What's new

Russia / Ukraine thread

we do got a whole warehouse of 155 cluster shells that needed to be destroyed decades ago because they're trash with real high failure rates and create a ton of UXO

perfect to send over there

Been watching some Youtube interviews with some western volunteers who got back. That's exactly the kind of equipment they were getting.

Been watching some Youtube interviews with some western volunteers who got back. That's exactly the kind of equipment they were getting.
Trivia:
That's what started the infamous Forrestal fire in '67.

20+y.o. WWII ordnance that had shorter safety burn-time coating on them.
IIRC; 3min burn-time vs modern 7+min.

I want to hear the mental gymnastics of the ones who push gun control yet don't vote to stop bombs. But we all know it's not about principle and logic.

It's just the standard MIC driven American foreign policy norm. If our foes do it then it's a travesty, quite possibly a war crime, and we'll work with the international community to formulate an appropriate response. If we do it then we were forced into it in response to our foes' actions before we were begrudgingly forced to resort to this action. Rinse and repeat. Over and over.

Stupid is gonna stupid.

Ukraine has consistently pushed past the boundaries that we have (publicly) given them so either the public boundaries are just for show or at best we just don't actually care if Ukraine pushes well past them. Either way, the end result is that Ukraine has no actual incentive to comply since we just keep sending more and more and better and better.
Is anyone actually gonna be shocked if they hop in an F-16 and try to hit the Kremlin? If you are then you haven't been paying attention.

Ukraine has consistently pushed past the boundaries that we have (publicly) given them so either the public boundaries are just for show or at best we just don't actually care if Ukraine pushes well past them. Either way, the end result is that Ukraine has no actual incentive to comply since we just keep sending more and more and better and better.
Is anyone actually gonna be shocked if they hop in an F-16 and try to hit the Kremlin? If you are then you haven't been paying attention.

I don't really blame the Ukrainians for doing anything that will give them an advantage in the war with Russia. It is our job to act responsively and not do something that will get out of control. At the same time, it is in our benefit to contain Russia. How this is done without starting WWIII is beyond my pay grade.

You'd think we'd learn
Or have we all forgotten operation opera was carried out with shiny brand new f16s?

I want to hear the mental gymnastics of the ones who push gun control yet don't vote to stop bombs. But we all know it's not about principle and logic.
Think like a good vs evil simpleton and it makes sense. Putin bad, thua anything we do is good and the ends justify the means. Killing school children bad, thus guns are bad.

Gotta remember trying to apply logic to a group of people who are highly emotionally driven, thus controllable, and are not conditioned to think ahead or think critically is futile. The politicians are all getting paid by the MIC so those sociopaths don't care.

I don't really blame the Ukrainians for doing anything that will give them an advantage in the war with Russia. It is our job to act responsively and not do something that will get out of control. At the same time, it is in our benefit to contain Russia. How this is done without starting WWIII is beyond my pay grade.

I don't blame Ukraine at all and honestly I don't know why we care about the sovereignty of Ukraine. They're not a NATO member. We have no treaty obligations. Russia is not longer our chief geopolitical rival. They're basically a second tier petrol state with a massive nuclear arsenal. They're just not super relevant on the word stage beyond those nukes. But what Ukraine does with the fear we provide them is very much our problem, especially when we keep pouring it in despite them supposedly breaking red line after red line we've provided them. If there's no consequences for breaking the red lines then the red lines functionally do not exist.

I don't blame Ukraine at all and honestly I don't know why we care about the sovereignty of Ukraine. They're not a NATO member. We have no treaty obligations. Russia is not longer our chief geopolitical rival. They're basically a second tier petrol state with a massive nuclear arsenal. They're just not super relevant on the word stage beyond those nukes. But what Ukraine does with the fear we provide them is very much our problem, especially when we keep pouring it in despite them supposedly breaking red line after red line we've provided them. If there's no consequences for breaking the red lines then the red lines functionally do not exist.
I do believe that Ukraine is a Pandora's Box of dirty money laundering and other (virus labs,...?) that MANY people don't want tumbling out, maybe?

