What's new

RECORD NUMBER OF FREIGHTERS AWAIT OFF CALIFORNIA COAST

Its more than a dock worker problem. Its also a massive shortage or drivers to get the shit out of the port alonnwith a shortage of chassis. Yes a slowdown from workers may be causing part of it. But Long beach alone need 10-20,000 extra drivers to help empty shit out.

Simple solution... Stop sending ships to the port in California and use other ports around the country.

Fuck Cali and every single one of its retarded ass rules...
Geography is on their side. TX takes longer to get to, more fuel, and tolls on the canal.

The "No new commercial trucks available" line is total bullshit. The Freightliner dealer near me must have 15 of every color and model truck they make sitting on their lot as we speak. Volvo/Mack dealer here is the same way. It's definitely not a lack of trucks.
Its not trucks its drivers. Why do they want port wages and confined by EDL when they can be paid by fema as essential employees delivering “essential” shit making more money per mile and be able to drive over 8 hours in many cases. It’s a 100% federal government created problem. That the state has helped to make a bit worse.

Geography is on their side. TX takes longer to get to, more fuel, and tolls on the canal.

If they can manufacture it in China, truck it to a port, ship it to another country, truck it to a warehouse and eventually to a store for cheaper than we can manufacture and sell it here in the US, adding a few extra bucks to the price of imported goods wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing...

If they can manufacture it in China, truck it to a port, ship it to another country, truck it to a warehouse and eventually to a store for cheaper than we can manufacture and sell it here in the US, adding a few extra bucks to the price of imported goods wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing...
I'm not against that either. There is a difference between quality castings and machining's and imported shit. But that enters into countervaling duties.

The "No new commercial trucks available" line is total bullshit. The Freightliner dealer near me must have 15 of every color and model truck they make sitting on their lot as we speak. Volvo/Mack dealer here is the same way. It's definitely not a lack of trucks.

I bet if you call they are used trucks or already sold. There isn’t shit available out west. Look at new class 8 sleepers on their website. Same problem as auto’s , no computers to build them. I guess they could also be gliders ( no engine or transmission, sometimes axles).

To run California you need a newer emissions truck and California sticker.I’d guess 1/2 or more of US fleet doesn’t qualify to run in California or New York.

Decent used trucks are getting thin also.

I bet if you call they are used trucks or already sold. There isn’t shit available out west. Look at new class 8 sleepers on their website. Same problem as auto’s , no computers to build them. I guess they could also be gliders ( no engine or transmission, sometimes axles).

To run California you need a newer emissions truck and California sticker.I’d guess 1/2 or more of US fleet doesn’t qualify to run in California or New York.

Decent used trucks are getting thin also.
IIRC They also have to drive for a company they can't be independent.
Mechanic I watch on youtube has done several drive train swaps so that the owner's can continue to drive into CA

Its more than a dock worker problem. Its also a massive shortage or drivers to get the shit out of the port alonnwith a shortage of chassis. Yes a slowdown from workers may be causing part of it. But Long beach alone need 10-20,000 extra drivers to help empty shit out.
Maybe they should put at a minimum a moratorium on the bullshit rules so things can get moving? Of course they won't do that because that's be admitting their rules are fucked. :homer:

Maybe they should put at a minimum a moratorium on the bullshit rules so things can get moving? Of course they won't do that because that's be admitting their rules are fucked. :homer:

another problem here is,

fuck port work.

youd have to pay me 1500 for a 10 hour day to touch that shit here. port drivers are biggest sacks of shit on the road. this is also confirmed by port drivers themselves.

another problem here is,

fuck port work.

youd have to pay me 1500 for a 10 hour day to touch that shit here. port drivers are biggest sacks of shit on the road. this is also confirmed by port drivers themselves.
That's a fact. I posted the same thing earlier in this thread. Port workers are useless scum.

Little trip down memory lane

Don't worry, the "expert" they interviewed on CBS last night said most of the backlog should be cleared up by next summer.

