What's new

Random stuff you made.

Cheese and pepper stuffed, candied bacon wrapped, smoked meatloaf...

IMG_0034.jpeg
Breakfast meatloaf. Chunk of that, couple eggs, ohhhhhhh man.

. . . and a lamp I made my buddy out of broken Suzuki parts.
20191225_193229.jpg

ooh i really like the lamp shade idea. I've had a crank lamp for years and never found the right shade at goodwill

old oil filter cut apart?

You guys just reminded me I've had an unneeded screen from a Y-strainer in my office for almost 7 years

1717803442804.png

. . . taking it home today to use :beer: (or stash with all my "no, really, I have a use for that" crap :laughing:)

Man, I make meatloaf a lot...and it's never the same. I usually revolve around a mix of a couple pounds of beef and hot sausage, couple eggs, sautéed onions/peppers, bag of Lipton onion soup, couple cloves of garlic, can or two of chopped tomatoes, maybe can of green chiles, various seasonings, and a few cups of croutons soaked in milk...

You guys just reminded me I've had an unneeded screen from a Y-strainer in my office for almost 7 years

1717803442804.png

. . . taking it home today to use :beer: (or stash with all my "no, really, I have a use for that" crap :laughing:)
Annndddd . . . done
1717817866912.png

Found a victim lamp in the house :grinpimp:
Cut & straightened 2 lengths of 1/8" SS wire & rounded the ends on a belt grinder
1717817989517.png

Used a step drill to open 4 of the holes up to .125" & pop through the fine SS inner screen, tweaked 1 wire a tad, & crossed 'em
1717818182264.png

The wires are sproinged against each other hard enough that they don't move at all.

And fuck me if I can get a good photo of an LED lamp using a shitty phone camera :homer:
1717818256411.png

But you get the idea. It looks good in person & takes the glare away if you're sitting at that table.

I dig it, wife digs it, & it only cost a bit of free time plus shit already on hand.

Alaskan24 & budget76 - thanks for the inspiration :beer:

I made this heart out of a runner board off of my brother’s 90 k5 with a hacksaw. It was for my girlfriend on valentine's day 2010.
1000042428.jpg
1000042429.jpg

This is how I figured the shape out. First I drew three circles in an upside-down triangle orientation. Then I drew a line through the middle of two of the circles, then I drew a line perpendicular to that one in-between those circles and through the middle of the third. Next I drew two stright lines connecting the first two intersecting lines. That makes a heart shape.
1000042433.jpg

Man, I make meatloaf a lot...and it's never the same. I usually revolve around a mix of a couple pounds of beef and hot sausage, couple eggs, sautéed onions/peppers, bag of Lipton onion soup, couple cloves of garlic, can or two of chopped tomatoes, maybe can of green chiles, various seasonings, and a few cups of croutons soaked in milk...
I can make a good meatloaf. I basically wanna know the volume of cheese and vegetables per some amount of meatloaf.

This was the plan all along for the welding trailer, I cut the posts 5' long and it's damn tall... I'm gonna use it a little and see if it's too tall or what.

It sort of makes me nervous having no front stop, I might get some sort of bag or something to help lasso the front.

Anyway 24' long material looks awesome, I left the side rails low so it will be easy to load with a forklift.

1000013515.jpg

This was the plan all along for the welding trailer, I cut the posts 5' long and it's damn tall... I'm gonna use it a little and see if it's too tall or what.

It sort of makes me nervous having no front stop, I might get some sort of bag or something to help lasso the front.

Anyway 24' long material looks awesome, I left the side rails low so it will be easy to load with a forklift.

1000013515.jpg

Needs more triangulation. :flipoff2:

Where's the painted steel coming from? I've only see that from the building manufacturers. Never seen just stock sold painted except for foreign countries.

Needs more triangulation. :flipoff2:

Where's the painted steel coming from? I've only see that from the building manufacturers. Never seen just stock sold painted except for foreign countries.
Hencho In Mexico :flipoff2:

It's just building "red iron", very common here for non structural steel, gates, fence etc. however it is what is used in metal building construction. I don't think it is hydro tested but it's available in 20' x 24' lengths in many common sizes.

The 14ga 2x2 is $1.59/ft

if you made it shorter it'd be harder to duck under when you're up there wrestling things around on the deck
That was the logic, make it (hopefully) tall enough to not ventilate my skull all the time.

potential use for Panzer's hexagon offcuts that we all asked for and have sitting around now: feet for jack stands

probably annoying on concrete, but good for outside or deck style garages

1717775128241.png
Those look like Esco jack stands.
I have two sets and they are fairly stable/decent quality product.

Got them on a great sale a while back thanks to a Garage Journal forum.

Top Back Refresh