What's new

Project Siclone

The trick is getting red and black cartridges. .6" is too small. Need 1". Preferably with adhesive like marine heat shrink.
That's something I'd like to find. Red, black, and others with the sealant that I can print on. I have a Dymo, but they only offer printable heat shrink in non-sealing white.

Clear label wrapped on colored heat shrink.

Rotary attachment for your laser to "laser engrave" on the heat shrink (I realize it's a oxymoron but doesn't hurt to try first?

Meal prep for tomorrow.

1693611260191.png

I'm going to be upholstering the "horn" later tonight.

Driver's side rear window motor took a shit. I'm not replacing it tonight.

Well…

Got here Saturday morning and started getting it in front of people.

Decided to enter it into a couple of competition orgs.

The first is Bass Wars. I’ve never competed in Bass Wars so I asked what class I’d fit into.

“Leashed Wall” is what they said. “Leashed” messing you’re limited to 5,000 measured Watts. Go over and you’re DQd.

So pulled up, let them set up the microphone, and was ready to go.

I got some guys to help hold the doors closed and got ready.

You have 30 seconds to make your run.

I started the track on the phone(WiFi) and used the wireless bass knob to bring up sub level.

Ripped off a 147.74@15Hz on 1579 Watts.

The judge was like “at fucking 15Hz!?” 😂

“It sounded like a damn machine gun.” 😂

So then the word got around.

I entered it in another organization and did the same thing. I’m in a 25-48” class. Judge was like “fucking 15Hz?” 😂

So I’m 1st place in my classes. :homer:

Sunday is the 2nd day of competition.

What are they measuring for? DB over watts as a ratio or does the Hz also factor in :confused:
Where most going for high decibels are running higher hz and undoubtedly much higher wattage since it's a 5k watt class he just waltzed in and slapped his dick on the judges table and beat everyone by using 1/3 the power and 15hz mixed with a huge amount craftsmanship and proper design to fuck their girlfriends. :smokin:

Where most going for high decibels are running higher hz and undoubtedly much higher wattage since it's a 5k watt class he just waltzed in and slapped his dick on the judges table and beat everyone by using 1/3 the power and 15hz mixed with a huge amount craftsmanship and proper design to fuck their girlfriends. :smokin:
That sure sums it up :lmao:

:laughing:

Went this morning when it was cooler and re-ran the 5k walled class to see if I could score higher than 147.7 I got the day prior. It was hot and I was hoping the cooler, denser air would improve my score.

Ripped out a 148.5@15Hz on 1574 Watts.

Won both classes I fit into. :homer:
IMG_1180.jpeg

I gave out a TON of demos over the weekend. Everyone loved it. I spent a LOT of time explaining the enclosure and how it works and had to explain that while it’s not audibly loud like the other vehicles playing higher frequencies. It is loud in SPL measurements.

I also reminded people that it’s a SQ vehicle and I’m just turning the subs up on the SQ tune.

Didn’t see crispins. *kicks dirt

There’s more output in this thing. :smokin:

Video that one of the guys sent me from today. That's Cliff in the hat, and the guy in the red shirt is, Dave. He's the President of a club called Shut It Down Boys.

Dave was blown away. He didn't understand what he was looking at and how it works. He'd never seen anything like it.

Dave's face. :lmao:

Dave.png

Last edited:
:laughing:

Didn’t see crispins. *kicks dirt

There’s more output in this thing. :smokin:
Sorry, I did not realize that it was a holiday weekend.

This was the busiest weekend we have ever had.

I really wanted to see your vehicle and catch up with you.

I still do not understand how your "box" works are really wanted to hear it.

Car audio has been my longest running hobby I have had

Sorry, I did not realize that it was a holiday weekend.

This was the busiest weekend we have ever had.

I really wanted to see your vehicle and catch up with you.

I still do not understand how your "box" works are really wanted to hear it.

Car audio has been my longest running hobby I have had

I wondered about that.

Well…

I have to have access to the amp cabling so the "horn" has to be removable for cable access. It also has to be structurally strong to tie the amp wall and rear upper side walls with windows together.

This is a shot of the ribs I built Friday. I still need to go back and do more reinforcement, but this is the major portion of the fab work behind the "horn" panels in place. This is what the panels of the "horn" attach to.
1693838820535.png

Panels in place. Lots and lots of 8-32 machine screws.
1693838836747.png

I only had enough black suede to do the "horn" panels. I didn't have enough to do the sides as well. I'll have to order more and finish things up. The block off panels, more reinforcement, and some gaskets will round out the fab work in this area.
1693838853539.png

On the road at at 6am with no sleep. That 45" long "dome light" is peeking out here a bit. Without it on there's just a black abyss behind you. Very dark in there.
1693838867395.png

Was second place close? Or were you head and shoulders above everyone else?

What happens when you go and turn it up to 11? Or do you just use enough to win and not just absolutely destroy the rest?

Did some hatch closed testing a few minutes ago.

The reason for this is because I had the hatch closed on the way home and played some Hick Hop.

This is the track I was listening to. Has a great bass line. As I was listening I kept coming up on the bass knob and liked what I was hearing.

Then I started increasing sub level in the Director. I ended up with both the Director and bass knob at full tilt with the head unit at full tilt.

I knew the hatch was vibrating due to the shaking of the rear-view camera that's below the 3rd brake light, but it wasn't too unhappy.

1693867098950.png

1693866962905.png

1693867116858.png

1693867156782.png

1693867183494.png

I didn't go any lower than 20 because the hatch was extremely unhappy being played that low. :homer:

The headrest isn't the best metering location, but I wanted to know what I was getting on the way home. Once I get the B-pillar sealed up so air doesn't leak around the "enclosure" and I get the amp wall sealed up so air doesn't leak between front wave/back wave, all of the SPL scores will go up.

Just saw your framing picture! Do you have any idea how much weight you have added to the vehicle?

Just saw your framing picture! Do you have any idea how much weight you have added to the vehicle?

Subs are 95lbs each. That’s like a passenger.

Five sheets of MDF. Didn’t use it all.

A couple of 47” long 2x4s

Then there’s amps, the lithium (27lbs, I think), and the cap bank up front.

Sound treatment added a little weight as well. The MLV on the floor pan is 2lbs/sq ft

At one point I looked at the math and it’s like having it full of people with some luggage. When I’m done I plan to weigh it.

At this point I don’t want more projects to work on.

Too much stuff in life going on.
are you still working the other builds on the side? think the Audi was mostly done, but then there was a F150 and another build right? or did those get put on hold?

Top Back Refresh