Think like a good vs evil simpleton and it makes sense. Putin bad, thua anything we do is good and the ends justify the means. Killing school children bad, thus guns are bad.

Gotta remember trying to apply logic to a group of people who are highly emotionally driven, thus controllable, and are not conditioned to think ahead or think critically is futile. The politicians are all getting paid by the MIC so those sociopaths don't care.

Bingo. The MIC cares about $$$ and most of them are dinosaurs so they still view Russia through the lens of the once mighty Soviet Union. That's just a huge fallacy and this war is proving that. The supporters of this war just want to feel good. They're good Americans and supporting democracy. Russia bad. America good. If you don't support this war then you're a coward. They're the brave defenders of Ukraine they say while sipping a soy latte and waxing their hipster mustache. It must be a nice illusion living such a simpleton existence.

I do believe that Ukraine is a Pandora's Box of dirty money laundering and other (virus labs,...?) that MANY people don't want tumbling out, maybe?

Up until Russia's invasion the average American knew jack shit about Ukraine. If they knew anything, they just knew it as an old Soviet bloc Eastern European country. If they knew anything beyond that they just knew it was corrupt as fuck and had a pretty serious Nazi issue. But now they're the bastions of modern democracy and the standard bearer of western civilization.

I gotta admit, it was a helluva propaganda effort.

Bingo. The MIC cares about $$$ and most of them are dinosaurs so they still view Russia through the lens of the once mighty Soviet Union. That's just a huge fallacy and this war is proving that. The supporters of this war just want to feel good. They're good Americans and supporting democracy. Russia bad. America good. If you don't support this war then you're a coward. They're the brave defenders of Ukraine they say while sipping a soy latte and waxing their hipster mustache. It must be a nice illusion living such a simpleton existence.
The hilarious part is, we must support Ukraine and thus democracy, and they just suspended democracy :laughing:. So crazy how the parties continually flip, most conservatives I talk to think this war is retarded, and out side of boomers living out their we need to stop russia generational swan song, think we need to stop supporting it, liberals opposite.

Last edited:
The hilarious part is, we must support Ukraine and this democracy, and they just suspended democracy :laughing:. So crazy how the parties continually flip, most conservatives I talk to think this war is retarded, and out side of boomers living out their we need to stop russia generational swan song, think we need to stop supporting it, liberals opposite.

I've come to the conclusion that it's all just controlled opposition. Both parties at the end of the day keep the blank check going. You don't hear anyone in DC demanding the Pentagon pass an audit. Nope, here's even more money than you were asking for. Over and over again.

The labs we helped setup to make sure the chem/nuke weapons and nuclear sources that were abandoned after the USSR fell got disposed of to US standards (with the side effect of keeping the people who knew how to build them employed and making it easy to "keep tabs on them")?

Now, once that was done were there sketchy things going on? I am sure. Were they sketchier than what is happening in Russia? I doubt it, the only difference is which way the payoff money flowed.
Although, per the people my brother knows over there, once the Russian backed president got the boot, they were starting to reform the system and get rid of the "bribe culture" (now, how much of what was getting rid of those who hadn't gotten the memo as to which direction the payoffs needed to be sent vs actual housecleaning even of those who sent money in the correct direction I don't know, but even the US can't claim to be free of that and given the culture that had been in place for 50+ years, its not something that can be cleaned out overnight).

Aaron Z

He probably could. Or a day or two longer

7992FAE6-E0DB-4E68-AA5C-3709FEFA0AD3.jpeg

Just gonna be honest, I really don't think that's a good thing. Consenting adults should be able to do pretty much anything they want with their own bodies IMO. Wanna cut your dick off? Well, I think that's a pretty dumb decision but if that's what you really wanna do, have at it. Best of luck to you. I'm definitely not passing any laws that forces a doctor to do it though.

Just gonna be honest, I really don't think that's a good thing. Consenting adults should be able to do pretty much anything they want with their own bodies IMO. Wanna cut your dick off? Well, I think that's a pretty dumb decision but if that's what you really wanna do, have at it. Best of luck to you. I'm definitely not passing any laws that forces a doctor to do it though.
You think doctors should be able to profit off mutilating and sterilizing mentally ill people?

Top Back Refresh