What's new

Random stuff you made.

I'm slow :homer:. I'd just go trial and error like you did tbh. Treefrog would be the guy to talk to about making some sort of parameter based solution, heck could even use the 4 link calculator haha. But that would still end up trial and error so I'm not sure there's anything better than what you're doin
I did a bunch of tutorials and I thought I had it dialed and maybe I did but with out anyway restrictions in the hinge motion maybe it was causing a problem I couldn't see.

It's far from ideal but it does work :homer:
I'm to the point in this project I just want it gone... I told him at one point I have enough time in this to buy a nice compact car :lmao:

I did a bunch of tutorials and I thought I had it dialed and maybe I did but with out anyway restrictions in the hinge motion maybe it was causing a problem I couldn't see.

It's far from ideal but it does work :homer:
I'm to the point in this project I just want it gone... I told him at one point I have enough time in this to buy a nice compact car :lmao:
It's a cool project, not sure it's gonna work with wind like he wants.

If there's electricity nearby, I think I would have opted instead to install a gas range glowbar instead (it would continuously relight the gas).

Anyway, about the hinges and angles, unless you know how to computer really good (I don't) the next best thing would be fucking around with mockups. Either cardboard, or plywood, etc.

With hindsight, it's easy to see that your hinges bind when lifting from the opposite side (the whole thing tries to pivot from the long linkage, forcing the short linkage the wrong way) and lifting from the middle makes the short linkage start out moving the correct way.

I think making the short linkage like shown in red would have made it work without the jack, might have to also make the long linkage look like shown in green.

Without mocking it up, I have no idea if it would have crashed into the base or not while being tilted. Just a gut guess.

What was your plan to hold it up if it had worked out without the jack?

1000013611.jpg

It's a cool project, not sure it's gonna work with wind like he wants.

If there's electricity nearby, I think I would have opted instead to install a gas range glowbar instead (it would continuously relight the gas).

Anyway, about the hinges and angles, unless you know how to computer really good (I don't) the next best thing would be fucking around with mockups. Either cardboard, or plywood, etc.

With hindsight, it's easy to see that your hinges bind when lifting from the opposite side (the whole thing tries to pivot from the long linkage, forcing the short linkage the wrong way) and lifting from the middle makes the short linkage start out moving the correct way.

I think making the short linkage like shown in red would have made it work without the jack, might have to also make the long linkage look like shown in green.

Without mocking it up, I have no idea if it would have crashed into the base or not while being tilted. Just a gut guess.

What was your plan to hold it up if it had worked out without the jack?

1000013611.jpg
It was only going to be used with a jack.
I really just wanted to see it work, but when it didn't simply pivot I kind of panicked.

I did cut a "ratchet" arm out to allow it to be manually lifted and lock at 2" intervals but that didn't work worth a fuck either...
I forgot about that until know :lmao:
A whole nother slot I cut and had to weld back up.

^ That's like the stuff I design in my head when my wife's telling me about makeup- "Hey, what if those kitchen cabinets could slide along a track driven by a ball-screw, then pass through a wooden iris in the wall and roll up against the garage ceiling? Compact canned soup storage!"

hq720.jpg

(stolen from the innernet. I did not make this.)

It was only going to be used with a jack.
I really just wanted to see it work, but when it didn't simply pivot I kind of panicked.

I did cut a "ratchet" arm out to allow it to be manually lifted and lock at 2" intervals but that didn't work worth a fuck either...
I forgot about that until know :lmao:
A whole nother slot I cut and had to weld back up.
I am not the guy, but someone on here should be able to figure it out with solid works. That is what the program does.

I am not the guy, but someone on here should be able to figure it out with solid works. That is what the program does.
I agree, I am curious though that if I should have started with popsicle sticks to define the parameters vs what I think should have worked.

Made some pinterest tables for kayaking and as gifts. Momma burned the decorations on. I would have gone with simple grape vines and no words, but they're not for me. They still need to get shot with shiny clearcoat.

Stab them in the sand...

P6173900.JPG

P6173902.JPG

P6173905.JPG
These things have been awesome for what we do (kayak to swimming hole, then feast and swim all day).

Only downside is they don't hold a beer can.

I fingered out a life-hack today. :laughing:

thumbnail_IMG_3526.jpg

Had to throw up a privacy fence around my hot tub. Tired of the neighbors and their fucking 8 million candlepower kitchen light staring at me and my company while we are trying to enjoy the out of doors.
:idea: put a fucking 8 million candlepower light on that fence, pointed at their kitchen window :laughing:

Can you imagine the look on their faces, flipping the light on and off and thinking you are the one flipping your light on and off in sync with theirs?

Then later at the fence you could act so confused and be like "I put a light sensor on it your light must be tripping it out"?

If you want one more level of passive-aggressive / plausible deniability, you could get a huge dressing mirror from Goodwill for like 5 bucks & put it on your new privacy fence. If they ask, tell 'em some far-East guru told you it would elevate the feng shui of your yard and help to balance your chi :laughing:

It's my daughter's 4th Birthday today, and I said I would bake her a cake.

For as long as she has known a her colors, she has declared that her favorite color is rainbow.

So I baked her a rainbow cake. Made it from scratch because all the box mixes are terrible.

On a related note. It really sucks for my kid that the gays have hijacked the rainbow. It is a pain in the ass to find rainbow shit that isn't politicized and all about being gay.

20240721_110556.jpg
IMG-20240721-WA0000.jpg
IMG-20240721-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20240721-WA0001.jpg
So what were the flavors?

Top Back Refresh