What's new

Post a picture of where you are right now.

Yeeeeah, I’d box up my stuff and walk away from a gig if this was posted up front. But you do you.

IMG_4362.jpeg

We laughed about it, but I'm not turning down over $35k worth of annual - and repeating - work because of a sign in some random person's yard. I've done plenty of killer guitar solos for artists whose political views don't align with mine, and their money spends just the same. Likewise with the town and event coordinator, the homeowners here weren't the ones paying us.

Yep makes a difference, to me anyway.

This is one of my drawers for my most used wrenches. I have other wrenches in the other box next to this one but not as organized. I’ve got other basic wrenches in my third box in my other shop which are on racks. Not counting my to go wrenches too which are in the bottom of a freakin heavy carry box I move around with a dolly.

Back to work…

IMG_4368.jpeg

When it comes to wrenches I went a different route with my setup. Go to stuff is on a magnet mount.
SAE on the left - Metric on the right.
Capri xtra long zero offset a recent addition.

Remaining wrenches are all in a plastic tool box and come out as needed.

Adjustables stay in a tool bag, not something used often in my case. Milwaukee smooth jaw and Knipex Cobras give them a good run for the money.

Attachments

• 20240510_230607.jpg
    20240510_230607.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 2
Putting the miles in after work.

1000005144.jpg
Oh, here’s a photo I came across the other day of my 66. Installed a wide eye Baja kit on it.

The ole early 80’s mobile home days. :laughing:

That’s a 1970 GTO judge ram air 4 with 45k miles on it. Original block was cracked by original owner leaving water in it. It was a pretty rare car and it was my brothers. I should’ve bought it from him but me and sheet metal don’t get along.

That was a fun place tho, I had 70 acres of woods behind it to ride on everyday after work.

IMG_8293.jpeg

Nope, it’s a swing axle transaxle. The wheels suspension goes in an arc. Its almost bottomed out now tho
I actually do pack the bearings since they do stay 100% starved lol. Common practice on slammed swingaxles, but bearings on this car are consumables. 10 mins or less job.

No. I didn't have it installed, I broke it because the fitting was covered in concrete that I was removing. It's time to turn the sprinklers on and I dug it back up to fix it, breaking it off at the next fitting :homer:.
Don’t they use flexible black plastic tubing for law sprinklers?

I actually do pack the bearings since they do stay 100% starved lol. Common practice on slammed swingaxles, but bearings on this car are consumables. 10 mins or less job.
Cut that swing axle torsion assembly out of there and weld in an IRS torsion housing assembly. You can slam it and it’ll handle way more better.

Or change out the whole pan with a newer one.

This is my first beetle of many. It was a 57 oval window body on a 66 pan with a 68 1500 in it. I was 15 then.

IMG_8295.jpeg

Thin wall pvc is what they used on these houses.
I don’t have any experience with it but seen a lot of it installed when I used to sell skid steer loader equipment going to job sites in subdivisions. They used one of those case maxi sneaker vibratory plow machines to burry the plastic tubing. It came on a spool. I think they use other equipment now like a toro stand on track machine type equipment.

Top Back Refresh