What's new

Post a picture of where you are right now.

Finally got to see Fort Bragg

20240927_153507.jpg
20240927_151854.jpg

It’s like 4” of concrete and 3 blocks tall. This time was 650lbs of chicken. We start at 5 and finish by 8. It’s all cooked at once.
That's awesome! Are those blocks loose to take it down after the party?

What kind of hillbilly hangout is this?
I feel bad for y'all. BBQ chicken happens almost ever weekend around here. Normally it’s a volunteer thing, most churches and fire departments do it to raise money. There are probably 15 pits like this in a 5 mile radius. Hopefully we will sell out by noon.

I bet it smells amazing though.
Yes, yes it does.

That's awesome! Are those blocks loose to take it down after the party?
No, they are loose though. It’s something to do with expansion.

I feel bad for y'all. BBQ chicken happens almost ever weekend around here. Normally it’s a volunteer thing, most churches and fire departments do it to raise money. There are probably 15 pits like this in a 5 mile radius. Hopefully we will sell out by noon.

Same where I grew up. Most have metal lids and expanded metal grates.

Turning 3 year old oak tree scraps into firewood for this winter with the wife:

1727557769088.png

I'm bucking from the left pile to the center, and she's splitting from that pile into the garden trailer.
She was down to tag-team it, wanted to learn to run the splitter, and she's doing great! :beer:

We got 1/2 cord bucked, split & stacked in an IBC tote cage on the other end of the yard, then cleaned up our bark debris & got it in the mulch / green waste pile. Taking a break now until the sun fucks off from this part of the yard.

About 2 more cords of that old oak to process to empty the rack it's on, then we can split the new-ish walnut logs under that silver tarp onto that rack to dry for a season or so.
1727558899692.png

Maybe this should've been in the "useless things about your day" thread, but it's where I am right now - fuckin' around in the yard :laughing:

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh