What's new

Official Watches of Chit-Chat Thread!

I don't wear a watch daily, but as I carry my phone less and less I find myself wearing a watch more.
I have a Citizen Eco that was my first purchase to build credit when I was 18, and now this Fossil smartwatch thing that I got for a one year gift from work.
We'll I'll be damned, day after I posted this my 25 yo citizen eco stopped ticking.
Good run on the original battery I suppose. Not sure if it's worth replacing or not:confused:

20230615_210532.jpg

Hamilton has been putting in work this year. Still wipes clean :smokin:

Have had a couple times where I'll wake up and it's lost an hour or so :confused: I'm not gentle with things, probably should get it serviced well ahead of the 10 year suggestion.

IMG_2225.jpeg

Momentum. Actually putting the rest of the watch collection up for sale soon. This one works fine, I hate smart watches, and can’t afford Rolexes.

Was issued this Chronosport UDT in the 80's while in the Navy, just had it restored recently.
DSCF1434_2.JPG

I just had my Chronosport UDT rebuilt too, my first one was issued to me in the Navy. It was stolen by some fucking asshole, this is the second version that the Navy got next.

KIMG0111.JPG

This is my Breitling we had commissioned for the first USAF Heritage Flight team, this is one of 50.

KIMG0109.JPG

Last edited:
20231023_084353.jpg

Hamilton pioneer navy, still holding up and happy with it. Started to wear out the leather band and picked up a cheap silicone blue/black as it was what I could find when the need hit.

Loses a minute or two a week now, but it's been through the mud sleet and snow, lots of oil and wrenching and dirt. Cleans right the hell back up :smokin:

Bought this cheapo watch circa 2010, still marching on original battery.

Lotsa road miles/usage on it.

Have a Bulova dress watch, that one has a dead battery to boot. Time to sell it, don't think it was used for the past 5 years or so.

Attachments

• 20231023_101945.jpg
    20231023_101945.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
Was issued this Chronosport UDT in the 80's while in the Navy, just had it restored recently.
DSCF1434_2.JPG

I just had my Chronosport UDT rebuilt too, my first one was issued to me in the Navy. It was stolen by some fucking asshole, this is the second version that the Navy got next.

KIMG0111.JPG

This is my Bristling we had commissioned for the first USAF Heritage Flight team, this is one of 50.

KIMG0109.JPG
I knew I liked this place for a reason, I have a UTD1 I got as a gift when I did my NAUI advanced open water circa 1982. missing a pusher cap and the board is cooked but I hope to get the board repaired someday.
1698113060894.jpeg
1698113060894.jpeg

I have a Garmin instinct (original one) and like it. However, I'd like a nice mechanical. But then would I ever wear it since I like seeing my HR?

The Garmin MARQ2 would fit the bill :homer:
But holy shit is that expensive

I have a Garmin instinct (original one) and like it. However, I'd like a nice mechanical. But then would I ever wear it since I like seeing my HR?

The Garmin MARQ2 would fit the bill :homer:
But holy shit is that expensive
I did a small fitbit on my other wrist for a couple weeks for the heart rate stuff, worked well amd left the watch to do watch stuff.

Times makes a good watch but I wanted something a few steps up. Plus I like the history of Hamilton. I bought it used off of someone on another forum.
Im currently wearing the timex I posted, I found it by pure chance and had no idea Field Watches were a thing. I have a Tag I'm going to sell and the Hamilton moved up into a potential replacement as i really like the simplicity look of the field watches.

Last edited:
Im currently wearing the timex I posted, I found it by pure chance and had no idea Field Watches were a thing. I have a Tag I'm going to sell and the Hamilton moved up into a potential replacement as i really like the simplicity lool of the field watches.

Got a picture of the TAG?

I wore a Timex Expedition digital from the time I was in elementary all the way through my mid 20s. I then started to carry a phone and gradually quit wearing a watch.

I did get a Seiko SRPE19 Cocktail Time (not an original Japanese market one, unfortunately) a couple years ago and now wear it when doing corporate meetings, going on dates, formal events, etc.

It does have a very faint light blue dial face and the second hand is dark blue. My photo doesn't really pick up either, but it is a gorgeous watch in person. Turns out taking quality watch photos is hard, haha. I have included a Seiko stock photo that picks both up much better.

I may get a leather band for it is well. Sometimes I feel the stainless band is a bit much. Or maybe I just need to buy another watch and add to my collection.

20231024_084519.jpg

SRPE19J1.png

I’ve got some watches I don’t wear anymore and should probably sell. I can post pics in this thread if anyone is interested.

Sinn, Junghans, and a couple Seikos.

I’ve got some watches I don’t wear anymore and should probably sell. I can post pics in this thread if anyone is interested.

I might be interested, depending on what they are.

I might be interested, post some pics.

I might be interested, depending on what they are.

-Sinn 104 st sa rs (limited edition of 200) exhibition case back
IMG_9534.jpeg

-Junghans chronoscope (quartz)
IMG_9536.jpeg

-Seiko skx013
IMG_9537.jpeg

I bought the Junghans and Sinn from an AD and have the full box & papers. The Junghans is basically brand new with about 5 hours of wrist time.

I also have a Seiko Flightmaster (black dial, brand new bracelet) but I think it’s in my rv so I didn’t get a picture of that one.

I might be interested, post some pics.

Top Back Refresh