What's new

Post a picture of where you are right now.

Spending my morning at a Hyundai dealership getting a couple of recalls done on my wife's an ient 2011 Tucson. Sitting here trying to figure out how they are just now figuring out that a 13 year old car has recalls 🤣. We've been pretty satisfied with our 2 Hyundai vehicles, but reading the horror stories on the newer stuff, we will likely go with another brand when it's time to buy a new car.

Attachments

• PXL_20240629_125505285.jpg
    PXL_20240629_125505285.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 3
  • PXL_20240629_125527277.jpg
    PXL_20240629_125527277.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 3
Was in Nashville and visited an old friend of mine I haven’t seen in ten years. He is… a very interesting individual to say the least :laughing: heart of gold a loyal to friends and family tho. :smokin:

We had dinner at a local marina restaurant and there’s a guy who operates a mobile tiki bar on the water :lmao:

IMG_4961.jpeg
IMG_4959.jpeg

Spending my morning at a Hyundai dealership getting a couple of recalls done on my wife's an ient 2011 Tucson. Sitting here trying to figure out how they are just now figuring out that a 13 year old car has recalls 🤣. We've been pretty satisfied with our 2 Hyundai vehicles, but reading the horror stories on the newer stuff, we will likely go with another brand when it's time to buy a new car.
I heard an announcement from ford a recall on there 2014 F-150’s where the transmission will drop into first gear no matter what other gear range you are in or how fast you’re driving. A bad speed sensor is the cause. I guess it depends on the safety factor on how far back they’ll go?!?

I heard an announcement from ford a recall on there 2014 F-150’s where the transmission will drop into first gear no matter what other gear range you are in or how fast you’re driving. A bad speed sensor is the cause. I guess it depends on the safety factor on how far back they’ll go?!?
When did this become a recall? Friends truck had this happening and brought it in like a week before it was out of the 10yr powertrain warranty but they couldn't get it in until after and the dealership told him they wouldnt do it under warranty. Another friend searched google and found it was a faulty vss and swapped it out for him.

I had that generation of f150. This recall has been a known issue for years. So much so, that the molded lead frame, that houses the speed sensor ( the faulty part) has been on national back order. My old f150 never dropped all the way to first, but it used to drop to 3rd quite a bit. I was getting ready to repair it myself when I just decided to get rid of it. Pretty amazing that after 10 years of problems, Ford is finally putting out a recall

I had that generation of f150. This recall has been a known issue for years. So much so, that the molded lead frame, that houses the speed sensor ( the faulty part) has been on national back order. My old f150 never dropped all the way to first, but it used to drop to 3rd quite a bit. I was getting ready to repair it myself when I just decided to get rid of it. Pretty amazing that after 10 years of problems, Ford is finally putting out a recall
My 2013 had the lead frame start failing November of 2020. It would of been covered by the TSB at the time, but all the dealers were 6-8 weeks out do to covid. I couldn't wait that long so found the newer revision of the lead frame online, ordered it and did it my self. There is a Ford tech on YouTube that has a real indepth video on doing it. Followed it step by step and have been good since, knock on wood!

Also bought a fluid extractor to help with the job. Have used it multiple times since for other projects. Handy tool to have.

All good now.

I could see the smoke and hear a ton or ammo going off, so I jumped in the Polaris to go see what it was. It was a house fire at my neighbors, and fully engulfed. His property was well maintained and it didn’t look like it was going to spread to the wildland.

I get back home and calm my wife down and let her know it’s all good.

Maybe 30 minutes later, I all the sudden heard a very loud roar. Walk out of my garage and see a wall of fire going up the hill in the treetops. It was going away from me.

They got a handle on it now and it’s just hand crews and dozers.

Video is when it first started and he sound of ammo cooking off.

The red circle is our house and the yellow is the house that burnt down.

IMG_0295.jpeg
IMG_0294.jpeg

All good now.

I could see the smoke and hear a ton or ammo going off, so I jumped in the Polaris to go see what it was. It was a house fire at my neighbors, and fully engulfed. His property was well maintained and it didn’t look like it was going to spread to the wildland.

I get back home and calm my wife down and let her know it’s all good.

Maybe 30 minutes later, I all the sudden heard a very loud roar. Walk out of my garage and see a wall of fire going up the hill in the treetops. It was going away from me.

They got a handle on it now and it’s just hand crews and dozers.

Video is when it first started and he sound of ammo cooking off.

The red circle is our house and the yellow is the house that burnt down.

IMG_0295.jpeg
IMG_0294.jpeg
WOW that’s pretty scary. I hope your neighbor is ok. Really sucks to see people lose their homes and everything they own in forest fires like this every year.

Do they know what started it?

WOW that’s pretty scary. I hope your neighbor is ok. Really sucks to see people lose their homes and everything they own in forest fires like this every year.

Do they know what started it?
Yeah, the family got out in time. I guess they did have an electrical contractor working there a couple days ago, no idea if that was the cause or not.

Top Back Refresh