What's new

Russia / Ukraine thread

don't worry about it bro, you've been a free-range tax slave all your life, just like the rest of us

easiest way to avoid getting fucked is to make less money
make less and spend less

C A S H

bruh.

inflation is a tax everyone holding onto any amount of currency is paying
and sales tax
and all the other taxes rolled into the commodity price of everything

And the cost of government regulations. Which may be higher than the tax load itself.

Sandy, retreating forces are the best ones to shell. They are concentrated and usually dont fire back as effectively as advancing ones. They retreat to gain or regain some tactical or strategic advantage. To live to fight and kill another day. War is kill or be killed, no more no less. The direction an army goes does not change its status as a target. This is basic savagery going back to pre and protohuman apes and hominids.

Surrendering troops, no, off limits to target. Hopefully.
Yup. Kill the retreating troops and theu won't be coming back to fight you a week or so in the future.

inflation is a tax everyone holding onto any amount of currency is paying
and sales tax
and all the other taxes rolled into the commodity price of everything

english?

cash is bad?

Who else besides me is loving all this taxation without representation? This kinda spending should be on a fucking bond referendum or something like it was back in the day, not just write a check. :shaking:
Beyond that, during the last election during all the mud slinging weren't they claiming Ukraine was corrupt as shit? Biden's family had ties, Trump did bad shit apparently, and now we just fucking throw money at them like drunken sailors. (and that's an insult to drunken sailors). I'm so fucking sick of all this shit..
shutting up now, before i get into the whole debt cieling and all that shit.
I got laid off at Christmas from a job i thought I could retire from, so I know good and damn well how I can't spend more than i take in, how fucking hard is that concept?
All of this comes with strings attached. It also gives a war machine additional funds (financed via taxpayers) to replenish these weapons/make new ones.

Follow the money...

Ukraine's fate has been decided on before first bullet was fired. What we are being shown is a mere charade, sadly real people are dying on both sides.

Want peace on earth? Easy. New rule. Leader(s) of the country must lead the troops in battle.
Done. No more war ever again.

Plenty of historical leaders led troops into battle. Empire were won and lost, civilizations wiped off the face of the earth. The wars were fought with swords, spears and arrows and horses. Just not so much now.

you've been robbed without your even knowing it
the robbery was so widespread that nobody can escape it

even dumping the dollar for alternative trade doesn't really work, because those who haven't shrugged off regulation are still charging you for their costs incurred

So cash is not king?

Hoarding is king?

So cash is not king?

Hoarding is king?
You have two options in inflationary environments: invest in assets that will price inflate at the same or greater rate of inflation, or buy shit you need with the cash. Cash is not king when you have 5%+ annual inflation.

I guess you technically have 3, unplug from the matrix uncle Ted style, very hard to actually do.

You have two options in inflationary environments: invest in assets that will price inflate at the same or greater rate of inflation, or buy shit you need with the cash. Cash is not king when you have 5%+ annual inflation.

I guess you technically have 3, unplug from the matrix uncle Ted style, very hard to actually do.
Real estate?

Wagner group supposedly pulling out.

I saw that also. Not until May 9 and will take until may 15 to transition regular troops. Also it is speculated that he is posturing again.

I saw that also. Not until May 9 and will take until may 15 to transition regular troops. Also it is speculated that he is posturing again.
I hear that the leader Prigozhin dosent have a military background but has a ton of cash. Hes on the front line a lot though. He posted a video trashing the Russian military and commanders some by name. Something over lack of ammo being delivered. Bunch of his dead Wagner group in the background. I think he'll disappear.

