What's new

Post a picture of where you are right now.

This made me chuckle. My camera wouldn’t pick up the text, but this light board in the rich neighborhood in Folsom said:
FJB
LGB

Edit: I guess this is ElDorado Hills, not Folsom…
IMG_9294.jpeg
IMG_9295.jpeg

Last edited:
How do you change the wording on them things? Secret IT hacking? Arse, tell me .gov wench.
Most of them are controlled by a little panel inside the lock box that's usually not locked. The default password is "DOTS"

If it's not still the default password, hold down control and shift and type DIPY and it will reset it to "DOTS"...

I expect funny pictures to come out of this.

What is it? First guess is water filtration system but would Dollar General really spend that much on a system like that?

Water Filtration, not their choice, they have a water fountain and serve the public so they fall under Department of Environmental Protection and their water has to spec. This water didn't.

We do a couple of them every year and this isn't even close to the largest system I put in for them. I'm putting in one almost twice as large in the next 2 months.

I think it's stupid but the pay is good. If it was me, I'd remove the water fountains but DG want's all their stores to conform to each other and the city's have water fountains.

If it was me, I'd remove the water fountains but DG want's all their stores to conform to each other and the city's have water fountains.

Uniform Building and Plumbing Codes dictate the need for drinking fountains

Water Filtration, not their choice, they have a water fountain and serve the public so they fall under Department of Environmental Protection and their water has to spec. This water didn't.

We do a couple of them every year and this isn't even close to the largest system I put in for them. I'm putting in one almost twice as large in the next 2 months.

I think it's stupid but the pay is good. If it was me, I'd remove the water fountains but DG want's all their stores to conform to each other and the city's have water fountains.

Is it city water or on a well? All stainless fittings?

Finally decided to take a peek inside my old 50’s vintage Sebastian lathe gear box. I bought it 7~8 years ago and it works ok but I haven’t used it much at all. I’m working on moving it up to its new location in my basement shop once I make room for it up there.

Standing there looking at it I thought, wtf, let’s peek inside.

Looks like in great shape very little wear and the gear oil looks great too.

A poster I have on the wall above my lathe. :smokin:

IMG_4244.jpeg

IMG_4245.jpeg

I think a bunch of us have that same picture/poster. The one I glued to my parents garage wall 30yrs ago was in black & white.

I believe 45acp has one in his shop too.

:smokin:
I got a couple old posters from the late 80’s early 90’s from my old Mac tool guy I still have. I framed them up and put them in my fab shop.

IMG_4247.jpeg
IMG_4248.jpeg

Is it city water or on a well? All stainless fittings?

Well, high in Iron, Manganese and Coli positive.

I always use stainless, pvc and cpvc suck and brass and copper are sub par since covid. Stainless just stands up much better in our climate and water conditions.

Well, high in Iron, Manganese and Coli positive.

I always use stainless, pvc and cpvc suck and brass and copper are sub par since covid. Stainless just stands up much better in our climate and water conditions.

WTF happened to brass anyway? cHiNa crap. :mad3:

Finally decided to take a peek inside my old 50’s vintage Sebastian lathe gear box. I bought it 7~8 years ago and it works ok but I haven’t used it much at all. I’m working on moving it up to its new location in my basement shop once I make room for it up there.

Standing there looking at it I thought, wtf, let’s peek inside.

Looks like in great shape very little wear and the gear oil looks great too.

A poster I have on the wall above my lathe. :smokin:

IMG_4244.jpeg
herringbone gears are cool
I've been halfass looking for an old sidney all herringbone lathe for a while
but really I'd settle for any gear head that's convenient enough to drag home

Skipped outta work a lil early. Went up to my spot an shot guns till almost dark

I needed that! Was pleased to not see anybody else on my mountain:smokin:

did see one set of tire tracks though:shaking:

20240507_181227.jpg

20240507_193342.jpg

Looks like good times!

Most of them are controlled by a little panel inside the lock box that's usually not locked. The default password is "DOTS"

If it's not still the default password, hold down control and shift and type DIPY and it will reset it to "DOTS"...

I expect funny pictures to come out of this.
:stirthepot:

Skipped outta work a lil early. Went up to my spot an shot guns till almost dark

I needed that! Was pleased to not see anybody else on my mountain:smokin:

did see one set of tire tracks though:shaking:
Lets see your grouping. :flipoff2:

Is there anything special about the dragster pic other than being cool?

Is there anything special about the dragster pic other than being cool?

It's a 60s dragster doing a burnout and a wheelie at the same time, how can you not love that picture! The only cars that do that now a days are Chargers driven by Vin Diesel in fast and furious movies. :lmao:

It's a 60s dragster doing a burnout and a wheelie at the same time, how can you not love that picture! The only cars that do that now a days are Chargers driven by Vin Diesel in fast and furious movies. :lmao:
Didnt know if it was famous or something. It is impressive!

Pics are posted in the 22 shoot thread. You should venture outside of CC more often:flipoff2:
Where the fuck is that? :laughing::homer:

Top Back Refresh