Send in the government to deal with private industry? That’s authoritarian, but I can’t tell which would be the slower entity, the government or the worlds most corrupt union
Well they want to do it to healthcare so why not send in drivers, dock workers etc?

Simple solution... Stop sending ships to the port in California and use other ports around the country.

Fuck Cali and every single one of its retarded ass rules...
What other ports are you going to use? SF? Seattle? Portland? Ain't nobody going to pay to go through the canal when they can dump it on the west coast. Even if they have to wait a week, it still faster and cheaper than going around.

Maybe offload shit in Mexico and run it north via Mexican drivers? I'm not sure how much more the ports in Portland and Seattle can handle and if they can find trucks with drivers. The last I heard is there is no new commercial trucks to be had even if you can find drivers. Maybe it's time for Elon to bring on the self driving trucks.

They all ready unload a lot of shit in Ensanada. That port has doubled in size in the last 10 years. It all gets trucked north. They really need to put in a rail line. There have been talks for years of putting a rail line in from Mexicali to san Quintine and enlarging the port there. But as with all things 8n Mexico, not enough palms are getting greased so it will never happen.

Its about timeframe. Right now it may be appealing but I would imagine it wont save a lot of time. Bookings through the canal arent made same day and aren’t cheap. Also more expensive vessel trip because more fuel and more distance covered plus the cost of the canal passage. Right now railroads are saying fuck you to people trying to get their containers on a train from a port because they can. Everything is completely fucked because of the government scamdemic.

Its about timeframe. Right now it may be appealing but I would imagine it wont save a lot of time. Bookings through the canal arent made same day and aren’t cheap. Also more expensive vessel trip because more fuel and more distance covered plus the cost of the canal passage. Right now railroads are saying fuck you to people trying to get their containers on a train from a port because they can. Everything is completely fucked because of the government scamdemic.
Lead time can be a yuuuge factor also. I've seen a lot of shit air-freighted (for $$$) lately because it takes 1-2 weeks including customs clearance vs. 6-8 weeks for a boat ride.

Lead time can be a yuuuge factor also. I've seen a lot of shit air-freighted (for $$$) lately because it takes 1-2 weeks including customs clearance vs. 6-8 weeks for a boat ride.

I'm trying to get a package from south Africa for the past few months. A lot of pack and forth. I'm about to just say fuckit and get raped by airmail because boat is unknown and unreliable at this point.

On top of that, most of the ships sitting in the pacific are too wide/long to fit through the canal. Doesnt make sense to reload to smaller vessels to pass through. If loaded on a gargantuan ship, the only option is to wait their turn for a spot on the west coast.

Read an article today - seems as though CA is a central factor in making this happen:
"The trucking issue with California LA ports, ie the Port of Los Angeles (POLA) and the Port of Long Beach (POLB), is that all semi tractors have to be current with new California emissions standards. As a consequence, that mean trucks cannot be older than 3 years if they are to pick up or deliver containers at those ports. This issue wipes out approximately half of the fleet trucks used to move containers in/out of the port. Operating the port 24/7 will not cure the issue, because all it does is pile up more containers that sit idle as they await a limited number of trucks to pick them up."

Read an article today - seems as though CA is a central factor in making this happen:
"The trucking issue with California LA ports, ie the Port of Los Angeles (POLA) and the Port of Long Beach (POLB), is that all semi tractors have to be current with new California emissions standards. As a consequence, that mean trucks cannot be older than 3 years if they are to pick up or deliver containers at those ports. This issue wipes out approximately half of the fleet trucks used to move containers in/out of the port. Operating the port 24/7 will not cure the issue, because all it does is pile up more containers that sit idle as they await a limited number of trucks to pick them up."
aultImage=Not_Available&defaultImage=Not_Available.jpg

SHAFTA exempted Messican trucks. Me thinks the new ports in Baja will move all shipping there and the border crossings have been upgraded. The Long Beach port can now be divvied up equitably amongst the Venetians and World Citizens Elites will gladly enforce Agenda 2030.

Top Back Refresh