Wagner chief says mercenaries will leave Bakhmut, blasts Moscow​

BY BRAD DRESS - 05/05/23 9:00 AM ET

Wagner Group head Yevgeny Prigozhin attends the funeral of Dmitry Menshikov, a fighter of the Wagner Group who died during Russia’s war in Ukraine, at the Beloostrovskoye cemetery outside St. Petersburg on Dec. 24, 2022.
Wagner Group founder Yevgeny Prigozhin said he will withdraw his mercenaries from the embattled town of Bakhmut, Ukraine, saying his fighters are “doomed to senseless death” because Russia’s Defense Ministry is depriving them of ammunition.
“By not giving us shells, you are not depriving us of victory, you are depriving the people of Russia of victory,” Prigozhin said in a video released on his Telegram account. “We will lick our wounds, and when the Motherland is in danger, we will rise again to defend it. The Russian people can count on us.”
Prigozhin said Wagner Group would leave Bakhmut May 10, one day after Victory Day — an important holiday in Russia celebrating Moscow’s triumph over Nazi Germany in World War II.
Bakhmut, a city in Ukraine’s eastern Donetsk region, has become a major battleground in the war effort as Russia has pounded away at the city for months, making only incremental gains while expending troops and ammunition at a great cost.
The assault has been led by the Wagner Group, which began encircling Ukrainian defenders in the late winter fueled by a new Russian offensive but has since struggled to make any gains.
Now, Ukraine is looking to exploit the failed Russian offensive and is eyeing a counterattack, which could be coming any day now.
Bakhmut is a strategic point in the Donetsk region and the wider eastern Donbas, which Russia has looked to seize this spring.
In the video, Prigozhin heavily criticized Russian defense leaders, directly accusing them of inadequacy and a failure to achieve its goals.
He said the Russian army and mercenary fighters should have seized Bakhmut by May 9, but the “bureaucrats” had cut off artillery ammunition and allegedly lied about the number of Russian troops fighting in the city.
“The named number of troops is very different from the real one, there are a lot of additions: instead of tens of thousands there are tens and rarely hundreds of soldiers,” Prigozhin accused.
Wagner Group, primarily known for its meddling in conflicts in Africa and Syria, first entered Ukraine in March 2022 after Russia’s initial plan to seize the capital of Ukraine and large swaths of the country failed.
Since October, when Russia began concentrating on Bakhmut and eastern Ukraine, Prigozhin has played an outsized role in broadcasting the war effort on the Russian side and has repeatedly complained about a lack of ammunition.
It’s unclear how truthful his statements have been, and Moscow has rarely addressed them publicly.
Anti-monarchy protesters arrested ahead of King Charles III coronationFive awkward questions that hang over the coronation of King Charles III
In the video, he said Wagner Group ran out of offensive resources in April and now has a 90 percent shortage in ammunition.
The mercenary chief requested the Russian Ministry of Defense replace his troops at the border ahead of his withdrawal.
“After a while, there will be clever people who will say that we should have stayed in Bakhmut even longer,” Prigozhin said. “Whoever has critical remarks — come to Bakhmut, welcome, stand with weapons in their hands instead of our killed comrades.”

From Prigozhin's telegram:

To the Minister of Defense
Of the Russian Federation,
To the general of the Army Shoigu S.K.

Dear Sergey Kuzhugetovich!

Due to the prolonged "shell starvation" (receiving 32% of the artillery ammunition requested since October 2022) and the resulting loss of the combat potential of the Wagner PMCs.
Accepting the consent of the Head of the Chechen Republic, the Hero of Russia, the Hero
LNR, the Hero of the DPR, Colonel-General Kadyrov Ramzan Akhmatovich, replace the units of the Wagner PMCs with units that heroically
proved themselves during the storming of Mariupol and other territories by units of the Akhmat special forces.
I ask you to issue a combat order on the transfer of the positions of the Wagner PMCs to the units
of the Akhmat battalion in the village of Bakhmut and its surroundings by 00:00 on May 10, 2023.

May 6, 2023 - Head of the Wagner PMCs
E. Prigozhin

:stirthepot:

Last edited:
If anyone thinks Wagner wasn't an OP....

corn-GIF-Meme-Eating-Popcorn-Featured-StudioBinder.jpg

Chechens are back filling. The guys that took Mariupol. Kadyrov mentioned they also ran out of munitions. So with the Wagner pulling out do they go back to prison? On another note the southern front has now has a mass evacuation. Russia is clearing out all the towns including around the nuke plant. Someone should start some offense soon.

Looks like there's gonna be some more folks falling out of windows again soon.

Top Back Refresh