What's new

Slowpoke attempts to kill himself in a golfcart!

Careful...that's a 1/8-27 NPT brass fitting and the honda uses a M10x1 inverted flare fitting. The threads sort of fit, but they're different and won't seal for shit at high pressures.

Thanks for the info!

I ordered M12x1.5 male to 1/8 female NPT fittings for the master cylinder and also ordered M10x1.0 male to 1/8 female NPT fittings for the calipers so I'm not hackfucking the brake system together. :lmao: They are steel and seal with copper washers so I should be good to go.

On another note.... I ordered the MAO required window net mounting kit from Summit this morning along with the brake fittings so I should have plenty of work to do to the car this week/weekend.

Pulled the floor out last night to figure out what I need to do to get the seat permanently mounted and it sort of snowballed into me moving all the wiring and computers under the seat over to the right and on top of the fuel tank......

20240224_234645.jpg

20240311_204925.jpg

20240311_220807.jpg

Now that there is a giant hole in the drivers floor area mounting the seat will be easy peasy.....

20240311_220750.jpg

And then I started looking at the shifter and the tubes it's mounted to and with a quick snip or three of the sawzall a bunch of weight fell out of the car.....

20240311_212318.jpg

20240311_221436.jpg

Last edited:
The rest of the parts I needed to remove the ABS unit and steel brake lines and get the dirt car poly stuff installed came in today. I was going to start ripping everything out tonight and like clockwork suddenly I have to go to Carlsbad NM for a 911 emergency rig repair at work. :shaking:

20240313_150713.jpg
More titanium bolts!

The rest of the parts I needed to remove the ABS unit and steel brake lines and get the dirt car poly stuff installed came in today. I was going to start ripping everything out tonight and like clockwork suddenly I have to go to Carlsbad NM for a 911 emergency rig repair at work. :shaking:

20240313_150713.jpg
One of the yard hands heard about your plans so they took the liberty of disconnecting a relay for you. :flipoff2:

There's so many armchair experts on this site they're going to have to chime in to tell us how to test these bolts...

Count how many ugga duggas from a turnt up impact gun before the head breaks off. :lmao:
That's the best you can do?

I'm thinking put it in a hollow ram and push it apart, log the pressure with a camera on super slow mo

You know of a source that isn't China for metric titanium nuts and bolts? I'll probably be horrified by the prices if they do exist but I'd still like to look. :laughing:
I don't think there are any mil spec Ti bolts. Aluminum yes, I have some of those.

Top Back Refresh