What's new

Slowpoke attempts to kill himself in a golfcart!

While I'm at Summit tomorrow I'm going to buy some formable stick on heat shield to use on the bottom and sides of my airbox. This 100° Texas summer heat sure has a way of sucking power out of the car. I figure anything I do to keep the incoming air and fuel cooler has got to be a bonus over doing nothing at all...

Oh, and this finally happened! :smokin: :grinpimp: :smokin:

Resized_20210820_183104.jpeg

I know all the RS1 people blow out the internals of their HMF mufflers pretty regularly. They’re just a really poor design. 🤷‍♂️

I know all the RS1 people blow out the internals of their HMF mufflers pretty regularly. They’re just a really poor design. 🤷‍♂️

Ya, it seems they aren't the best mufflers. The "good" muffler that didn't fall apart at practice is empty and needs to be repacked also.

I'll be honest..... I had never even heard of HMF before I bought a SxS. When I was looking for an exhaust I was thinking Pro Circuit, FMF or Yoshimura would be my best bet. I was kind of shocked that none of those companies make systems for this Honda. Next year it's getting a custom 2 into 1 header and a single race muffler like a Borla XR-1. This crap only has to last a few more races...

Car is ready to go racing this weekend and I can't wait!

I brought it to work today and gave it a 4 wheel alignment. Front was toed in 3/4 of an inch!!! Guess my eyeball alignments were not as good as I thought....... Go figure. :laughing: Front is now set at 1/8" toe out with 3° of negative camber and the rear is set to zero toe and 2.5° of negative camber. I increased the rear camber 1° to see if it helps out with my corner speeds. Hopefully it doesn't hurt to bad on the starting line..... I also moved the sway bar to the full stiff setting to see if it helps or hurts. We shall see tomorrow afternoon at practice.

Took the car for a rip through the field when I was done with the alignment to test out the new transmission tune. YUUUGE IMPROVEMENT over stock and will definitely help me out on the track. RS-1 guy may just be in for a big surprise on Saturday when the green drops.
:smokin: :grinpimp:

Random picture of my messy trailer and half finished car from earlier this week:
20210823_221614.jpg

More rear bar will make the back slide more. Unless the front was pushing, not something I would recommend.

More rear bar will make the back slide more. Unless the front was pushing, not something I would recommend.

I'll give it a try in practice later today and if it sucks I'll swap it back to the middle position.

Car does push but I always thought it was me overdriving into the corners, Maybe not?

What bar is that? Looks much lighter than the one dipshit had on his car that broke.

Also his rubber bushings were real tight, enough to effect handling.

What bar is that? Looks much lighter than the one dipshit had on his car that broke.

Also his rubber bushings were real tight, enough to effect handling.
It's an Eibach sway bar. It's not nearly as stiff as that Double E Racing bar.

Track is super dry and dusty today, car felt decent with the changes I made, think I'm going to leave it alone. Trans tune is on point as well.... One of those "don't know what your missing until you have it" types of things. :grinpimp:

Had an interesting start to the day..... Guy in the RS-1 that's first in points had back surgery 2 weeks ago and isn't 100% yet. One of hisdousch bags friends that likes to run his mouth showed up to "race" in my class. Dude lines up right next to me on the starting line. Green flag drops and he immediately drives into the side of my car and tries to pinch me into the car on the other side. I decided itsnot worth wrecking so I lift and let him go. I end up coming out 5th. Passed two cars in 1/2 a lap and was 3rd. Got to the back of the track and dousch bag let's off, waites for me to catch up and proceeded to try to take me out. Fuckstick drove up the passenger side of my car and had me sideways and still wasn't lifting. Pushed me dead sideways over the next jump trying to flip me over. I somehow managed to get off his car but ended up with a RR flat. Car was totally out of control but I managed to run all 4 laps passing guys and finished 4th. Had no idea the tire was flat until after the race. I figured the rear suspension was all bent by how out of control it felt but guess I got lucky(ish) and it was just a tire. The topper..... Fuckstick pulled offright after he attempted to take me out. It's very obvious why he showed up to "race".

I told the officials that if he lines up for the feature that I'm going to let him go ahead of me and wreck the fuck out of him at the end of the straight and that they might want to call an ambulance ahead of time to cart his fat ass off the track. I have enough of a lead on 3rd in points that I can afford a bad race. Slowpoke isn't fucking around anymore..... :flipoff:

Even with a flat I still outran 3/4 of the field. :lmao:

Last edited:
So in other words he showed up to make sure you didn't get closer in points to his buddy, defending his points standings basically and the officials didn't have anything to say about this to him?

So in other words he showed up to make sure you didn't get closer in points to his buddy, defending his points standings basically and the officials didn't have anything to say about this to him?

Exactly why he is here....

Dude has been banned from the track all season because he runs his mouth on their FB page and trash talks the shit out of this place and the people running it.. Guy that banned him quit and the race director said he could race here again. The "officials" are useless, there is no officiating at all. They collect the entry fee cash and wave the flags. Period.....

Wow that’s extremely poor taste by Chad. They let him race so that he could honor Brill Sr memory, definitely didn’t do that. He’s always been a complete douschebag, and he thinks he’s an amazing racer yet rarely ever finishes better than last.

I'll fill in the details later but this happened in the main:

Holeshot, lead every lap, won the race and ran the fastest lap of the day in my class beating the 2nd best time (RS-1 guy) by 2 seconds. :smokin:

Oh, and I got a visit on the starting line from the head of the series asking me not to retaliate. :lmao:

Wow that’s extremely poor taste by Chad. They let him race so that he could honor Brill Sr memory, definitely didn’t do that. He’s always been a complete douschebag, and he thinks he’s an amazing racer yet rarely ever finishes better than last.

I won the holeshot award today. It was a special deal because of Brill Sr and the upped it to $250 for Vet N/A and Vet Turbo class and gave away one of those giant checks that I've always wanted. A guy Mike that races with me was one of Brill Sr's best friends and was pretty broken up today so after the podium I went to his trailer and gave him the giant check. Pretty sure I made his day.

I put the sway bar back in the middle position after the heat race. I think the car works best with it there, I won't be touching it again.

I also ran a staggered tire setup yesterday. I had the 10" Hoosiers and 8" beadlocks on the rear and ran the stock 8" wheels on the front with 8" Hoosiers. Rear wheels are 4" offset and the fronts are 5.5" offset. I think the car felt and handled the best it ever has with that setup. :smokin:

That trans tune is a game changer! Car is alot faster out of the hole and the trans does exactly what I want it to do now and it shifts super fast and hard unlike before. I didn't have to manually downshift it at all during either race. Before the tune I was constantly hitting the downshift button trying to keep the engine in the powerband.

I think the last 4 races of the season are going to be interesting with this new tune. RS-1 guy no longer has an advantage and I'm back to thinking I can beat his ass these last few races and can grab the points lead before the season is over.

:smokin:

Small update......

After the race last weekend I pulled off the throttle body and sent it to Florida for a bit of a massage. It's getting bored oversize, new thinner butterflies installed, throttle shafts will be thinned and they will recieve a set of flush mount screws. They are also going to bore the top throttle body plate that the air boots clamp on so it will match the bore of the TB. :smokin:

20210830_213828.jpg

I also scored a set of Delrin motor mount bushings to replace the weak rubber mounts while I was at the track last Saturday. I have set #2 of the only two sets in existence. :grinpimp:

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh