What's new

Show us your Tow Rig!

Here’s mine, usual camping trip....

photo6602.jpg

photo6603.jpg

16’ 3500 6spd. Dual disc, deleted, Carli 3” front springs, 1” rear add a packs and just swapped in 4.10 gears, front E locker, one piece passenger axle shaft, free spins and welded on a Thuren truss. It’s the perfect do everything truck. When I’m laid off next winter i plan to long bed it.

photo6378.jpg

Building my new toy hauler/family camper bus now. As all racing got postponed due to Chinavirus I spent more time on the living part and postponed making a rear entrance for the rig. Now we're back to racing in a couple of weeks and I gotta haul ass :laughing: :homer:

Started out like a regular tourist coach full of seats and a built in shitter. Volvo based 340hp and a 7spd gearbox:
237_562701071.jpg

I pulled all but 10 seats including the drivers' as per DMV minimum requirements. Tore out the fiberglass shitter cabin and built a proper shower/shitter with a decent septic tank below. Tearing that mf out was a lot more work than I anticipated. I then built beds for 6 people, a kitchen and two seating groups with dining tables.
All electrics (240VAC and 12VDC) was done and prepared prior to any structural work. As was all plumbing and tanks for septic, grey water and freshwater.
All windows from frontmost large side windows and back are blacked out and insulated.

Pics aren't all updated, I got carpets and a bunch of other stuff done since these were taken.

20200422_194055.jpg

20200423_203512.jpg

20200529_211732.jpg

I'll be able to haul 2 rigs (one trailer+ one inside), comfortable cruise 60+ mph, seat 10, sleep 7 and have enough power and water to last us at least a week where ever we go racing or camping.

And, just because - you know :grinpimp:

photo6777.jpg

Building my new toy hauler/family camper bus now. As all racing got postponed due to Chinavirus I spent more time on the living part and postponed making a rear entrance for the rig. Now we're back to racing in a couple of weeks and I gotta haul ass :laughing: :homer:

nice B10M :grinpimp:
Would you mind sharing your floorplan and garage arrangement strategy ?

nice B10M :grinpimp:
Would you mind sharing your floorplan and garage arrangement strategy ?

Thanks. It's built on a set of requirements and a "where it fits" strategy :laughing:

I just sold my old, very similar one I built 6-7 years ago so this one is much like that but with a few tweaks and improvements.
The basic requirements and limitations were as follows:
-Bus is 12 by 2.45 meters OD.
-Cargo hold: 3.7 meters long (has to fit current rig and the next I'm building. Rear door as wide as possible.
-Must seat 9+driver. Mandatory.

-I chose to have permanent and comfy bed space for 6 people. Bunk beds. 200x140cm across and 200x90cm longside. We only have one kid but I often tow others' rigs for the long hauls and they'll need a place to sleep as well.
-Bathroom and grey/septic tanks fit where the stock shitter and rear side door step was. Rear side door was just sealed off. Bathroom has a good shower and a hand pump style shitter like the ones you'll find in boats. Pumps the crap down to the tank and pulls flushing water from a designated tank.
-Fridge takes up 55cm next to the shower.
-Kitchen counter is 130cm wide and almost 90cm deep. Gives plenty of space for our use.
-Main 2+2 seating and table is right in front of the kitchen and a slightly narrower seating/table arrangement across the isle from the kitchen mainly designated for the boy, his crap and TV.
-Behind the drivers seat is a 120x60cm bench I made from Ikea drawers. Nice place to sit (or even sleep) when we're parked and valuable storage space for clothes and such.
-Main water tank and water heater is down below right in front of the rear axle. I have a total of 350ish liters of water all topped off. I may add more if I can find the desire to weld an add on tank.
-The storage space below the living area holds all our camping gear, tents, tables, chairs, grill, gass etc. The rear is for parts, gas, tools and such. I set the car up as high as possible to get cargo space under it.
-Single collapsible guide seat next to the drivers seat makes up the last required passenger seat.
-Got two rear view cameras hooked to one screen. One aimed at trailer hitch and one aimed in the general rear view direction.

Thanks. It's built on a set of requirements and a "where it fits" strategy :laughing:
Very nice
Do you have sketches or plans and more pictures you wouln't mind to share ? I have a 1990 B10M in my yard, that I hope to make something of, well... some day :laughing:

The truck is mostly finished. It has been on three trips since the build. 2009 F750, 6.7 Cummins and an Allison 3500.

IMG_20200525_153833072.jpg

2014 Ford.

Has an aftermarket muffler and some coolant re routing. Other than that stock..

Like it a lot, tows great.

