What's new

Project Siclone

Have been working on this a bit.

Definitely going to Slammin’ and Jammin’ September 2nd in Newport, TN if there are any of you East guys that want to see it and BS.

I have been building the “horn” for this thing and I need to get the block-off panels built. Efficiency will go up from the last video with those in place. :smokin:

Expecting to see 156dB or so at 15Hz in this turd. :homer:
I'll come check it out.

i'd like to hear more about this horn.. i thought you meant somethin under the dash.. but is it something else?

i hope it has nothing to do with train horns the people with diesels have fallin in love with.. lol
7377FA95-D152-43EC-8112-3E5A72B44756.jpeg

i'd like to hear more about this horn.. i thought you meant somethin under the dash.. but is it something else?

i hope it has nothing to do with train horns the people with diesels have fallin in love with.. lol
So, you know you just outed yourself as completely full of shit about everything you've ever said about car stereos, "sorta" helping guys with systems, and "kinda" being a moderator for a stereo forum?

No. Of course you don't.

So, you know you just outed yourself as completely full of shit about everything you've ever said about car stereos, "sorta" helping guys with systems, and "kinda" being a moderator for a stereo forum?

No. Of course you don't.
i don't understand..

that forum went away about 17 years ago.. i really don't keep up with stuff like i used to..

however way back in th day people would place horns under the dash and said it sounded so great.. i actually had some horn tweeters that were located towards the rear in the early 90s.. (on either side of the back seats facing forward).. HOWEVER I bet tons of things have changed since then.. and I was humbly just asking for info or maybe a link.. there is nothing wrong with that

and the part about diesels with train horns was true, but i was referring to it jokingly

Choo choo, motherfucker. :laughing:

I ran Stevens horns in the Chevelle. Did well with it.

What I’m referring to as a “horn” in this application is the part of the build that’s above the subs that will direct things forward and improve the SPL score on the windshield/dash. It starts on the forward side of the amp rack and meets up at the forward section of the headliner.

This isn’t a folded horn.

Think of it as corner loading.

I’ve been using the term “horn” a lot. The quotes are intentional and for lack of a simpler description.

Same with “enclosure”. The enclosure is as simple as a folded baffle, but who’s going to understand that?
I understand what you are doing on this project and that its not the same as a folded or even a regular horn I was just curious if you had any thoughts on using them now that amplifier power is so cheap and there are more high power woofers on the market.

Slow progress, but this turd will be done by Friday.

I keep using “horn” in quotes whether I’m typing or talking about this part of the build. People get me calling this horn-loaded conflated with designing a horn.

I’ve said from the beginning that I’m not designing/building a horn, but simply horn loading the subs. It’s the same effect you get with a hatchback. Very basic. Don’t overthink it.

So, if you take issue with me call it horn-loaded, think of it as corner loaded.

Of course I’ve also had people argue that this build isn’t infinite baffle and is instead ported. 😂

“Horn” fabrication is coming along. This will not only completely hide all cabling for the amplifiers, it will also be removable for access to the cabling and still structurally tie the amp wall and side walls (with windows in this photo) together.

This will also make the vehicle more efficient. Previously I did 140dB testing and it was most efficient with 140.1dB at 15Hz on 192 Watts. I fully expect the power requirement to hit 140dB to drop from previous testing across the board.

I will be at the show in Newport, TN on the 2nd with this thing.

IMG_1110.jpeg

Whatever you call it, that stupid blue thing is going to suck all the sound of the air. Dumb move, it'll never work :shaking:

Friday to be "done" is going to be sweet :smokin: . Are you going with shag or smooth cover for the finish on the wood?

Yeah, that moving blanket is there because I had to upholster the baffle and load subs before the rest went in.

Black suede will cover everything. Big surprise, right? :laughing:

Tonight’s stopping point.

“Horn” progress. This has to be built to be solid since it ties the side walls with windows in them and the amp wall together and it has to be removable for access to cabling on the back of the amp wall.

There are two removable lower sections that attach to reinforcement ribs on the amp wall.

IMG_1164.jpeg

The upper “horn” section blends into the headliner and will be removable.
1693538274513.png

No cabling will be seen other than power cabling below the amp wall/IB opening.
IMG_1163.jpeg

Last edited:
i wouldn't hire you, your shrink tubing isn't consistent lengths. what kind of amateur installer are you? :flipoff2::flipoff2:
1693576785745.png

awesome work man. said it before but that's the stuff that gets you the high end business that'll keep your demand up

I plan on getting the logo printed onto heat shrink and redoing them all. Wasn't a big priority to make them perfect at the time and I still haven't had them made.

I've also been looking for a heat shrink printer.

I plan on getting the logo printed onto heat shrink and redoing them all. Wasn't a big priority to make them perfect at the time and I still haven't had them made.

I've also been looking for a heat shrink printer.
Dymo Rhino 6000.
We have one at work and it will print on heat shrink, prints from the machine, or from a computer

The manual says that it will let you import images to print, but we haven't used that feature.

Edit, looks like you need a XTL to print images (used the XTL500 setting to make this):
1693586818338.png

Aaron Z

Last edited:
I'm sorry, you do awesome work but that first amp rack still drives me crazy....

Dymo Rhino 6000.
We have one at work and it will print on heat shrink, prints from the machine, or from a computer

The manual says that it will let you import images to print, but we haven't used that feature.

Edit, looks like you need a XTL to print images (used the XTL500 setting to make this):
1693586818338.png

Aaron Z

Looking for something that will do 0AWG on both red and black.

I'm sorry, you do awesome work but that first amp rack still drives me crazy....

Me too. When I get more 1/2" acrylic I'll replace it.

Top Back Refresh