What's new

Russia / Ukraine thread

My meaningless prediction:
So there are also reports of Tanks making ready on other fronts (Belarus) - I assume the play here is that the Russian Armor is going to roll into the separatist controlled area totally unopposed, all the while treating the other hundred thousand troops everywhere else as a Knife to the throat of the rest of Ukraine. When the Russians decide the border of this new republic is behind the line of control, they'll issue a warning to the Ukrainian army to retreat or they'll have no choice to do it the hard way, while nodding at the divisions sitting in Belarus, Crimea, and everywhere else.

Good thing we've made it very clear that this is naughty behavior.

Reminds me of when you tell a puppy no 400 times and it just learns to ignore you.

That's what I'm thinking too.

Like it was described before:
Fimages%2Fe9a7b889175db947f670d4111e807b82%2Ftenor.gif
As I've said before, Putin wants the territory that the old USSR had back together, this time under his thumb.
Those break away areas have ethnic russians in them, mainly because the USSR moved a bunch there.
Now Putin is using that similar to how Hitler did with the Sudetenland to protect ethnic Germans.
Bullshit in both cases.

My meaningless prediction:
So there are also reports of Tanks making ready on other fronts (Belarus) - I assume the play here is that the Russian Armor is going to roll into the separatist controlled area totally unopposed, all the while treating the other hundred thousand troops everywhere else as a Knife to the throat of the rest of Ukraine. When the Russians decide the border of this new republic is behind the line of control, they'll issue a warning to the Ukrainian army to retreat or they'll have no choice to do it the hard way, while nodding at the divisions sitting in Belarus, Crimea, and everywhere else.

Good thing we've made it very clear that this is naughty behavior.

Reminds me of when you tell a puppy no 400 times and it just learns to ignore you.
look up a few posts, Russia has rolled tanks
"making ready' not rolling in

"making ready' not rolling in

Putin orders Russian forces to Ukraine rebel regions: Live​

Russian president says troops to ‘maintain peace’ in Donetsk and Luhansk, areas he earlier recognised as independent.

US backs urgent UN Security Council meeting on Ukraine​

The United States said it supports Ukraine’s call for an urgent UN Security Council meeting, calling Russia’s recognition of two Ukrainian breakaway regions an “unprovoked violation of Ukraine’s sovereignty and territorial integrity”.

“The Security Council must demand that Russia respect the sovereignty and territorial integrity of Ukraine, a UN Member State,” US ambassador to the UN Linda Thomas-Greenfield said in a statement

Russia acquires right to build military bases in eastern Ukraine: Agreement​

Russia has acquired the right to build military bases in Ukraine’s two breakaway regions under new agreements with their separatist leaders, according to a copy of an agreement signed by Putin published on Monday.

Russia and the breakaway regions also plan to sign separate agreements on military cooperation and protection of borders, according to draft laws that Russia’s State Duma lower house of parliament will consider on Tuesday.

UN chief says Russia violating Ukraine’s sovereignty: Spokesperson​

UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres believes Russia has violated the territorial integrity and sovereignty of Ukraine by recognising Donetsk and Luhansk as independent entities, a spokesperson said.

“The United Nations, in line with the relevant General Assembly resolutions, remains fully supportive of the sovereignty, independence and territorial integrity of Ukraine, within its internationally recognized borders,” UN spokesperson Stephane Dujarric said in a statement.

The last 24 hours have seen some extraordinary Soviet naval activity. The first to sail was this ship, we believe called the Red October...

Does look like the Russians have been packing the Black Sea in the last month or so with the Turkish Strait traffic below:
17.2.2022EpronNorthboundRussiaBlack Sea
16.2.2022375Dmitry RogachevNorthboundRussiaBlack Sea
13.2.2022Rostov-na-DonuNorthboundRussiaBlack Sea
9.2.2022016Georgy PobedonosetsNorthboundRussiaNorthern
9.2.2022012Olenegorsky GornyakNorthboundRussiaNorthern
9.2.2022017Pyotr MorgunovNorthboundRussiaNorthern
8.2.2022102KaliningradNorthboundRussiaBaltic
8.2.2022127MinskNorthboundRussiaBaltic
8.2.2022130KorolevNorthboundRussiaBaltic
3.2.2022908Vitse Admiral ZaharinNorthboundRussiaBlack Sea
3.2.2022MB-304NorthboundRussiaBlack Sea
1.2.2022609Vshyniy VolochyokNorthboundRussiaBlack Sea
24.1.2022148OrskNorthboundRussiaBlack Sea
22.1.2022466Vladimir EmelianovSouthboundRussiaBlack Sea
21.1.2022626Orekhovo-ZuevoSouthboundRussiaBlack Sea
15.1.2022EpronSouthboundRussiaBlack Sea
13.1.2022148OrskSouthboundRussiaBlack Sea
8.1.2022274Vice Admiral Constantin BalescuNorthboundRomania
7.1.2022631Georgy KurbatovNorthboundRussia
7.1.2022Spasatel Vasily BekhNorthboundRussia
7.1.2022Vsevolod BobrovNorthboundRussia
2.1.2022D-654AuvergneSouthboundFrance

Last edited:
Looks like a bunch of landing craft, at least one nuclear ballistic sub, at least one air craft carrier, an new destroyer and a new mine sweeper.

Uncle Joe is going to kill us all.

Looks like a bunch of landing craft, at least one nuclear ballistic sub, at least one air craft carrier, an new destroyer and a new mine sweeper.

Uncle Joe is going to kill us all.
Joe is going to get a lot of people killed. Oh well at least the idiots that helped him get in office are sleeping well tonight.

Linda Thomas-Greenfield has just held an extremely brief press conference and didn’t take questions.

She reiterated that in the US’s view Russia’s move to recognise the Donetsk and Luhansk rebel areas “tore the Minsk agreement to shreds” and that the US would be announcing sanctions on Russia on Tuesday.

Ukraine’s representative Sergiy Kyslytsa was the second last diplomat to speak and condemned Putin’s “illegal and illegitmate” decision to recognise the rebel-held areas in Ukraine’s east.

He equated Russia to a virus that was affecting the world and infecting even the United Nations.

“The UN is sick; that’s a statement of fact,” Kyslytsa said, echoing the Albanian representatives comments on previous Russian manoeuvres. “It’s been hit by a virus spread by the Kremlin. Will it succumb to this virus? It’s in the hands of the members. Who is next?”

She (linda thomas-greenfiedl) has urged the UN to come together and condemn Russia’s move.

“No one can stand on the sidelines,” she said, stressing Moscow’s actions in Ukraine represent “an attack on every UN member state and the UN Charter”.

Top Back Refresh