What's new

Russia / Ukraine thread

As far as testing our equipment and methods in combat it's already come to fruition, except we're using Ukrainian personnel instead of our own. We're not testing our newest stuff as we're keeping that here but you know everything that happens over there that we see or hear is being saved and analyzed and will hopefully be incorporated into training here. I do think our guys have better training especially at the small unit leadership level and like to think we wouldn't end up losing men and equipment in situations like the Ukrainians and Russians but "no plan survives first contact intact". Hopefully all we do is train, train, train, and train and never have to actually find out!

The thing that everyone was aware of in the Cold War was that any hot war between America and Russia eventually goes nuclear. There's no way around it. Honestly, with Russia's conventional forces looking likely far inferior to ours currently that only makes nuclear MORE likely. Russia would start losing any ground war in an existential type of ear very quickly. The west seems as hawkish toward Russia as ever these days. Full blown McCarthism level hawkishness. The McCarthyism just jumped from the political right right to the political left. That would make Russia feel like any diplomatic resolution to this situation would be extremely bad for them. It's probably a realistic fear. So... might as well reach for that red button.

It's scary how quickly we forgot the lessons of the Cold War. Most period historians agree that we avoided nuclear war during the Cold War primarily due to sheer dumb luck. There were numerous instances when one mistake, one poor decision, one hot head could've triggered Armageddon. The odds were heavily against us yet somehow here we are. It's absolutely psychotic that we're choosing to go down this path again. For what? Our risk/reward analysis on this situation is off bad IMO.

As far as testing our equipment and methods in combat it's already come to fruition, except we're using Ukrainian personnel instead of our own. We're not testing our newest stuff as we're keeping that here but you know everything that happens over there that we see or hear is being saved and analyzed and will hopefully be incorporated into training here. I do think our guys have better training especially at the small unit leadership level and like to think we wouldn't end up losing men and equipment in situations like the Ukrainians and Russians but "no plan survives first contact intact". Hopefully all we do is train, train, train, and train and never have to actually find out!

Spoken like a 20 year old know nothing noob.

Keep training.

The thing that everyone was aware of in the Cold War was that any hot war between America and Russia eventually goes nuclear. There's no way around it. Honestly, with Russia's conventional forces looking likely far inferior to ours currently that only makes nuclear MORE likely. Russia would start losing any ground war in an existential type of ear very quickly. The west seems as hawkish toward Russia as ever these days. Full blown McCarthism level hawkishness. The McCarthyism just jumped from the political right right to the political left. That would make Russia feel like any diplomatic resolution to this situation would be extremely bad for them. It's probably a realistic fear. So... might as well reach for that red button.

It's scary how quickly we forgot the lessons of the Cold War. Most period historians agree that we avoided nuclear war during the Cold War primarily due to sheer dumb luck. There were numerous instances when one mistake, one poor decision, one hot head could've triggered Armageddon. The odds were heavily against us yet somehow here we are. It's absolutely psychotic that we're choosing to go down this path again. For what? Our risk/reward analysis on this situation is off bad IMO.

You REALLY have no idea about what's going on. Yes, 40 years ago your comment might have been relevant. Maybe.

There is NO nuclear scenario going here. NONE of the "sides" are desperate.

Except maybe the US losing it's grip on Europe. They're figuring it out.

Why is his cleaning rod short and why is it not walking out ? These are the things we need to know
AK_AR.jpg

:laughing:

:flipoff2:

Given the faggot-ass woke trans agenda adopted by our military currently, I’m not convinced that our military truly is stronger/better than Russia’s. And that’s not directed at the boots on the ground folks, that’s 100% looking at their leadership.

You REALLY have no idea about what's going on. Yes, 40 years ago your comment might have been relevant. Maybe.

There is NO nuclear scenario going here. NONE of the "sides" are desperate.

Except maybe the US losing it's grip on Europe. They're figuring it out.

Did you actually read that post you quoted? :laughing:

Yep.

Any other questions?

Well, you demonstrated a very thorough lack of understanding. That's all.