But I'll be trading up for a full crew cab soon. Have a second kid coming and two car seats in the extended cab will suck
IMG_20190720_210414_9.jpg

Started out like a regular tourist coach full of seats and a built in shitter. Volvo based 340hp and a 7spd gearbox:

I pulled all but 10 seats including the drivers' as per DMV minimum requirements. Tore out the fiberglass shitter cabin and built a proper shower/shitter with a decent septic tank below. Tearing that mf out was a lot more work than I anticipated. I then built beds for 6 people, a kitchen and two seating groups with dining tables.
All electrics (240VAC and 12VDC) was done and prepared prior to any structural work. As was all plumbing and tanks for septic, grey water and freshwater.
All windows from frontmost large side windows and back are blacked out and insulated.

Pics aren't all updated, I got carpets and a bunch of other stuff done since these were taken.

I'll be able to haul 2 rigs (one trailer+ one inside), comfortable cruise 60+ mph, seat 10, sleep 7 and have enough power and water to last us at least a week where ever we go racing or camping.

And, just because - you know :grinpimp:

Holy shit!! I just can't wrap my mind around a rear garage on a pusher bus. I hope you have this build kinda documented somewhere, it sounds amazing.

I just sold my old, very similar one I built 6-7 years ago so this one is much like that but with a few tweaks and improvements.
The basic requirements and limitations were as follows:
-Bus is 12 by 2.45 meters OD.
-Cargo hold: 3.7 meters long (has to fit current rig and the next I'm building. Rear door as wide as possible.
-Must seat 9+driver. Mandatory.

-I chose to have permanent and comfy bed space for 6 people. Bunk beds. 200x140cm across and 200x90cm longside. We only have one kid but I often tow others' rigs for the long hauls and they'll need a place to sleep as well.
-Bathroom and grey/septic tanks fit where the stock shitter and rear side door step was. Rear side door was just sealed off. Bathroom has a good shower and a hand pump style shitter like the ones you'll find in boats. Pumps the crap down to the tank and pulls flushing water from a designated tank.
-Fridge takes up 55cm next to the shower.
-Kitchen counter is 130cm wide and almost 90cm deep. Gives plenty of space for our use.
-Main 2+2 seating and table is right in front of the kitchen and a slightly narrower seating/table arrangement across the isle from the kitchen mainly designated for the boy, his crap and TV.
-Behind the drivers seat is a 120x60cm bench I made from Ikea drawers. Nice place to sit (or even sleep) when we're parked and valuable storage space for clothes and such.
-Main water tank and water heater is down below right in front of the rear axle. I have a total of 350ish liters of water all topped off. I may add more if I can find the desire to weld an add on tank.
-The storage space below the living area holds all our camping gear, tents, tables, chairs, grill, gass etc. The rear is for parts, gas, tools and such. I set the car up as high as possible to get cargo space under it.
-Single collapsible guide seat next to the drivers seat makes up the last required passenger seat.
-Got two rear view cameras hooked to one screen. One aimed at trailer hitch and one aimed in the general rear view direction.

Could you swap out some of those seats for the rv couches with seatbelts? It might be a few bucks up front but gets you way more usable space, especially if you arranged them like a living room

Home Sweet Home.

2020 F450 King's Ranch and 2020 DRV Mobile Suites 44 Nashville.

Bank's kind enuf to let me use 'em. :flipoff2:

That's a helluva setup. Pretty sure that's what my wife has in mind for going to the race track.

Holy shit!! I just can't wrap my mind around a rear garage on a pusher bus. I hope you have this build kinda documented somewhere, it sounds amazing.

It's in progress so this is actually the only place I've shared any of it. I'll post up more pics as I go along.

Could you swap out some of those seats for the rv couches with seatbelts? It might be a few bucks up front but gets you way more usable space, especially if you arranged them like a living room

Sadly, no. These seats all have belts in them though. They're not too bad comfort wise really.
There are firm rules regarding attachments and the type of approval they need.
I also have an absolute minimum requirement of 10 seats due to the bus still being registered as a bus. Local rules will allow less seats if I re-register it as a truck (yes, seriously) but I don't have a license to drive a truck and trailer. I do however have a license to drive a bus and trailer so that's how it's staying :laughing:

Technically its not a pusher, the engine is tilted horizontally under the chassis behind the front axle.

Last edited:
Technically its not a pusher, the engine is tilted horizontally under the chassis behind the front axle.

Yes, mine is mid-engine. The engine is based off a vertically mounted truck engine converted to dry sump and laid on its side.
It's not undoable on a rear engine coach either though.
You just need to set the car on top of the engine. I know of a few people who've done it and besides having long and steep ramps to get the car up it's pretty straight forward.

Here's a crappy pic of a mid mounted engine:

photo7203.jpg

99 K2500 454 crew cab shortbox with all the interior fixins.
Comp cams XR270HR-13 cam (113 LSA, .51 lift, 218/224 at 050)
Valve springs
29lb/hr injectors
0411 pcm and tune.
Has airlift bags with a tank under the cab and compressor under the hood.

pXlSipV.jpg

Then of course building the 3 ton because the 99 is too small for my gooseneck (2013 Gatormade 30ft tandem dual, 8500lb tare)
GRnKvyq.jpg

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh