What's new

Random stuff you made.

That price doesn't sound bad to me, I don't know anywhere to find prices for the bigger stuff online. 20 hp seems small for 900 gpm to me.

I have a 15HP that'll do 800gpm. I was hoping for 1000 with the 20HP. Not a whole lot of lift. According to Google earth elevation change is only 12' or so from where the pump is to where it pumps to. Static water level is about 12' below ground level, and the pump itself is probably 40' deep max. So From where the pump is to where it pumps to is going to be probably a max of 50' of lift. The place I have been getting them from will sometimes trim the impeller of a larger pump to fit onto a smaller motor to get it under the max amperage draw for that HP motor and maximize flow.
So yeah, I should probably just bite the bullet and get a pump coming. Probably ought to wait until I after I sell some calves though because I just bought another big baler today and need to let the bank acct recoup some. :laughing: Old pump is still pushing around 600gpm right now. Will probably send it back to them to have them rebuild the pump end and check the motor when I swap the new one in and that way I'll have a good spare.

Submersible motors don't keep good out of water, but if someone knows what they are doing they could tune it up before dropping it back in.
Did not know that. Alrighty then! Maybe I'll just pull this one and have it rebuilt over the winter season then.

Why do they not keep? Just start corroding or something?

Did not know that. Alrighty then! Maybe I'll just pull this one and have it rebuilt over the winter season then.

Why do they not keep? Just start corroding or something?
They are water lubricated and filled with glycol solution from the factory. After being in the well in service for a while the seals go bad and water leaks in. Since the seals are bad the water leaks out when stored, so if you don't refill them before putting them back into service, you'll smoke the bearings. Since the motor is now full of water they will rust inside, that should also be cleaned out.

Mixing a new motor with a used pump or vis versa causes premature shaft spline wear because the spline wear no longer matches.

Added to the shop art.

IMG_4196.jpeg

They are water lubricated and filled with glycol solution from the factory. After being in the well in service for a while the seals go bad and water leaks in. Since the seals are bad the water leaks out when stored, so if you don't refill them before putting them back into service, you'll smoke the bearings. Since the motor is now full of water they will rust inside, that should also be cleaned out.

So what you're telling me is I need to get some PVC that the motor will fit in, cap and glue the end, and then put the motor in and submerge it in green antifreeze before capping the top off with a hoseclamped rubber cap? :laughing:

So what you're telling me is I need to get some PVC that the motor will fit in, cap and glue the end, and then put the motor in and submerge it in green antifreeze before capping the top off with a hoseclamped rubber cap? :laughing:
That should work, we use ice block, it's food grade.

Top Back Refresh