You might be qualified for a position in our current foreign policy establishment. Because they're infected by the same brain worm. You unknowingly perfectly demonstrated the point I was making.

Well, you demonstrated a very thorough lack of understanding. That's all.

You might be qualified for a position in our current foreign policy establishment. because they're infected by the same brain worm.

I think you've reached your limit of understanding concerning current geopolitics.

You need to get in the World a bit more. If not out of your own head with outdated cruft "knowledge".

:rasta:

I think you've reached your limit of understanding concerning current geopolitics.

You need to get in the World a bit more. If not out of your own head with outdated cruft "knowledge".

:rasta:
Looking back through recent posts it just seems like this is your shtick. You think you "win" debates by refusing to engage and just making insults.

My primary point was that we have forgotten the lessons the Cold War taught us. Those lessons being:

1. Any direct open conflict between nuclear powers likely ends in nuclear exchange.
2. You cannot dismiss the risk of nuclear exchange when nuclear powers are involved. The risk is never zero.

But, you'll just respond with insults because that's all you have to offer.

Looking back through recent posts it just seems like this is your shtick. You think you "win" debates by refusing to engage and just making insults.

My primary point was that we have forgotten the lessons the Cold War taught us. Those lessons being:

1. Any direct open conflict between nuclear powers likely ends in nuclear exchange.
2. You cannot dismiss the risk of nuclear exchange when nuclear powers are involved. The risk is never zero.

But, you'll just respond with insults because that's all you have to offer.

I think you don't get that your argument was simple, but wrong. In these circumstances.

You think I'm attacking you. I'm not.

Get a clue?

I think you don't get that your argument was simple, but wrong. In these circumstances.

Get a clue?

State your case or STFU. All you're doing is slinging insults and acting like you're intellectually superior. Stop acting and prove it.

State your case or STFU. All you're doing is slinging insults and acting like you're intellectually superior. Stop acting and prove it.

Sorry you feel that way.

You've provided nothing of your own that would bring you up to the standard you seem to require of me.

:laughing:

Yep. As expected. At least now everyone knows that you have nothing to offer.

I'm done with him. I was just trying to get him to actually state a case and offer an actual argument but it's obvious he just wants to be a douchebag so whatever. Moving on.
You're just a little too slow to follow.

Not being a dick, but you're not my baggage to drag you along to catch up.

:flipoff2:

Last edited:
35% You will see dead people 35%
Ukrainian Special Forces enter a Russian trench and kill ~10 soldiers
Trench fighting looks brutal.

Last edited:

Get a clue?
My take. Russia does not want NATO on any of their boarders. They cant stop all of it. But in the case of the Ukraine I think they would not hesitate to use Nukes in Ukraine if they felt the could justify, used liberally, that it was to stoo the advancement and future invasion of Russia by NATO forces. Creating a wasteland would give them a 50+ year boarder they wouldn’t have to do much with.
I also wouldn’t put it past the Biden regime to detonate a Nuke in Ukraine as a way to drum up support for a full on NATO invasion into Russia. America and Russia are playing the who’s more corrupt and deceitful game and fucking the Ukrainian, American and Russian Citizens in the process.

Shills and fans.
My take. Russia does not want NATO on any of their boarders. They cant stop all of it. But in the case of the Ukraine I think they would not hesitate to use Nukes in Ukraine if they felt the could justify, used liberally, that it was to stoo the advancement and future invasion of Russia by NATO forces. Creating a wasteland would give them a 50+ year boarder they wouldn’t have to do much with.
I also wouldn’t put it past the Biden regime to detonate a Nuke in Ukraine as a way to drum up support for a full on NATO invasion into Russia. America and Russia are playing the who’s more corrupt and deceitful game and fucking the Ukrainian, American and Russian Citizens in the process.
Do you see a scenario where nukes could be used in Ukraine that did not escalate to nuclear exchanges and total war?

That video just didn't seem real. Seemed like a video game almost. Like NPCs just running around the trenches. Get shot and just drop dead immediately. Only one guy so much as made a sound. None moved when they dropped.

Zero relevant experience from me to draw on, just not how I envisioned it happening in real life.

Top Back Refresh