What's new

Russia / Ukraine thread

And the subject of negotiations should be the post-war world order, which implies a significant weakening of US hegemony, but at present it is too early to talk about this, so now there is no need for any negotiations.
This makes no sense. If we're so big and bad and morally corrupt, why would we even put weakening US world power on the table instead of walking away and just letting Ukraine burn to the ground?

This makes no sense. If we're so big and bad and morally corrupt, why would we even put weakening US world power on the table instead of walking away and just letting Ukraine burn to the ground?
And give up all the money laundering that we're doing? Why?

It does make a lot of sense from their point of view: it's already been underway for years, and last year boosted it up pretty hard.

Have you not been reading this thread?

Maybe I should be asking if you understood what you were reading....

And give up all the money laundering that we're doing? Why?
My point is the US is never going to sit down and agree to scale back the US projection of power in the world over the Ukraine. No matter how much fancy money laundering is going on. Medvedev either doesn't understand how a proxy war works or is barking and pushing propaganda. Either way no one is taking what he says seriously.

It does make a lot of sense from their point of view: it's already been underway for years, and last year boosted it up pretty hard.

Have you not been reading this thread?

Maybe I should be asking if you understood what you were reading....
See above.

My point is the US is never going to sit down and agree to scale back the US projection of power in the world over the Ukraine. No matter how much fancy money laundering is going on. Medvedev either doesn't understand how a proxy war works or is barking and pushing propaganda. Either way no one is taking what he says seriously.

See above.
Maybe he thinks that its just a waiting game and the mirage and illusion of power that the American government has created is set to dissolve.

Say, why are 2 year and 6 year cd's inverse on their interest rates? Hmmmmmmm.

Don't gotta be a prophet to see where the shit show is rollin.

Maybe he thinks that its just a waiting game and the mirage and illusion of power that the American government has created is set to dissolve.

Say, why are 2 year and 6 year cd's inverse on their interest rates? Hmmmmmmm.

Don't gotta be a prophet to see where the shit show is rollin.
We'll see. Even if US power goes away, I don't see Russia having the chops to step up and fill the void. Probably China instead.

See above.

Yeah, you really aren't clued in to how the US FUCKED Germany; and the other EU states are quietly disengaging from them.

You aren't paying attention. Russia won the war almost 18 months ago, and it has not much to do with Ukraine: the US fucked around way past what it thought it had, and it already knows it found out. It's not about the Ukraine. It hasn't been for a while.

Yeah, you really aren't clued in to how the US FUCKED Germany; and the other EU states are quietly disengaging from them.

You aren't paying attention. Russia won the war almost 18 months ago, and it has not much to do with Ukraine: the US fucked around way past what it thought it had, and it already knows it found out. It's not about the Ukraine. It hasn't been for a while.
Well glad that's sorted. War's done, thread's over, we can all go home. Thanks for setting us all straight.

We'll see. Even if US power goes away, I don't see Russia having the chops to step up and fill the void. Probably China instead.
I think you'll see alliances spring up that would be extremely surprising.

The u.s. wouldn't shrink in a vacuum. And thats a lotta influence to be gobbled up. And chips are being moved on the table with that in mind.

Our enemies are not stupid. They know why the Roman empire fell, even if we prefer to sit back and lie to ourselves.

At somepoint of inflicting a culture with lies, gaslighting, coercion, and violence there comes a point of no return. Either to blatant tyranny or collapse, with many different factors leading to the ultimate choice of the society in question.

Our enemies understand sociology and human history. We know this because we have educated them here.
Whats that saying? "There ain't anything new under the sun." We are living history, just with "smartphones" and nuclear weapons this time around.

Personally, I think our enemies are content just waiting us out, since they know we can't "progress" from where we are without a massive contraction of power. On the economic from, sociological front, cultural front....on all fronts.

Makes ya wonder why everyone is screeching 'bout tranny beer on the eve of a massive economic whiplash that has a real potential to decimate the middle class.

But we got 87,000 new jackboots to make sure Bobby and Sally Bluecollar are paying their fair share.

Understand the game. Aint none of this shit happening in a vacuum. And your enemies aint stupid.

Personally, I think our enemies are content just waiting us out, since they know we can't "progress" from where we are without a massive contraction of power. On the economic from, sociological front, cultural front....on all fronts.
This. Undoing the damage we've let be done internally is going to take time, effort and money all of which can't be micromanaging some brown people half a world away.

I think you'll see alliances spring up that would be extremely surprising.

The u.s. wouldn't shrink in a vacuum. And thats a lotta influence to be gobbled up. And chips are being moved on the table with that in mind.

Our enemies are not stupid. They know why the Roman empire fell, even if we prefer to sit back and lie to ourselves.

