What's new

Skittles aka: Timber Tiger

Looks really good. As far as seals whats your plan now?

Looks really good. As far as seals whats your plan now?
Plan is to run the high end Seals-It seals.

At the time of my other seal install I wasn’t aware of the amount of axle shaft deflection out at the end of the housing tubes with 50* steering. I’m sure that was the reason for my poor seal performance before.

04EAB76F-9D01-467A-909E-C387935A1710.jpeg

Plan is to run the high end Seals-It seals.

At the time of my other seal install I wasn’t aware of the amount of axle shaft deflection out at the end of the housing tubes with 50* steering. I’m sure that was the reason for my poor seal performance before.

Nice. :grinpimp:

Those end plates are badass, I can't recall seeing a DE ram mounted like that before.

Working on the last few finishing touches on the front axle. Drilled and tapped the seal set screws and relocated the oil fill/inspection cap.

66AA3D56-B52E-4979-8ED8-BFAB162E2A81.jpeg

FFDA029D-57CC-452B-AC82-C09EA1313112.jpeg

At this point that hi steer kit seems like a waste of money. Why didn't you build all of it yourself?

Looking good. I love your attention to detail on everything. Are the black clevis ends on the ram PSC? I've never seen any of those that allowed for a misalignment spacer like yours have. I also haven't bought any in a long time. Might we standard now with demands of 50* steering.

Any plans to double shear the top side of your steering heim at the knuckle? Asking because that's how mine will be and I wasn't sure if I needed to or not.

Last edited:
Looking good. I love your attention to detail on everything. Are the black clevis ends on the ram PSC? I've never seen any of those that allowed for a misalignment spacer like yours have. I also haven't bought any in a long time. Might we standard now with demands of 50* steering.
Ya, they are PSC.

In hindsight I wouldn’t have used them because of how tall they let the bolt head ride. I was forced to raise the shock mounts 3/16 for piece of mind.

I was asked the same thing about my ends being single shear. They have been through hell and back and never given me trouble.

Top Back Refresh