What's new

Post a picture of where you are right now.

So how would you do it? Dump them all in a small drawerr and root through them? Been there…. I have the room. I still have old toolboxes for the mismatched tools.

You’ll really hate my socket drawers.
If the drawer is deep enough you put the wrenches in racks but the drawer has to be pretty deep.

If the drawer is deep enough you put the wrenches in racks but the drawer has to be pretty deep.
I have racks… I don’t like them and they don’t save any room. There are too many random sets of different lengths here to make them work. Probably be fine if you just had a couple sets.

I have racks… I don’t like them and they don’t save any room. There are too many random sets of different lengths here to make them work. Probably be fine if you just had a couple sets.
You need to throw away those pos HF hand held wrench racks as they are useless as fawk. You need to hunt down and buy wrench rack individual strips. These you can angle any way you need for your specific wrenches. They have the slots close together allowing a lot of wrenches to be stored in less space.

The old strips I have have double faced tape on them but on the newer ones I bought on eBay do not and I have them just setting in the drawer with the wrench weight holding them in there.

The other thing I do is throw away the crappy drawer mats they always have for tool boxes. Who ever sells that crap should have an eyeball poked. Measure out all your drawers. Go to a hardware store or buy on line a roll of black vinyl ribbed floor mat. Cut the pieces out for your drawers and use it as a liner. Never replace it again. I still have the first stuff I used in my big snap on box from 1990.

Anyway, that’s all I can add for now

IMG_9508.jpeg

^^^^ this
Why waste a deep drawer? You can afford a few extra drawers when you don’t spend $8000 on a snap-on cab.

I actually have grab and go snap-on racks for most of the snap on sets. They’re laying under my workbench I think. Been there for 20 years.

Why waste a deep drawer? You can afford a few extra drawers when you don’t spend $8000 on a snap-on cab.

I actually have grab and go snap-on racks for most of the snap on sets. They’re laying under my workbench I think. Been there for 20 years.
I don’t like my wrenches laying loose like you have them if I can avoid it. Having them in a close loop rack allows for more storage in a smaller area plus allows me to see instantly if one is missing when cleaning up.

BTW, I never paid $8k for any of my KRL-1001 boxes. Bought only on of the three new back in 90 and it was under $4k with a butcher block top.

But hey, you do you

Don't you worry none, grandma's fixin' to launch that cart in that direction as soon as she gets done unloading her groceries.
Grandma's probably thinking she's gonna wait for Geezer McGee that owns it to come out and ask for a ride

I sat there for 10 mins hopeing for something like that to happen:laughing:
Didja leave a nasty note on the windshield of the old car? Didja at least wait around and give the driver the ole evil eyeball dirty stair look?

Cutting up steel to make a mobile cart for this heavy ass pig powermatic bandsaw. This 6x4 heavy angle steel for the casters is all that my evolution saw can tackle. Left a tiny bit to debur. First cuts for the saw. Using a saw for a saw:laughing:
IMG_4367.jpeg
IMG_4366.jpeg
IMG_4365.jpeg

I don’t like my wrenches laying loose like you have them if I can avoid it. Having them in a close loop rack allows for more storage in a smaller area plus allows me to see instantly if one is missing when cleaning up.

Quoted for truth. When all your wrenches are just flying around loose in a drawer, you'll never know you left one under the hood until the next time you need it. The racks aren't about saving room, they're about organization.

IMG_20200626_181435650.jpg

Quoted for truth. When all your wrenches are just flying around loose in a drawer, you'll never know you left one under the hood until the next time you need it. The racks aren't about saving room, they're about organization.

IMG_20200626_181435650.jpg
Yep makes a difference, to me anyway.

This is one of my drawers for my most used wrenches. I have other wrenches in the other box next to this one but not as organized. I’ve got other basic wrenches in my third box in my other shop which are on racks. Not counting my to go wrenches too which are in the bottom of a freakin heavy carry box I move around with a dolly.

Back to work…

IMG_4368.jpeg

get summathat coiled wire spring looking hydraulic hose armor
then pack your wrenches into the drawer tight on that shit to hold them up when you take out a few
my wrench drawer is HEAVY

johnny, why you waste a wide drawer on wrenches?
that's the one you should be using for stuff like prybars and big ratchets and the slide hammer's long rod of wham

Very true.

I figured out a while back that if I need to lock my shit up. I need to find another place to be.

Top Back Refresh