What's new

Random stuff you made.

Small portable press brake I made the other day. I needed to bend some brackets in the field and didn’t want to bring my press out. Planned to make it smaller/lighter with a 4 or 8 ton bottle jack but didn’t feel like going to the HF. I’ll build another smaller one in the future.

photo2972.jpg

This is still fuckin' awesome!
(I still haven't built one, but I'm getting close, I swear!)

Did you build a version 2.0?
Anything you would change?

Nice that you can switch out the bottom die for sharper bends on thinner stuff.
I guess it should be built tall to use the upper part of the jack stroke, so you can open up big enough to get complicated bent parts out.

I don't get the caged booze, is it just a look how funny this is, you need to cut it apart to drink it?

I don't get the caged booze, is it just a look how funny this is, you need to cut it apart to drink it?
I don't get it either, BUT I could imagine having an alcoholic relative in recovery at which point it do the cage but it would be 1.5" solid bar stock on .75" plate and covered in gussets, and on his 3rd cutoff wheel he'd realize he's fucking up.

This is still fuckin' awesome!
(I still haven't built one, but I'm getting close, I swear!)

Did you build a version 2.0?
Anything you would change?

Nice that you can switch out the bottom die for sharper bends on thinner stuff.
I guess it should be built tall to use the upper part of the jack stroke, so you can open up big enough to get complicated bent parts out.
No 2.0 yet, I honestly don't have any complaints about it. I bend small stuff in it monthly. Bigger stuff gets bent In the big press brake. I have 3 sets of flats already cut out that I need to weld together for friends but I have been putting that off until I can find something better I can integrate into it
PXL_20231222_232322038.jpg

protip, if you stick some flat stock under the outside legs of the angle iron (or find unequal leg, or cut the inside legs shorter) you can get an acute angle inside the two pieces of angle
allows you to get a 90 out of it a little easier, what with springback and all

I think it is just that we look at the world a little different. It is stuck in a steel cage oh no I am going to have to walk out to the garage and use one of the dozen ways I have to cut it open in 5 minutes or less. Vs Joe Blow homeowner with the toolbox full of 1 small hammer, an Ikea allen wrench, and a butter knife who is going to see it as a real challenge.

I think it is just that we look at the world a little different. It is stuck in a steel cage oh no I am going to have to walk out to the garage and use one of the dozen ways I have to cut it open in 5 minutes or less. Vs Joe Blow homeowner with the toolbox full of 1 small hammer, an Ikea allen wrench, and a butter knife who is going to see it as a real challenge.
Before she died, my mom could've put that over a stainless salad bowl & shattered the bottle with the chintzy little hammer in her kitchen drawer (w/ 3 sizes of slotted screwdrivers nested in the brass handle). Doing battle with the steel cage is entirely optional for bragging rights :flipoff2:

protip, if you stick some flat stock under the outside legs of the angle iron (or find unequal leg, or cut the inside legs shorter) you can get an acute angle inside the two pieces of angle
allows you to get a 90 out of it a little easier, what with springback and all
"Protip:" don't weld the angle iron flat on the plate. Space the outer edges of the angle up a bit so you can over bend the work . If you look at the picture you can see the gap under the angle.

I don't get it either, BUT I could imagine having an alcoholic relative in recovery at which point it do the cage but it would be 1.5" solid bar stock on .75" plate and covered in gussets, and on his 3rd cutoff wheel he'd realize he's fucking up.
I have every imaginable way to cut something like that open but I could see myself holding it over a big funnel into a jug with a couple paper towels for filters and busting the bottle open with a chisel

I have every imaginable way to cut something like that open but I could see myself holding it over a big funnel into a jug with a couple paper towels for filters and busting the bottle open with a chisel
I could see me diamond micro-drilling 2 .030" holes into it & draining the fawker w/o busting the cap seal. If you're going to beat the game, leave the game designer flustered and confused :flipoff2:

I refuse to run someone else's rat maze - shatter that mofo or pull a seemingly Biblical miracle on dey ass :laughing:

I could see me diamond micro-drilling 2 .030" holes into it & draining the fawker w/o busting the cap seal. If you're going to beat the game, leave the game designer flustered and confused :flipoff2:

I refuse to run someone else's rat maze - shatter that mofo or pull a seemingly Biblical miracle on dey ass :laughing:

I'd just plop it on a shelf and leave it in there.... Not like I can't go buy my own alcohol.

Since we are showing Christmas torture devices. I present to you, the ultra annoying gift box 2.0. What you see here is the top layer or outer box components. There are a total of 5 layers to get thru. A total of 300 screws that must be removed before getting into the final box and obtaining the gift. For extra annoyingness, I also printed and used 5 different types of screws. Phillips head, flat head, a special two dot head, and 2 different sizes of Allen head screws (5mm and 6mm so it’s hard to visually tell they are different sizes)

The box contains the game card for Super Mario Wonder and a small printed sign saying “Disney Bound” and is for my 9 year old daughter.

IMG_9760.jpeg

Since we are showing Christmas torture devices. I present to you, the ultra annoying gift box 2.0. What you see here is the top layer or outer box components. There are a total of 5 layers to get thru. A total of 300 screws that must be removed before getting into the final box and obtaining the gift. For extra annoyingness, I also printed and used 5 different types of screws. Phillips head, flat head, a special two dot head, and 2 different sizes of Allen head screws (5mm and 6mm so it’s hard to visually tell they are different sizes)

The box contains the game card for Super Mario Wonder and a small printed sign saying “Disney Bound” and is for my 9 year old daughter.

IMG_9760.jpeg
That's awesome!!

IMG_9760.jpeg
I’m impressed. Takes forever to disassemble but how long to put together?

Would be tempted to use a hammer :flipoff2:
1703437334954.jpeg

Whipped up this quick High lift handle holder today. Need to buy a better velcro setup since this is just something I had laying around

Attachments

• 20231224_092135.jpg
    20231224_092135.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 24
  • 20231224_091851.jpg
    20231224_091851.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 24
  • 20231224_064310.jpg
    20231224_064310.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 24

IMG_9760.jpeg
You know she gets to pick your nursing home, right?

I’m impressed. Takes forever to disassemble but how long to put together?

Would be tempted to use a hammer :flipoff2:
1703437334954.jpeg
yeah it took a while to assemble too. I printed all the pieces and screws in about 7 hours across 4 printers. Took me easily an hour to put the whole thing together as each layer has ever more screws. I also tried really hard to mix the various screws up as much as possible to ensure each layer has multiples of each type of screw head. It’s gonna take her ages to get this thing open.

You know she gets to pick your nursing home, right?

lol. Hopefully she’s young enough that she will have forgotten about it by then. Besides, with the video game she wants and a week long trip to Disney world inside I’m sure she will find it well worth the effort to obtain.

Top Back Refresh