What's new

Pinky

Just went to the first page and looked at the rendering. Goodyear logo on the tires. Check. Beadlocks. Check.

Didn't realize I was in line with Grendel. Not sure what that says about me.

The rending doesn't have the correct hub placement. They are wider which will drive high backspacing wheels. I can't get the front wheel to tuck that far in under the fender. Rear are pretty close to where they'll end up just more backspacing needed on the wheels.
Thing is, you don't need 13" wide tires in front. 10" will do it.

Originally, I looked for a wheel that was close to the B24 wheels. I wanted that military look. Then I found that Rhino wouldn't make wheels in the Vette bolt pattern.

I still think it needs very old school looking rims.

I don't think 17" will clear the brakes. They're Z51 set ups, if you want to google it.

And yeah, we're very much on the same page. It's the only reason I sold it to you.

I'd keep the bombs, but my wife hated them too. If I get them back from you, I want to them on my G506.

It does need the brushed finish and shark mouth graphics.

Thing is, you don't need 13" wide tires in front. 10" will do it.

Originally, I looked for a wheel that was close to the B24 wheels. I wanted that military look. Then I found that Rhino wouldn't make wheels in the Vette bolt pattern.

I still think it needs very old school looking rims.

I don't think 17" will clear the brakes. They're Z51 set ups, if you want to google it.

And yeah, we're very much on the same page. It's the only reason I sold it to you.

I'd keep the bombs, but my wife hated them too. If I get them back from you, I want to them on my G506.

It does need the brushed finish and shark mouth graphics.

Got any input on wheels?

I threw a set of 18's from my wife's car on and they have plenty of clearance to the caliper. 17's may fit but it would be tight. Need to get a 17" wheel to test out.

I do not have time to do the brushed finish. I don't have time to do what I'm doing on it. I moved it into my garage so I can work on it during endless meetings I have to be in but don't have anything to add so I can at least make some sort of progress.

Can we get some pics?

Sure. What do you want? It's almost exactly the same as when I got it from Grendel. Bombs are still on it, seats are the same, wheels/tires are the same minus spacers.

It's getting loaded on the trailer Sunday and I can get good pics then.

Gas caps show up Friday. I may get them installed Saturday.

Went with this one. Wife approved (she ordered them).

1712775912773.png

Sure. What do you want? It's almost exactly the same as when I got it from Grendel. Bombs are still on it, seats are the same, wheels/tires are the same minus spacers.

It's getting loaded on the trailer Sunday and I can get good pics then.

Uh, current pics. We will look at what you show us.

Send me the bombs back, please.

Come pick the up:flipoff2:

I don't think they're going to be easy to ship. I can get them to Pittsburg in a month or so but don't have a place to store them when they get there. It may be worth setting up a shipment through fastenal. I have a skid I can toss them on.

Come pick the up:flipoff2:

I don't think they're going to be easy to ship. I can get them to Pittsburg in a month or so but don't have a place to store them when they get there. It may be worth setting up a shipment through fastenal. I have a skid I can toss them on.
I'll cover UPS shipping. That's how I got them from Texas.

LT1YJ, If you get them to pittsburg then i will drive out to get them. Grendel, I can either hold them until someone else can carry them on or if you can wait, I can get them to Holyoke Mass and have them held in my Jobs warehouse until you can sprint down and get them.

I just need like 2 weeks notice so i can put a pto day in.

LT1YJ, If you get them to pittsburg then i will drive out to get them. Grendel, I can either hold them until someone else can carry them on or if you can wait, I can get them to Holyoke Mass and have them held in my Jobs warehouse until you can sprint down and get them.

I just need like 2 weeks notice so i can put a pto day in.

Thanks for the offer. I think we're just going to ship them.

I was concerned they would have some residual fuel smell and would be difficult to ship. The sniff test confirmed they haven't had fuel in a long time. I'm going to lop the legs off and get them boxed up in the next couple of weeks.

As far as the rims and bolt pattern, is there enough meat to redrill the hubs and rotors to the pattern that matches the wheels you want?

As far as the rims and bolt pattern, is there enough meat to redrill the hubs and rotors to the pattern that matches the wheels you want?
It's a Corvette pattern, I don't suggest re-drilling them.

Can change the unit bearings and rotor hats.

But there's a lot of Corvette wheels out there, that have the look.

The hard part is finding something that "looks" right. Especially when I don't know what "right" is.

Typically I would agree, but for most people, something like this isn't gonna see 20K miles a year and will likely never wear out any of that stuff...so I'd be willing to make an exception.

The hard part is finding something that "looks" right. Especially when I don't know what "right" is.

I like both of those. But....I think they need to have more outer rim flange to make them look right which pushes them out from the body. I actually tried an early 70's Vette 15" ralley, which is kinda like the top one but it just didn't push the right buttons.

I want a 32 roadster or vicky with the bottom wheels some day.

When it comes back from the tuner we're taking it to a local hot rod shop that has a bunch of different wheels to test out.

I like both of those. But....I think they need to have more outer rim flange to make them look right which pushes them out from the body. I actually tried an early 70's Vette 15" ralley, which is kinda like the top one but it just didn't push the right buttons.

I want a 32 roadster or vicky with the bottom wheels some day.

When it comes back from the tuner we're taking it to a local hot rod shop that has a bunch of different wheels to test out.
You can get them with any offset/lip you want.

Those are just samples I liked.

I have the top ones in 17" for my '67 BelAir because I had a set of the stock rallys on it in 1996 for a short time.

Top Back Refresh