What's new

Shopping for a concealable Pistol

You guys are misinterpreting my point. I hope to kill any mugger that I draw on. But the average gunfight is 2.7 rounds for both sides! We all know that the cops shoot 17 rounds each, so that means there’s a whole lot of one round gun fights.
Gunfights are too varied and random to reliably use statistics on. 2.7 rounds of who vs who?

My first carry gun was a Sig P230S, which was a fine gun but it was .380, had that goofy Euro style mag release, and was did I mention .380. Then I had a Taurus Ti 5 shot .38, but I didn't practice reloads or carry speed loaders so it sits in the safe, maybe go with me on a bike ride now and then. I was/am a Sig fanboi, but a P220 or P226 are just too big and heavy to carry. My wife got a Glock 26 and I was surprised at how well I could shoot it, and with mag extensions it would hold 12 rounds.

Now? A G43 mostly because of how slim it is I can easily carry it IWB, or in the conceal pouch of my messenger bag, with a spare mag in front pants pocket.

You fuckers have me thinking about a 365 tho, gonna have to go shoot one.

Come here and shoot mine, then tuck
It in a holster and go about your day for an hour or two. You’ll throw that Glock thing in a drawer and never think about it again
I'm not that picky, I'm not one of those guys "I only shoot 1911's, grip angle, blah, blah, blah". I did sell my Gen 3 G34 and buy a Gen 5 G34MOS when they came out and the trigger is noticeably better, but still not as good as my Walther Q5 Match, I'll shoot either in a comp.

I can shoot a G26 with a grip extension very accurate. But I find it hard to conceal in summer clothes. I like the Rohrbaugh R9, but I know it’s not for everyone. I may switch to a J-frame like my wife’s. Don’t really like 5 rounds, but if I listen to my post above, it’s enough. I do like the idea of not having to pick up my brass when I might be in shock.

If you haven't tried a p365 or the Croatian knockoff [Springfield] you should give one a try.
I carry mine more than any of my other pistols. I don't shoot it quite as well as a full size, or midsized pistol, but pretty close to it. Better than any other tiny pistol I've shot.

I can shoot a G26 with a grip extension very accurate. But I find it hard to conceal in summer clothes. I like the Rohrbaugh R9, but I know it’s not for everyone. I may switch to a J-frame like my wife’s. Don’t really like 5 rounds, but if I listen to my post above, it’s enough. I do like the idea of not having to pick up my brass when I might be in shock.

You should try the g43 or 43x, (or any other "single stack" 9mm. The narrower frame makes a big difference.

Pick up brass? Wtf you talking about? Mr hitman :laughing:

If I have to shoot someone in defense of me or my family the last fucking thing I’m worrying about is brass.

Hey Roc Doc, the 365 is a really good shooter. The 12 round mags make it fit the hand nice. First time I shot it I was amazed at how well it shot. I shot it better than guns I've owned for years :laughing: A little more muzzle flip but it is tiny lol.

1673638711641.png

That's the 365 at 10 yards. 12 shots at about 2 seconds per shot. Didn't take my time just shot. Not as good as a lot of folks but was happy with it. lol. Both mag dumps looked about the same.

If I have to shoot someone in defense of me or my family the last fucking thing I’m worrying about is brass.
That’s my point. At that time you won’t be thinking things through. It’s better to think about the possibilities when you have a clear (calm) mind.

Do you load your carry mags with gloves on?

That’s my point. At that time you won’t be thinking things through. It’s better to think about the possibilities when you have a clear (calm) mind.

Do you load your carry mags with gloves on?
Jesus Christ you are a paranoid fuck. :lmao:

Jesus Christ you are a paranoid fuck. :lmao:
Would it be paranoid to imagine getting arrested and tried for murder when you shoot three criminals with long rap sheets in a obviously self defense Scenario?

How about going to jail for 2 months while somebody raises 2 million bail for an obvious self defense shooting?