At somepoint of inflicting a culture with lies, gaslighting, coercion, and violence there comes a point of no return. Either to blatant tyranny or collapse, with many different factors leading to the ultimate choice of the society in question.

Our enemies understand sociology and human history. We know this because we have educated them here.
Whats that saying? "There ain't anything new under the sun." We are living history, just with "smartphones" and nuclear weapons this time around.

Makes ya wonder why everyone is screeching 'bout tranny beer on the eve of a massive economic whiplash that has a real potential to decimate the middle class.

But we got 87,000 new jackboots to make sure Bobby and Sally Bluecollar are paying their fair share.

Understand the game. Aint none of this shit happening in a vacuum. And your enemies aint stupid.

Yellow text above shows unbelievable hubris! :shaking::shaking::shaking: Un-fucking-real you actually think that.

Who are these "enemies" you speak of?

I think you got that backwards.

I'm serious. Pretty much EVERYONE wanted to work with the US, and when terms weren't acceptable (i.e. others being beaten over the head, lopsidedly, and decided to not accept being fucked in the ass) THEY were deemed "enemies of the US".

:shaking:

For fuck's sake, get your head out of your ass.

The US is only feeling the rest of the World saying "Fuck you, we've had enough of your shit". Same with UK.

Last edited:
Who's this "us" you include yourself into? You're alone in "not getting it".
7muqgq.jpg

I'm serious. Pretty much EVERYONE wanted to work with the US, and when terms weren't acceptable (i.e. others being beaten over the head, lopsidedly, and decided to not accept being fucked in the ass) THEY were deemed "enemies of the US".

Yellow text above shows unbelievable hubris! :shaking::shaking::shaking: Un-fucking-real you actually think that.

The US is only feeling the rest of the World saying "Fuck you, we've had enough of your shit". Same with UK.
I don't think China loaded up Purdue University with visa students in order to "work with" the United States. If you think so, then I have to wonder what your agenda is, here. Because it certainly isn't based in reality.

Last edited:
Why do people put "the" in front of that country name?

Nobody says "the Canada" or "the Mexico". Must be reason. Make me smarter.
It's a linguistic holdover from when Ukraine was a region of the USSR and before that Russia so it's like saying you're going to "the midwest" or "the south" or "the plains states" or whatever.

That's a good question. Generally I'm opposed to people doing it and then I didn't even realize I had written it that way until you quoted me..

..and now that I'm thinking about it, we don't say "the Mexico" or "the Canada", but we do say "the United States".... maybe because it's a grouping of states rather than a single entity. Either way, I'd love to be able to make you smarter, but I think there's a chance in this case that I'm just dragging you down. :flipoff2:
Californians.

The 101.
The 402.
The Ukraine.
Well there's that. I am a Californian born and raised and I do refer to interstates/routes with a "the" in front. I've even heard some northern californians claim that habit is a southern californian trait.

because it was once a territory of someone more powerful
like... crimea

or anywhere else commonly associated with being preceded by a 'the'

yup yup
economics is fun because its laws are at work no matter how hard the topic is avoided

but people are stupid, and distracting them from coming calamity makes it easier to milk the last bit out of them before priorities are rearranged toward more basic necessities

I don't think China loaded up Purdue University with visa students in order to "work with" the United States. If you think so, then I have to wonder what your agenda is, here. Because it certainly isn't based in reality.

Wholeheartedly agree with China absolutely loading students and academics into big research companies for export/ex-filtration. It's been going on for 30+ years.

We would not hire any chinese peeps, and it wasn't about race/culture.

We also wouldn't hire anybody even loosely related to Israel. They were/are worse for stealing your shit.

Last edited:
Had an ex that worked in the grant office at a large state school, all of the foreign students are required to fully fund their college tuition through the 4 full years. They basically have to deposit 200k or more into a bank account in USA to show that they can pay for schooling, this was 15 years go so probably more now. She said that more than half the scholarships would to foreign students, that’s madness.

Also when I was there a bunch of Chinese got caught cheating and expelled. They would get the tests early from a ta so they had all of answers before they sat down.

Always bothered me that the foreign students never tried to fit in they just stuck to themselves and never tried to integrate into college culture.

Always bothered me that the foreign students never tried to fit in they just stuck to themselves and never tried to integrate into college culture.
To be fair, if being part of the crowd that prides themselves on getting drunk and staying up all night is considered "college culture" I can see why they would avoid it...
I certainly did when I was in college.

Aaron Z

I have been trying to understand this. Do you mean we grossly miscalculated that Russia would invade instead of just sitting idly by like it did when Trump was in power ?

Top Back Refresh