What's new

Slowpoke attempts to kill himself in a golfcart!

First world problems....... I can't find any Turbo SxS Hoosiers in the M500 compound. They are sold out across the country with no expected ship date. I really could use 4 to get me through to the end of the season but it's not looking good. I can get 4 S500 compound Hoosiers but being softer than what I run now I don't think they would last more than 1 race and I can't afford to take that chance.

Friend of mine who races dirt track cars said to try a set of American Racer dirt tires in that same size and AR-500 compound. I'm going to give Day Motorsports in Tyler a call tomorrow to see whats in stock. Hopefully they have them or something similar that I can work with.

Next race is Sept 25th. :smokin:

Why not run Maxxis SC1s? Maxxis sells them off the trailer when they’re there.

Why not run Maxxis SC1s? Maxxis sells them off the trailer when they’re there.

I didn't think the SC-1's were available to buy unless you were sponsored by Maxxis? Nobody in my class runs those and I thought it was for that reason. Guess not...

Anywhere I can order a set online? I'd hate to show up to the track the Friday before the race expecting to buy tires and either Maxxis isn't there or they are out of SC-1's. Either scenario would suck!

Oo I didn’t think about that. You can’t buy sc1s online. I have 2 sets of SC1s, one set has one race and the other set has 3. I might be willing to sell them to you, just gotta figure out what I want the girls racing on (leaning towards only running 15s and like ceros tires or something that can be run at both MAO and Texplex.

Yes 15s. Do you have any mud tires for 15s? Like Ceros or something similar? I’d trade ya..

Yes 15s. Do you have any mud tires for 15s? Like Ceros or something similar? I’d trade ya..

I have 8 stock Maxxis tires for a Talon that are almost new. (4) are 28 x 9 and (4) are 28 x 11. The 11's are off the wheels, 9's are still on wheels but can be taken off. I'm willing to take a ride down your way to grab those SC1's.

Pics of tires I have...

20200125_125628.jpg

20200125_132318.jpg

Back at Texplex for Round 8! :smokin:

I'm a slacker..... I didn't even pull the car out of the trailer and wash it last round. Got the TB back from Florida and threw it back on the engine. I started it for the first time when I to the track yesterday. Took it out for practice and the track is exactly the same as last round. Car is fast so I did 1.5 laps and pulled off to avoid having lap times posted. The competition doesn't need to know what im running. :grinpimp:

Random pic from the pits yesterday....
20210924_191629.jpg

Heat raced sucked....... Came out of the gate in second, was battling for the lead and my car shut off at the end of lap one. Pulled over, got it restarted and took back off. Passed the two cars that got by me when I stalled and was hunting down first when the fucker shut off again. Pulled over again to get it restarted and got passed by a bunch of cars by the time I got it refired. Ran balls out for the last 2 laps and finished 5th. Meh

I did manage to run the fastest lap of my class by over 2 seconds though. :grinpimp:

I'm honestly not feeling it today. Slept like shit last night and have been half awake since I got up this morning. Sitting by the pool at home sounds like such a better idea than being here today.

Let's see if I can pull a miracle out of my ass in the Main and pull off the win.

To be continued.....

No miracle today...... Completely screwed up the start by jumping the flag. :homer: As soon as I realized I fucked up I slammed on the brakes, stopped about 1/2 car out of the gate and the flagger threw the green. I didn't want to get penalized so I waited for everyone to take off and then I went. Started the race dead last out of 12 cars and wasn't feeling it at all so I decided to not push it and just drive around. I have 2nd place points locked up for the year so not really a big deal if I have a bad race. Next thing I knew I was passing cars and not even trying to... and then more cars... and then a few more on the last lap... when they waved the checkered flag I somehow managed to cross the line in 4th place. I really have no idea how that happened but I'll take it! :grinpimp:

I ran the fastest lap times of my class again in the main and this proves that the fastest car doesn't always win the race.

I will say that the new trans tune and the throttle body mods definitely helped alot. Car is faster than its ever been.

Worked on the car a bit this weekend. Grooved up a new set of American Racer tires and mounted them on a new set of Method Bead Grip wheels. This tire/wheel package is lighter than anything I've run before so I'm hoping it gives me a little something extra to keep up with RS-1 guy and his new and improved motor.....

20211008_221653.jpg

20211010_180925.jpg

20211010_180953.jpg

I also cut/removed a bunch of other stuff to try and pull more weight out of the car. Tail lights and harness are gone, glove box and a few other misc pieces of the interior are gone. Pulled the rear inner fender wells out and then took a Sawzall to the back of the bed to remove some more weight.

Ill post pictures when I get back out to the trailer...

Did you retune it for that intake? My Yamaha went nuts when I went from an air box to open filters.

Did you retune it for that intake? My Yamaha went nuts when I went from an air box to open filters.

I'm going to use a piggyback fuel tuner to get it dialed in. I'm going to the track Saturday to play around with that and get a few practice laps in. I also want to take a good look at the Red Bull track to see how gnarly it really is.

All the airbox crap I pulled off...

20211008_222028.jpg

Fuel tuner didn't show up yesterday so I didn't make it out to the track for practice. Instead I went out to the trailer and figured out ways to remove more weight. I cut the top sections of both nerf bars off, cut alot more off the back of the bed and drilled a bunch of 2" holes in the parts I can't cut off...

20211016_171126.jpg

20211016_171143.jpg

20211016_171150.jpg

20211016_180320.jpg

:smokin:

I'm going to bring this pile of shit to work with me and weigh it all to find out exactly how much weight I removed...

20211016_171100.jpg

Any guesses?

Also forgot to mention I messed up on that 28lb weight this morning. I had half an airbox in with no lid and the prefilter and piping missing from that box. I'll bring that stuff along with the new pile of crap with me to work in the morning and get a new total.

RS-1 guy is going to stroke the fuck out Saturday if (hopefully when!) I run faster laps than him after he spent 3k on "engine upgrades" between rounds. If I win, the stroke is definitely happening.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh