What's new

Random stuff you made.

I welded this articulated dump trailer for a friend. Thing works pretty good.

IMG_0759.jpeg
IMG_0760.jpeg

not nearly as impressive as most of the shit in this thread, but I'm showing off anyway :flipoff2:

we play euchre a lot in my family, but we ain't got the attention span to remember what's trump... I thought I would try my hand at wood carving, and came up with these. So I bought the cheapest set of carving knives bezos had to offer, hamfisted them and filled them with paint and cleared over it
the solid one was the first attempt
436685036_1167052660970111_8199595333066821875_n.jpg

441968289_3854933678165241_5741892959377376094_n.jpg

might make a couple more and list them on Etsy as "hand crafted by a genuine retard" or something :flipoff2:

1/2 the foam is sprayed in the box van. Going to need to trim it out so wall finishing can go in...

we'll see how long this lasts...:laughing: Should be ok as long as the kid doesnt ram it into something other than foam.

1716764098442.png

1716764109131.png
Nunns
AND
The kiddo:flipoff2:

Scrap aluminum, self tappers, and some Amazon acrylic paint that looked close enough to the same color as the house on the computer screen.

1000001213.jpg

Cut the self tappers flush on the back of course.

Wyze camera was on sale for Memorial Day. I even painted it to match. Didn't want a bright white camera against the beige.

1000001214.jpg

Photo makes it stand out a lot more and the house much more gray than reality. It's for sure not the same color as the house, but blends a lot more than bright white.

Yes I bought a 15' USB cord for it, and painted about 5' of it too. I put one of those 6 outlet covers on the ceiling outlet for the garage door opener and plugged it in there.

Now I can watch the domestic disputes next door from anywhere with cell service instead of having to peek through the fence slats. :flipoff2:

After building my "welding trailer" I realized this might be a target for theft and I've been blocking it under my carport with the truck.

I want to put it back outside next to my shop but I don't really want the generator sitting in the sun all day so decided I could build a enclosure pretty easily.

This is the "hood", a project I designed in OnShape and this was my first project where I imported the latch and hinge in to the model to design around. It seems like it was a success, but I won't really know until Wednesday...

1000013457.jpg

1000013458.jpg

1000013455.jpg

1000013456.jpg

CarterKraft, I've daydreamed about something similar every time I've removed the HF tarp and bungees from mine.

My B&S Neighbor Hater 8250 lives outside 24/7 cable locked to the back porch pergola's post... we don't entertain much. :laughing:

CarterKraft, I've daydreamed about something similar every time I've removed the HF tarp and bungees from mine.

My B&S Neighbor Hater 8250 lives outside 24/7 cable locked to the back porch pergola's post... we don't entertain much. :laughing:
If you are so inclined I bet a redneck version of this could be easily made with one of these

FloTool 11430 25" x 36" Large Drip Tray Amazon.com

1000013459.jpg

That's pretty cool. I have a cam from either a 1.3 or 1.6 sitting on the bench I was going to make into a lamp but never did. Might have to steal your lamp shade idea :smokin:

Finished up my trailer tongue lock.
It really needs a piece of pipe around the lock but I don't have any at the moment and I couldn't be bothered to make a similar piece from flat bar.

I think it's fine for what it is, keeping honest people honest...
1000013495.jpg

1000013496.jpg

Finished up my trailer tongue lock.
It really needs a piece of pipe around the lock but I don't have any at the moment and I couldn't be bothered to make a similar piece from flat bar.

I think it's fine for what it is, keeping honest people honest...

Have you tried a comb pick on that lock?

Couple of shot glasses I made when I was playing with a lathe and a lamp I made my buddy out of broken Suzuki parts.
20191225_193229.jpg
ooh i really like the lamp shade idea. I've had a crank lamp for years and never found the right shade at goodwill

old oil filter cut apart?

I always wonder what percentage of theft involves lockpicking. I suspect it's tiny, between sledgehammers, crowbars and grinders.
Most definitely tiny, but comb picks work amazing on those round style master van door locks...

Top Back Refresh