What's new

Show us your Tow Rig!

photo8529.jpg
photo8530.jpg
Thank you sir. Best have a LOT of room at the track. :grinpimp:

That tow rig/trailer set-up's my home ... my vacation tow rig/trailer set-up's a bit more nimble. :smokin:

And obviously I final'y cyphered out how to post big pics! :beer:

nice color..

attach35567.jpg

Nice to see you here AB.

I have a few tow rigs. :)

Attachments

• X2h5TPE-PVGAnuvh3A4jdcW6w79VXcMfAsGhBkuta6nPJ3VhuZyZhHk9pn1wF6rgyQ_taMlfkNVjuI9fba-gL2m2ENPqAzt_ZWRh
    18.6 KB · Views: 50
The truck is mostly finished. It has been on three trips since the build. 2009 F750, 6.7 Cummins and an Allison 3500.

Oo la-la! :smokin: :grinpimp:

Specs on the trailer, please. :D

Can a '94 Bronco on 37s fit in the back of that baby?

What's your overall length?

Any restrictions driving?
Such as campgrounds/neighborhood streets, etc due to overall length?

Your tow rig and trailer is the set up I'm currently looking into for travelling all across N. America with my Bronco.

Living quarters in the front; Bronco/garage in the rear.

Oo la-la! :smokin: :grinpimp:

Specs on the trailer, please. :D

Can a '94 Bronco on 37s fit in the back of that baby?

What's your overall length?

Any restrictions driving?
Such as campgrounds/neighborhood streets, etc due to overall length?

Your tow rig and trailer is the set up I'm currently looking into for travelling all across N. America with my Bronco.

Living quarters in the front; Bronco/garage in the rear.

Trailer is a 48' Vintage Outlaw with 7' 6" ceiling. The combined length is 66' 9".

It had a 12' living quarters with a wet bath and a previous owner had converted it to a dry bath and caused a leak that created the need for the bathroom to come back out to replace some floor decking. I changed it to a 14" living quarters with a bigger bath and an extra closet. I also tore out the generator compartment and door then added a used 10k Onan diesel generator. I converted it to 17.5" wheels and Hankook TH22 tires. Like the truck, the trailer was definitely a fixer upper.

I had a 38' enclosed before that I pulled with a Chevy dually. I got it in a couple of places that I had trouble getting out of. The extra length of this is worse but I haven't towed with the combo enough to find out. I will probably use truck stops for fueling. I was more on edge with the old combo because of stopping power. This is more comfortable and much better to drive with a huge increase in stopping power of the air brakes.

I haul a 1 ton buggy on 43" tires and could still fit a shorter SxS. The height of the Bronco might be a factor if one front tire has to be over the trailer fender like my buggy does. Hauling it with smaller roller tires and wheels on the front would probably take care of that.

2018 3500 high output 6.7 with 3.73 gearing. 22' and 40' Delco buggy hauler trailers.

KIMG0912.JPG

KIMG0536.JPG

Just an old Dodge. Picked my new trailer up this weekend.
20200620_170603.jpg

Replaced the 07 Dodge with a 20 Ford. Hope it lives up to the challenge.

Gas or diesel?

From the sidelines, the 6.7 is a monster, and seems to have been sorted out, but I'd probably get on some type of dealer service plan so they can't fuck you on a failure

Gas or diesel?

From the sidelines, the 6.7 is a monster, and seems to have been sorted out, but I'd probably get on some type of dealer service plan so they can't fuck you on a failure

The Deisel guy at the dealer is a friend so I have that going for me, which is nice.

You are correct about the power. Hauled the tractor home from a job and it's impressive. The 10 speed is smooth in my opinion but it's my 1st auto diesel. I take that back. We had a 17 Dodge diesel my wife drove and I hated that auto. It actually got bought back through lemon law because of the transmission and electrical bullshit problems.

Yeah, I've only driven 450 and 550 service trucks, which were de tuned I'm sure, but the 550 weighed 17k and moved like an empty v8 half ton, I can only imagine at new pickup:smokin:

Ours were maintained in-house, and they weren't fully understood, early ones had factory flaws, and poor maintenance, later ones were better on both accounts, and from what I'm seeing in the used market, later ones are racking up miles.

I'd want any and all maintenance done by the book, I might even do it at dealer, or at least buy filters over the counter to prove a paper trail

Wife’s dd ( I drive too far to/from work) and tow duties when need be

0060C885-ABB9-46ED-913C-40BA185A5E00.jpeg

I'd want any and all maintenance done by the book, I might even do it at dealer, or at least buy filters over the counter to prove a paper trail

[CP4 disintegrates in typical fashion taking out the whole fuel system to the tune of $7000]

Dealer, "not covered under warranty since you bought contaminated fuel"

Ford, ":flipoff2:"

Here's two... had to move the G506. Don't judge. It was sketch, I know it.

106127572_10218955982305301_3775352951247326387_n.jpg

CB7ACBE0-0D31-4070-AB70-548A9A3BA1EF.jpeg
Pretty much handles all my towing now over long distances.

61AE69EB-F3E0-4380-A85D-C75553C455CF.jpeg
This does all the haulin’ and local towing.

Borderline BDL territory right there:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Nothing borderline about it at all... trailer wagged the truck for all 200' I moved it.

Then again, if I got the thing completely on the trailer, no big deal. There's no engine, trans or t-case in it in that pic. Just the axles, tires, frame, suspension and cab. Probably about 8klbs.

Nothing borderline about it at all... trailer wagged the truck for all 200' I moved it.

Then again, if I got the thing completely on the trailer, no big deal. There's no engine, trans or t-case in it in that pic. Just the axles, tires, frame, suspension and cab. Probably about 8klbs.

The visual is great

My Rig. I'll try and dig up some better pics

Specs: '06 2500 Duramax, Intake, Exhaust, Intercooler, tuner, OBA Puma compressor, upgrade hitch (2 1/2" 17K), oversize rear end cover, Matching oversize spare on Factory aluminum rim.

Hidden fuel tank built into crossbed toolbox 45 Gal. Fuel for toys, not diesel.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20150709_075153.jpg Views:	0 Size:	254.3 KB ID:	75490
Click image for larger version  Name:	truckss.jpg Views:	0 Size:	169.5 KB ID:	75491

Last edited:
Yes you do.

IDI zf5. Hopefully my forever truck. When I first started dating my wife she saw my collection of yard plow rigs and this truck and said, "Why don't you just put a plow on that one and be done?"

We almost didn't last :laughing:

nice p2 wagon.

Guess I'll play.

2016 F350. 2" Carli F/R, F250 blocks, 35's. Otherwise stock.
2004 Tacoma "tractor hauler."

WP_20160109_11_49_18_Rich_LI.jpg
20170717_011341049_iOS (2).jpg

Guess I'll play.

2016 F350. 2" Carli F/R, F250 blocks, 35's. Otherwise stock.
2004 Tacoma "tractor hauler."

I'm sure a particular injun will be along shortly to say what everyone is thinking. :flipoff2:

Top Back Refresh