It's probably going to be captured on some idiot's cell phone camera anyway, or a security camera.
Even if it's not they will subpoena cell tower records and place you at the scene.
Either that or the ballistics "expert will flat out lie for the prosecution. (been proven before)

That's the 365 at 10 yards. 12 shots at about 2 seconds per shot. Didn't take my time just shot. Not as good as a lot of folks but was happy with it. lol. Both mag dumps looked about the same.

This was my wife's first time shooting mine, very little experience. After going to the range again, I'm pretty sure it was 7 and 10 yards, not 5 and 7. Also, I'm pretty sure that wild one was from that stupid 38 :laughing:

IMG_20230113_142050.jpg

Also, fwiw. I picked up a TLR-7 SUB and four bros holster for my macro. Really like the light a lot.

IMG_20230112_150841_01.jpg
IMG_20230112_150857_01.jpg

I fucked up ordering and have the wing deal coming to push the grip towards me. That's the one thing that seems to print when I'm just in a tee shirt.

Compared to the 365xl in the alien holster, it's much more slim, but the padded alien wear is nicer when sitting for long periods of time.

Attachments

• IMG_20230112_150857_01.jpg
    IMG_20230112_150857_01.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20230113_142050.jpg
    IMG_20230113_142050.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20230113_142050.jpg
    IMG_20230113_142050.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
1673638711641.png

That's fine shooting. Once you can do that every time try and get your splits down to one second per shot, eyes on target, sights into field of view, fire, eyes on target, sights into field of view, fire, faster and faster.

Would it be paranoid to imagine getting arrested and tried for murder when you shoot three criminals with long rap sheets in a obviously self defense Scenario?

How about going to jail for 2 months while somebody raises 2 million bail for an obvious self defense shooting?
Newsflash McFly. If you shoot someone in self defense you will be going to jail temporarily while they sort things out. You can also bet your ass that you will be going to trial over a self defense shooting. There is no way around this. You aren’t an assassin or a fucking ninja.:homer:

Newsflash McFly. If you shoot someone in self defense you will be going to jail temporarily while they sort things out. You can also bet your ass that you will be going to trial over a self defense shooting. There is no way around this. You aren’t an assassin or a fucking ninja.:homer:

But picking up shells and wiping finger prints will help his cause right? :lmao:

It's probably going to be captured on some idiot's cell phone camera anyway, or a security camera.
Even if it's not they will subpoena cell tower records and place you at the scene.
Either that or the ballistics "expert will flat out lie for the prosecution. (been proven before)

This is all possible and you can always come forward and admit that you are the shooter. But if you leave evidence at the seene, you have no choice but to admit.

First, even in this clown world, it’s not automatic that you go to jail or trial. Those are not even my main fears. (But they are legitimate reasons for not coming forward) I don’t obey the law because it’s the law, I obey it because I believe the law is correct. I don’t feel it is my duty to go to jail if I’ve done nothing wrong in the first place. I certainly don’t feel it is my duty to identify myself and my family to gang members so they can exact their revenge.

I have no fantasies about killing someone, but I do realize there certainly could be situations where I do not want to take credit for shooting someone in self defense. I just want to give myself the most options if it should occur.

If you were to shoot a gang member or a cop in self defense, do you want to come forward if you don’t have to?

When you are wheeling, do you ware a seatbelt? You probably don’t need to, but it’s not much hassle to put it on before an incident. It’s of no use after. I would say it’s the same for fingerprints on your carry shells.

We in the prk fear that reaper daily

:flipoff2:

If you're picking up the brass, you probably should be taking the body, too. In some very rare circumstances, both might be advantageous. Generally, however, I would advise neither. Without extremely meticulous planning and execution, though, you will only dig your own grave deeper. And that's not going to the case for a "impromptu" defensive shooting in the public realm. As with occasionally wearing a helmet for motorcycle safety, you CAN'T pick and choose where and when something unexpected will happen. Too many variables to plan for, let the chips fall where they may.

