What's new

RECORD NUMBER OF FREIGHTERS AWAIT OFF CALIFORNIA COAST

SHAFTA exempted Messican trucks. Me thinks the new ports in Baja will move all shipping there and the border crossings have been upgraded. The Long Beach port can now be divvied up equitably amongst the Venetians and World Citizens Elites will gladly enforce Agenda 2030.

A red state needs to annex the baja, then we won't care about Califoria's ****yness

The gulf is all clogged up as well.
Its a combination of problems.
Kali not letting owner operators on the docks, not letting old trucks on the docks, AND the union sending dock workers home with pay till further notice. A relative has not worked on the docks since June amd has been getting paid to stay home, he isn't scheduled to return to work until Dec. Docks in Houston and Port Aransas are piled high as well with few containers leaving daily, there should be hundreds leaving daily, not 4-5.
Why is this happening?
Who is behind this?

Joetato needs to stop being a bitch and override California's bs truck mandates
Only problem there is: Joetato is in favor of the Kalifornistan-style enviroweenie idiocy.

At least that's what his handlers tell him, and the mu'fugger is beyond thinking for himself.

If I honestly believed our govt was the least bit competent, I would be wondering if there was some sort of credible threat by boat they are slowly working through.

As it sits, incompetence is the clear winner as to why it is, like it is.

Read an article today - seems as though CA is a central factor in making this happen:
"The trucking issue with California LA ports, ie the Port of Los Angeles (POLA) and the Port of Long Beach (POLB), is that all semi tractors have to be current with new California emissions standards. As a consequence, that mean trucks cannot be older than 3 years if they are to pick up or deliver containers at those ports. This issue wipes out approximately half of the fleet trucks used to move containers in/out of the port. Operating the port 24/7 will not cure the issue, because all it does is pile up more containers that sit idle as they await a limited number of trucks to pick them up."
sounds like a business opportunity to me

open new trucking depot few miles from port, have stupid new truck go to port pickup container bring them back to the new depot and transfer them to an older truck, new truck heads back to port to pick up another container

i have no clue how any of this stuff works, just throwing a hare-brained idea out there :laughing:

sounds like a business opportunity to me

open new trucking depot few miles from port, have stupid new truck go to port pickup container bring them back to the new depot and transfer them to an older truck, new truck heads back to port to pick up another container

i have no clue how any of this stuff works, just throwing a hare-brained idea out there :laughing:

Already done. They also run freight out to the Az border and swap loads.

Montrose, listen up. You and I could make $$$ hauling freight in and out of Cali. Laredo to Cali pays good and Cali to Tx and surrounding states pays better. I have 3 trucks that could handle this. You've got the authority. How does 15k+ a week sound?

then why is a lack of trucks still part of the problem?
Because there is a shit load of freight to move and guys with their own authority are doing loads that pay better than port work without the headache.

Most port guys run through a central companies authority so they are bound to only them.

Trains/rail car will start to become a big thing. Liberals have huge boners for choochoo trains
everyone should have a boner for the choo choos
freight choochoos are by far the most efficient way of doing it

peoplemoving choochoos... not so great because people aren't freight

Lead time can be a yuuuge factor also. I've seen a lot of shit air-freighted (for $$$) lately because it takes 1-2 weeks including customs clearance vs. 6-8 weeks for a boat ride.
My company is air freighting carpet for a project to the tune of $120k to get it here in time

On top of that, most of the ships sitting in the pacific are too wide/long to fit through the canal. Doesnt make sense to reload to smaller vessels to pass through. If loaded on a gargantuan ship, the only option is to wait their turn for a spot on the west coast.
They widened the locks, project was completed in 16.

The gulf is all clogged up as well.
Its a combination of problems.
Kali not letting owner operators on the docks, not letting old trucks on the docks, AND the union sending dock workers home with pay till further notice. A relative has not worked on the docks since June amd has been getting paid to stay home, he isn't scheduled to return to work until Dec. Docks in Houston and Port Aransas are piled high as well with few containers leaving daily, there should be hundreds leaving daily, not 4-5.
Why is this happening?
Who is behind this?
I can tell you that there is more than 4-5 trucks leaving the port of Houston a day. Bayport and Barbours cut are both 4 plus lanes wide and have trucks going all day. It's not the wall to wall trucks stretched around the port but they still have stuff leaving.

I can tell you that there is more than 4-5 trucks leaving the port of Houston a day. Bayport and Barbours cut are both 4 plus lanes wide and have trucks going all day. It's not the wall to wall trucks stretched around the port but they still have stuff leaving.

This. Those clowns are hauling containers out of there left and right every day.

Now y'all heard of a "Japanese Inspection?" Japanese Inpsection, you see, when the Japs get in a load of lettuce they're not sure they wanna let in the country, why they'll just let it sit there on the dock 'til they get good and ready to look at. But then of course, it's all gone rotten... ain't nothing left to inspect. You see, lettuce is a perishable item... like you two monkeys.

Now y'all heard of a "Japanese Inspection?" Japanese Inpsection, you see, when the Japs get in a load of lettuce they're not sure they wanna let in the country, why they'll just let it sit there on the dock 'til they get good and ready to look at. But then of course, it's all gone rotten... ain't nothing left to inspect. You see, lettuce is a perishable item... like you two monkeys.
One of the better quotes from a ho hum movie

One of the better quotes from a ho hum movie
No idea what movie that's from but that is actually a thing with the Asians. If you have a kick ass broker or the company receiving the product has enough pull to grease the wheels through cash so the inspectors to turn their heads while the product is removed.

No idea what movie that's from but that is actually a thing with the Asians. If you have a kick ass broker or the company receiving the product has enough pull to grease the wheels through cash so the inspectors to turn their heads while the product is removed.
Days of thunder

Don't worry guys, Biden said he is going to get out in front of this problem.

Top Back Refresh