What's new

Russia / Ukraine thread

1687618980878.png

This is what we were gunning for from the get go. We wanted regime change in Russia. But beware Aesop's ancient words.

"Be careful what you wished for lest it come true."

Chaos with the world's largest nuclear arsenal is a dicey proposition at very best.
Seems like we did the same thing in Iraq a few years ago and looking back it didn't work out so well. Better the evil you know.....................

Seems like we did the same thing in Iraq a few years ago and looking back it didn't work out so well. Better the evil you know.....................

I'm trying to recall an instance where we've used military intervention post-WWII either directly or by proxy that it didn't lead to a complete fucking disaster. We can't afford Russia to become a complete fucking disaster. Not with all those nukes. I just don't see any evidence that there's actual long term planning in our foreign policy establishment. It's just a bunch of kids in a candy store thinking about the right now. Yay! We can eat pounds of candy! Fuck that tummy ache to come, once we're over it we'll eat a shit ton of candy again!

I'm trying to recall an instance where we've used military intervention post-WWII either directly or by proxy that it didn't lead to a complete fucking disaster. We can't afford Russia to become a complete fucking disaster. Not with all those nukes. I just don't see any evidence that there's actual long term planning in our foreign policy establishment. It's just a bunch of kids in a candy store thinking about the right now. Yay! We can eat pounds of candy! Fuck that tummy ache to come, once we're over it we'll eat a shit ton of candy again!

Panama

This is what we were gunning for from the get go. We wanted regime change in Russia. But beware Aesop's ancient words.

"Be careful what you wished for lest it come true."

Chaos with the world's largest nuclear arsenal is a dicey proposition at very best.

People who think Putin is going to be replaced with someone more agreeable to the West are going to be sorely disappointed. Most of his rivals think he's not enough of a hawk with the West.

If Panama is the success story... yikes. They're still rife with corruption after we led an unprovoked invasion of choice (sound familiar?) to remove the guy we actually put in power.

People who think Putin is going to be replaced with someone more agreeable to the West are going to be sorely disappointed. Most of his rivals think he's not enough of a hawk with the West.

Exactly. All of the political pressure in Russia is coming from Putin's right.

South Korea was a complete shit show for about a decade afterwards. We can't afford that in Russia.
What's your point?
Name one country born or had a power takeover that didn't take a decade to straighten out?:confused:
You're stating the obvious, Captain Obvious; as though it was unprecedented.

Russia has been in turmoil for over two years now; where you been?:confused::confused:

There is t one that I’m aware of. Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, Libia, Vietnam, etc. we've fucked them all up.

What's your point?
Name one country born or had a power takeover that didn't take a decade to straighten out?:confused:

Russia has been in turmoil for over two years now; where you been?:confused::confused:

That's my point. We create and/or largely contribute to those situations.

What's your point?

Maybe the point is we should stop fucking with other countries you idiot fuck mouth breather.

Ww the second lead to the complete disaster....all wars feed chaos

Ww the second lead to the complete disaster....all wars feed chaos

At least WWII was an actual necessity. You really did have legit comic book style villains committing absolute atrocities and trying to take over the world. Without the utterly botched Treaty of Versailles to end WWI, WWII never happens. WWI was the result of just a series of diplomatic blunders then all the blame was pinned on Germany and the T of V was basically meant to punish Germany and outright cripple them. Well, that didn't go well. At least we learned the lesson that taught us and we ended WWII in a much more thoughtful manner leading to prosperous allies in Germany and Japan.

At least WWII was an actual necessity. You really did have legit comic book style villains committing absolute atrocities and trying to take over the world. Without the utterly botched Treaty of Versailles to end WWI, WWII never happens. WWI was the result of just a series of diplomatic blunders then all the blame was pinned on Germany and the T of V was basically meant to punish Germany and outright cripple them. Well, that didn't go well. At least we learned the lesson that taught us and we ended WWII in a much more thoughtful manner leading to prosperous allies in Germany and Japan.
And ending wwii the way we did gave immediate rise to the ussr and communist China and North Korea, instant cold War and the concept of limited warfare, which gave us the next 100 years of failure.

Thr communists took over far more of the world, Germany was decently satisfied with half of France to their west. :flipoff2:

How long until we start supplying Wagner like we did the Taliban in the 80's in Afganistan?

Just heard a report that Chechen troops that were fighting in Ukraine for Russia are headed East back into Russia, too.

If Panama is the success story... yikes. They're still rife with corruption after we led an unprovoked invasion of choice (sound familiar?) to remove the guy we actually put in power.

We have a history of making Central America our privately abused giz fest for our corporate interests for over a century. Not that much different from Epstein's Island. Truly evil Americans. What started out well intentioned under the Monroe Doctrine mutated and ended up being exploited for our own commercial interests. We had success stories after WWII rebuilding Germany under the Marshal plan and Japan. Long long time ago now.

And ending wwii the way we did gave immediate rise to the ussr and communist China and North Korea, instant cold War and the concept of limited warfare, which gave us the next 100 years of failure.

Thr communists took over far more of the world, Germany was decently satisfied with half of France to their west. :flipoff2:

Germany occupied far more than part of France.

Top Back Refresh