But if something happens on your 200+ acre ranch/farm, say for instance an "In Cold Blood" home invasion, then what happens next, happens next. Not sure what I would do...

1673638711641.png

Going from my titanium. 38. 2in snubby to the gl 43 ...the gl is way more accurate even out to 25 yards....

I can easily shoot that well with my 43

Last edited:
Gunfights are too varied and random to reliably use statistics on. 2.7 rounds of who vs who?

My first carry gun was a Sig P230S, which was a fine gun but it was .380, had that goofy Euro style mag release, and was did I mention .380. Then I had a Taurus Ti 5 shot .38, but I didn't practice reloads or carry speed loaders so it sits in the safe, maybe go with me on a bike ride now and then. I was/am a Sig fanboi, but a P220 or P226 are just too big and heavy to carry. My wife got a Glock 26 and I was surprised at how well I could shoot it, and with mag extensions it would hold 12 rounds.

Now? A G43 mostly because of how slim it is I can easily carry it IWB, or in the conceal pouch of my messenger bag, with a spare mag in front pants pocket.

You fuckers have me thinking about a 365 tho, gonna have to go shoot one.

After 16yrs with the .38...and last 6 with the 43....I might go with 365..just for a Lil change....I put dons next to my 43 and they are almost identical in size with the 43 being a red C... hair wider :laughing:

Not necessarily :lmao:

Course that might be state dependent :lmao:

After 16yrs with the .38...and last 6 with the 43....I might go with 365..just for a Lil change....I put dons next to my 43 and they are almost identical in size with the 43 being a red C... hair wider :laughing:

I really like the modularity of the 365. Now that the wife is carrying my xl, I've thought about picking up a grip module and mag from a regular 365 to see if she is more comfortable with a slightly shorter grip.

I really like the modularity of the 365. Now that the wife is carrying my xl, I've thought about picking up a grip module and mag from a regular 365 to see if she is more comfortable with a slightly shorter grip.
On my glock

I use the pierce grip #1 ..same length as factory grip with pinky extension..so I have 7 +1....

Then I keep a +2 mag in each truck. I prefer the plus 1 for carry.

I do like that my comp pistol is a glock..so I'm way used the the trigger:homer:

My buddy has 3 of the 365:laughing:. One for carry, one for wife, and one for dry fire laser practice to shoot at the TV

On my glock

I use the pierce grip #1 ..same length as factory grip with pinky extension..so I have 7 +1....

Then I keep a +2 mag in each truck. I prefer the plus 1 for carry.

I do like that my comp pistol is a glock..so I'm way used the the trigger:homer:

My buddy has 3 of the 365:laughing:. One for carry, one for wife, and one for dry fire laser practice to shoot at the TV

If I didn't shoot the 365 so well, I would have probably grabbed a 43x. It fit my hands better. There is something to be said about familiarity.

I really liked the xl, but she wanted to get me a new pistol for my bday and I figured, fuck it, may as well go for the macro. 17+1 is crazy for a gun about the size of the 43x. The xl is now hers, so I'm not sure how much of a baday gift for me it was :laughing:

Shot about 250rnds through the 365s today. I even played with swapping the slides back and forth. I cannot tell a difference with the comp and regular target ammo. I think I'd just opt for the longer barrel and no comp if I had the option.

I also seem to shoot the 365xl grip slightly more accurate, not sure why. I'd think the larger grip would be better for getting a better hold on it, but seems the other way around.

I also shot like 50 rnds through the old 642 :laughing: man it's so easy to really miss with that thing, but I did get to the point where I could get a near bullseye at 7 yards, just takes a lot of effort trying not to jerk the trigger.

Fwiw, I couldn't help but trim the butt piece on the 15 rnd mags that came with the 365xl to work in the macro grip.
20230223_152737.jpg
Did 1 yesterday and used it a bunch today while shooting just to make sure it worked.

20230223_152822.jpg
20230223_152843.jpg

Top Back Refresh