What's new

Pinky

There were two 4-6yo girls pulling a radio flyer with a puppy in it. I gave them all the ducks from both Jeeps. The two guys on either side donate their ducks also. Kids probably took home 60+ ducks.

I hate to admit this out loud but I ducked a Jeep. I cleared the ducks off a couple times and decided to drop them on a 69 commando. One of the few Jeeps at the event I’d like to own.

Took my wife out for her first ride in Pinky. Just in the neighborhood so nothing crazy. I put around 5 miles on it with the fuel caps cracked and it is running much better. Still rich at idle but it no longer goes lean at higher RPM's.

One annoying issue is the lag in the pedal. It feels like it takes forever to start to rev up and then when getting off the pedal it seems like it takes forever to slow down again. Not sure if it's the pedal or the tune but definitely needs work.

It needs an alignment and the shocks dialed in. Definitely has a wander over 25. It feels like it's high RF and LR and low LF and RR. Kinda teeter tottery.

I lost a bolt and bushing holding the rear diff in. It now makes a resounding clunk going into gear. I have a pile of misc bushings at my shop, just need to dig through and find one that works.

No more rides in Pinky until the throttle pedal lag is fixed and the diff is bolted in securely, and......

Here's a pic of Cupcake on the obstacle course. It was the unofficial community rig. The course wasn't difficult, but it was fun seeing people that haven't wheeled very much have a ball. Can't tell in this pic but they had huge smiles on their faces at the end.

cupcake.jpg

Just because. Here's my favorite pic of Cupcake in Idaho last year. Drove out fine. Nearly every scratch in the paint in the above pic came in this canyon.

385039195_336084142123108_8032989671174731150_n (1).jpg

They had to disconnect the gauges to tune.

I have plates for it.

Yes, the old caps were vented.

They had to disconnect the gauges to tune.

I have plates for it.

Yes, the old caps were vented.

I'll check the connection. It was supposed to be reconnected when I picked it up.

Plates? As in registration?

I'll check the connection. It was supposed to be reconnected when I picked it up.

Plates? As in registration?
They worked before.

Plates, as in registration.

They worked before.

Plates, as in registration.

Awesome. If you can toss them in the mail with a bill of sale I can get it registered. Hagerty came in at 60% of State Farm so Hagerty is getting my business. I have 6 vehicles insured with State Farm.

Got the bushing for the diff out of my parts stash. I need to pull the tank to put the bolt back in and will get the vent line installed at the same time. I haven't had time to look at the gage connection yet. Forgot my allen wrenches at my shop.

Just got Pinky back from the Dyno shop. The pedal lag is gone and it now runs and shifts great. Much more drivable.

The numbers are a little disappointing because they couldn't keep the tires from slipping on the drums. Even cranking the straps down. The tires are just too hard from 14 yrs of use.

Anyway, 533hp and 516ft-lb on 91 octane. Keep in mind this was not tuned for peak horsepower numbers. I had it tuned for drivability. Peak would be 600+ on 93 octane without slipping tires. I'm good with it.

I have to put Pinky back in storage now. I hired a contractor last year to build my dream shop and a storage building so I can consolidate to one property. The buildings didn't pass inspection and I'm red flagged until they do so I need to focus all my time and money on getting them done before the snow flies.

This is probably going to get expensive. First time I've ever hired a lawyer and DAMN are they expensive.

Can't wait for the Bombs. Getting ready for that project (The G506), done sometime in the 2030's :flipoff2:

Yep, makes you think you should've done something else for a career.
Lawyers don't make as much as you would think.

Median lawyer salary is only 135k. Many other ways to get to that salary without incurring the Law school debt or the lost years of income/investing.
Screenshot_20240716-084430.png

A pilot would be easy more fun than lawyering for the same $
Screenshot_20240716-093403.png

I know how much y'all hate them (and how useless most are) but just getting an MBA might be a better move. AVG salary of 137+k with a lower cost of entry.

Screenshot_20240716-085634.png

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh