What's new
  • TGIF'nF!! Did you hear about our new Group Buy Program? We're kicking the program off with Baja Designs!

Russia / Ukraine thread

Traditional democrats had shitty policies, but no one doubted that they loved America and wanted the country to succeed. This was true of presidents like Carter or even Bill Clinton.

Starting with presidents like Obama, you have people in the White House who think that America is inherently bad and is too influential, so they are in the business of managed decline. This has been going on for some time, but has gotten exponentially worse in the last ten years.

Of course, it doesn't help that the republicans are as awful as they are.
And yet people still won't give a BIG :flipoff::flipoff::flipoff::flipoff::flipoff::flipoff: to the two major parties. :shaking:

So is this dude confirmed dead yet? Those chechens are nuts
A37A0545-5BE0-4402-9184-E1BA271A4C4B.jpeg
not sure but i enjoyed this

fuck those oppressing worthless muslims, hopefully every single one gets dead

Ukraine opens entry to foreign war volunteers​

Ukraine’s president has signed a decree temporarily lifting the requirement for entry visas for any foreigner willing to join Ukraine’s International Defense Legion and fight on Ukraine’s side against invading Russian troops.

Zelenskyy’s decree takes effect Tuesday and will remain in effect as long as martial law is in place.

30 mins ago (23:05 GMT)

White House rules out no-fly zone​

White House press secretary Jen Psaki told reporters that implementing a no-fly zone would be a step toward sending US troops to fight Russia.

“A no-fly zone would require implementation,” she said, adding it would require “deploying US military to enforce, which would be … potentially a direct conflict, and potentially a war with Russia, which is something we are not planning to be a part of”.

The first round of Ukraine-Russia talks aimed at ending the fighting between Moscow and its neighbour have concluded with no immediate agreements.

The talks took place near the Belarus-Ukraine border on Monday as Russian troops continued their attack on Ukrainian cities – including the second-largest, Kharkiv – on the fifth day of Russia’s invasion.

I just read an article that Ukraine is accusing russia of using a "vacuum" bomb? I had to look it up
A vacuum bomb uses oxygen from the surrounding air to generate a high-temperature explosion, typically producing a blast wave of a significantly longer duration than that of a conventional explosive.

I just read an article that Ukraine is accusing russia of using a "vacuum" bomb? I had to look it up

Look up FAE (Fuel Air Explosives) DAISY CUTTER They work great in valleys and shit. if caves are there firestorm as o2 is pulled out and flames pulled in.

never heard it called a vacuum bomb, but I assume they mean a thermobaric weapon of some sorts?

ahh ok. heard that term before. Isn't that a war crime?

What are the chances that putin gets taken out by one of his own.

war crime is basically like saying hate crime....

and nil. thousands of people have been arrested for demonstrating on the streets of russia so far, but it doesn't sound like internal violence on the level of forced change is going on

The deeper the financial pain gets for the populace, the more likely it gets. Failed wars leading to poverty and famine among the populace has been a leading cause of regime change in Russia historically.

you know it must be serious when Switzerland gets off the bench. Wonder how many oligarchs thought their swiss bank accounts were safe. lol

Switzerland

One of the latest and most notable reactions to the invasion is the fact that Switzerland has chosen a side. On Monday, the famously neutral country said it would adopt European Union sanctions against Moscow and freeze Russian assets located in its banks. In addition, the government adopted sanctions specifically against Putin, Prime Minister Mikhail Mishustin and Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov.

“In view of Russia’s continuing military intervention in Ukraine, the Federal Council took the decision on February 28 to adopt the packages of sanctions imposed by the EU on February 23 and 25,” the government said in a statement.

Yea. Best case scenario is he gets toppled from within.
I don't think that he will, he has an 80%+ approval rating as president, that was from 3 separate polls, 2 being non state sponsored.
I've listened to quite a few podcasts about Russia lately and most people really love Putin, especially among the older crowd. Their propaganda minister is pretty good at what he does.

I've been reading for a bit..

I really think using one of these (vacuum type) is SUPER bad.. beyond war crime charges

just the manner it kills with is inhumane to start with

edit: not all thermobaric weapons are vacuum bombs.. the US has used the non vacuum type in the past

Last edited:
then we're just as guilty.
This is when our actions in places like Vietnam and Iraq really come back to bite us in the ass. How can we honestly apply pressure on other countries about unlawful invasions, etc. when we've done the same? There's a reason why Putin suggested he was concerned about Ukraine possibly developing WMDs. It was an absurd statement but it was when we were saying it about Iraq too.

This is when our actions in places like Vietnam and Iraq really come back to bite us in the ass. How can we honestly apply pressure on other countries about unlawful invasions, etc. when we've done the same? There's a reason why Putin suggested he was concerned about Ukraine possibly developing WMDs. It was an absurd statement but it was when we were saying it about Iraq too.
I dunno, i think it reveals more the absurdity of notions like "international law" or some sort of supreme justice over all. There is no enforcement mechanism, there is no world police, there is no even handed justice. It's all just nonsense.

I've been reading for a bit..

I really think using one of these (vacuum type) is SUPER bad.. beyond war crime charges

just the manner it kills with is inhumane to start with

edit: not all thermobaric weapons are vacuum bombs.. the US has used the non vacuum type in the past
right, because "human" killing of people is a-ok. Maime and poison people with projectiles? have at it! burn somebodies lungs and kill them in seconds? Oh the Horror! :shaking:

this

putin has just as much(probably more) excuse to invade ukraine as america did invading iraq, a country on the opposite side of the world

and for all the stupid retards that are going to get butt hurt and spin my comment just like the worthless msm they all hate does, no i am not supporting or justifying russia invading ukraine.

I don't think that he will, he has an 80%+ approval rating as president, that was from 3 separate polls, 2 being non state sponsored.
I've listened to quite a few podcasts about Russia lately and most people really love Putin, especially among the older crowd. Their propaganda minister is pretty good at what he does.
I dont believe it. The wealthy and even top military/intelligence leaders are shocked. Putin has gone insane. Probably syphallis. The company I work for does a fair amount of business in Russia. My Russian colleagues will not speak directly against the regime other than to say they want peace in order to succeed in business.

Reactions: DMG
Top Back Refresh