What's new

Slowpoke attempts to kill himself in a golfcart!

The new rear wheels I ordered to match the non-beadlock fronts showed up on Monday and holy hell they are sexy looking!!! Keizer changed their design for 2024 and now the beadlock ring and the other half thats welded to the wheel is machined forged aluminum instead of spun aluminum like my original set. These beadlock rings are waaaay to nice to go beat up in the dirt and I'm probably going to cry when they get gouged up from wheel to wheel racing contact.....

20240408_162601.jpg

I finally figured out how to get the new seat mounted and bent some tube last night. I used 1-1/4" x .083 cromoly I picked up at Summit for the hoop that the seat tabs will mount to and I have a few feet of 1-1/4" x .065 that I'm going to use for legs to support the bottom of the hoop to the frame rails....

20240411_215326.jpg

20240411_215947.jpg

20240411_220000.jpg

With this setup the seat is super low in the car. So low that my 6'2 ass can barely see over the dash and I now have a mile between my helmet and the top of the cage. :smokin:

Last edited:
I finally figured out how to get the new seat mounted and bent some tube last night. I used 1-1/4" x .083 cromoly I picked up at Summit for the hoop that the seat tabs will mount to and I have a few feet of 1-1/4" x .065 that I'm going to use for legs to support the bottom of the hoop to the frame rails....

20240411_215326.jpg

20240411_215947.jpg

20240411_220000.jpg

With this setup the seat is super low in the car. So low that my 6'2 ass can barely see over the dash and I now have a mile between my helmet and the top.of the cage. :smokin:
If you need any parts cut let me know I can hack them out of some belly pans or something :flipoff2:

20240411_215326.jpg

And in three months: "I found slick carbon fiber seat base. It'll cut another 1.8 pounds!":flipoff2:

Yup :laughing:

It has that real race car feel now like my old roundy round cars had sitting with your ass 3" above the bottom of the chassis and the dash and door skins just slightly below eye level enough to kinda see over them.

I should have done this the first time but I was being stubborn and didn't want to move all the wiring and computers out from under the seat and build a new mount so I pressed the easy button and made an adapter to go from the stock seat mounts to the Coreabu seat brackets. Fawkin thing weighted 8lbs... :eek:

I built that cage 8" lower at the B pillar than a stock one. It's already way low
I figured you did. But in this hard push to drop pounds and cog, it would make a difference. But I would definitely not be rebuilding a perfectly good cage.

Have you ever had any sub trans (or other mechanical failure issues) with this rig? In my on going confusion of choosing a new to me trail cart, I have had several talon guys tell me this is what I should get.

I figured you did. But in this hard push to drop pounds and cog, it would make a difference. But I would definitely not be rebuilding a perfectly good cage.

Have you ever had any sub trans (or other mechanical failure issues) with this rig? In my on going confusion of choosing a new to me trail cart, I have had several talon guys tell me this is what I should get.

I've had zero issues with mine and it's a first model year Talon. The subtrans issues were mostly due to low oil levels and out of adjustment shifters from the factory that have been resolved. Other than that one issue these things are pretty bullet proof. I'd buy another one without hesitation.

I've had zero issues with mine and it's a first model year Talon. The subtrans issues were mostly due to low oil levels and out of adjustment shifters from the factory that have been resolved. Other than that one issue these things are pretty bullet proof. I'd buy another one without hesitation.

Greatly appreciate your response and input. If I was looking at a used one and it had a problem, is there a way to know?

Off to talon forum to do more reading......lol

Your powertrain track record is impressive.:beer:

The sub trans issues are usually customer caused. If you let the machine warm up for a few minutes and keep the cable adjusted where it needs to be they'll last forever. Also come to a complete 100% stop before changing gears, if that's not already obvious.

I didn't like how far out the tabs would have to be to bolt the seat to the right side of the U shaped tube I made for the seat mount so I removed it and started over with the rest of the cromo tube I had......

20240427_151443.jpg

Seat brackets still mount at the same height to keep me grandma low in the car. :grinpimp:

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh