to whoop em on the short course. I just can’t make it work.

We can’t make crandon this year which kills me. As much as I hate traveling that far I really wanted to go back for redemption on that track now that I got my engine tuning sorted.

The crandon race is 14 days after Vegas to Reno. I can’t get home from V2R, prep two (3 if you’re driving my sxs) cars that just raced 500 miles, Work and get to Crandon Wisconsin ready to whoop em on the short course. I just can’t make it work.

How about Cross Bar, is that still a thing or is it Disney only now? I really need to get my ass to a U4 race so I can meet you and your family. :beer:

Bebop and myself can prep the UTV. 😁

Just finished making and mounting the 2nd try roof :laughing: and this one came out much better than the first one. Im going to pick up a roll of black edge molding tomorrow to finish it off. I was also able to transfer the numbers to the new roof just in case the graphics shop down the road can't make me new numbers before I leave for the races on Thursday...

20240521_223032.jpg

While I was picking up supplies at Summit yesterday I grabbed a 1'x4' sheet of .036 carbon fiber to experiment with. Seeing as how it's going to be muddy I want to try to keep as much mud out of the skid plate as possible so I made this to go between the shock hoops. I'm going to grab some 1/2" wide aluminum flat stock in the morning so I can span the hoops top and bottom and mount the sheet to them with aluminum rivets.....

20240521_232326.jpg

20240521_232318.jpg

The carbon fiber sheet is stupid lightweight and I used household scissors to cut it without damaging it at all, so that's pretty freakin nice! I could see buying a 4x8 sheet of this in the future and making a full belly skid for the car. The stock plastic one is light but not .036 carbon fiber light. :smokin:

When I raced roundy round I used red diesel in a weed sprayer and coated the whole car.
I had the ass end of a truck get misted from running down the highway with a slowly leaking fuel tank in the bed.

Come to think of it nothing much stuck to it for awhile. :laughing:

I had the ass end of a truck get misted from running down the highway with a slowly leaking fuel tank in the bed.

Come to think of it nothing much stuck to it for awhile. :laughing:
The mud would slide off in sheets. The diesel would get dirty and is hard in its self to clean off but I wouldn’t haul hundreds of pounds of mud home stuck to the car.

Fuck ya!!

20240522_154046.jpg

20240522_160451.jpg

20240522_160529.jpg

Fits exactly like factory. bdkw1 is the fucking man for making this happen. :smokin:

Looks like you've got quite a car there now. You need to get some good race video.

After all the time, work and money you've put into this thing, how much faster will you be now compared to when you started? I remember you talking about the "big money guy" that kept beating you. Are you that guy now?

Found a leak at the rear brake line tee so I took care of that after I installed the driveshaft and filled the front diff with Redline Shockproof. Had my wife help me re-bleed the right rear and I put the driveshaft loops back in. Took it off the jackstands and then took it for a rip around the neighborhood and It feels freakin fast! And I don't know if it's all the new driveshaft or if the wheels are helping the situation but it is the smoothest it has ever been. Zoom zoom... :smokin:

20240522_185529.jpg

20240522_185816.jpg

20240522_185554.jpg

20240522_185608.jpg

Once I was done horrifying the neighbors I went back to the garage and put the doors on. Car looks better than it ever has with the matching black doors and roof!

Top Back Refresh