What's new

New X3 is in!

Good to see they finally decided to put the radius rods in double shear from the factory instead of having to buy an aftermarket bracket.
Too bad the rods are still 0.000090 or some shit. They bend just looking at them wrong.

My buddy is going through all the shit parts they put in these things right now. He went out once in a nice used x3, then ended up putting like $2k in suspension and brake parts on it because of bent arms and some ignorance on the previous owner.

2nd trip out he's bottoming out because the chicom coils they use are sagged out. :laughing:

They're badass rigs, but it's hard to want to go drop $35k and need to dump $10k into them right away if you want to do more than cruise dirt roads.

Too bad the rods are still 0.000090 or some shit. They bend just looking at them wrong.

My buddy is going through all the shit parts they put in these things right now. He went out once in a nice used x3, then ended up putting like $2k in suspension and brake parts on it because of bent arms and some ignorance on the previous owner.

2nd trip out he's bottoming out because the chicom coils they use are sagged out. :laughing:

They're badass rigs, but it's hard to want to go drop $35k and need to dump $10k into them right away if you want to do more than cruise dirt roads.
did you forget where you are? lol

we spend 1000s of dollars on vehicles to drive over rocks..

the group i ride with is mostly the start at 35k and start adding on after that.

im not willing to drop that type of money. a real solid machine for less is a 64" model, they have pretty decent stack a arms, so with front end kit and radius rods, and a cage or maybe at least some stiffening, you have a solid ride that keep up with the high dollar machines.

i went slightly used and 64" just to keep the spending down. above the basic listed above- i got a killer deal on HCR arms so i run those (probably would have just gone with ct lowers otherwise), a steering rack brace, tuner to put my turbo r around rr hp numbers. i also wasn't going to lay down the money some do for tires, i run liberty's and ss360's in the sand and i'm sticking with 30" tall. i'm really happy with it.

i've got way less money into mine than a buddy has off the showroom floor with a popo turbo S, and in the riding we do he cant touch me, and i'm admittedly not the driver he is. He's also selling his, he put money down on a new x3

Best money I spent on mine as far as comfort was the PRP XC seats and true dual rate springs with crossovers.

did you forget where you are? lol

we spend 1000s of dollars on vehicles to drive over rocks..

Yes, but we're trying to do things waaay beyond what a 94 grand Cherokee or whatever was designed to do.

Some of the sxs's just seem to break/bend/wear out so easily doing exactly what they are advertised to do.

When I first heard the 4 seat pro r was 2600 lbs vs a 4 seat x3 at 2k lbs I was thinking that it was a heavy pos. Then the next video it was laughing off the same hits that beefed up x3s were getting folded up on, it makes sense. Plus you get other parts that are sized correctly vs carry overs from when they had 80 hp and 25" tires.

Anyway, I'll leave it alone. I sold my stupid SxS and got a pos samurai, I'm more than happy with that switch :laughing::flipoff2:

So my friend stopped and grabbed from the dealer for me today. He is going to setup the suspension to the fox tune and drop it in my barn tomorrow!

Made it home today.
20220223_162749.jpg

Last edited:
Stellar looking rig! Congrats on the purchase! I eye'd these when I was shopping for a SxS but decided to stay with the Mav Sport XXC just because I don't have anywhere to push the X3s to their full potential and everyone else in my group are still on ATVs. Looking forward to seeing some more pictures and videos of this thing out and about.

those NXT LVL arms are awesome. i dont like the look of their 64" arms tho. if i go to a 72" i think i'll be getting those.

i know shock going to the lower arm is ideal. but i'm not sure i fully understand why, i assume its mostly because the shock will travel more linear than top arm mounted. is that all there is to it? maybe benefit to keeping the forces in that arm not acting on the knuckle so much, maybe both?

maybe i'm way off. i dunno

Cool.

The fox tune is way overplayed. It’s no race tune, slightly better than stock but man it makes it tippy

So my friend stopped and grabbed from the dealer for me today. He is going to setup the suspension to the fox tune and drop it in my barn tomorrow!

Made it home today.
20220223_162749.jpg

When you're ready to step up your shock game over that Fox tune give George White at Double E Racing a call. That man does amazing things with SxS shocks and is the personal shock builder/tuner for the Miller Boys and the S3 guys if that says anything. :smokin:

those NXT LVL arms are awesome. i dont like the look of their 64" arms tho. if i go to a 72" i think i'll be getting those.

i know shock going to the lower arm is ideal. but i'm not sure i fully understand why, i assume its mostly because the shock will travel more linear than top arm mounted. is that all there is to it? maybe benefit to keeping the forces in that arm not acting on the knuckle so much, maybe both?

maybe i'm way off. i dunno
I don't think you can just change the arms with that setup. The shock acting on the lower arm with a stock spindle assembly would be trying to rip the lower ball joints apart on compression opposite of what the uppers try to do in the same instance. I bet you need a pair of bling billet double shear spindles to go along with those arms and probably longer shocks as well. I don't see how moving the stock shock to the lower arm wouldn't result in lowering the machine substantially and creating more uptravel that the bottom of the car would allow given the new front ride height.

I bet it takes 4-5k to "install" those arms on a stock X3.

I don't think you can just change the arms with that setup. The shock acting on the lower arm with a stock spindle assembly would be trying to rip the lower ball joints apart on compression opposite of what the uppers try to do in the same instance. I bet you need a pair of bling billet double shear spindles to go along with those arms and probably longer shocks as well. I don't see how moving the stock shock to the lower arm wouldn't result in lowering the machine substantially and creating more uptravel that the bottom of the car would allow given the new front ride height.

I bet it takes 4-5k to "install" those arms on a stock X3.

direct from the description linked above;

The Teixeira Tech NXT LVL Suspension Kit for the Can Am Maverick X3 is a direct bolt on kit that is stock wheelbase and width for the 72” platform. If you are looking for the best handling a-arm kit on the market that offers the absolute most clearance and can handle anything you throw at it, look no further. By moving the shock mount to the lower a-arm, we have drastically changed the progression curve of your suspension motion ratio. Simply put, you can now have softest most plush ride while still maintaining your bottoming resistance for that big air. In effect, you get better handling and gain more traction all around.

i would think benefit is more than just the the progression curve of your suspension motion ratio. that they mention

direct from the description linked above;

The Teixeira Tech NXT LVL Suspension Kit for the Can Am Maverick X3 is a direct bolt on kit that is stock wheelbase and width for the 72” platform. If you are looking for the best handling a-arm kit on the market that offers the absolute most clearance and can handle anything you throw at it, look no further. By moving the shock mount to the lower a-arm, we have drastically changed the progression curve of your suspension motion ratio. Simply put, you can now have softest most plush ride while still maintaining your bottoming resistance for that big air. In effect, you get better handling and gain more traction all around.

i would think benefit is more than just the the progression curve of your suspension motion ratio. that they mention
How does it not try to pull the lower ball joint apart if it's just a bolt on deal, makes zero sense if you really think about it. Even if they replaced the ball joint with a stud and heim its still loading the stock spindle the wrong way.

I've seen exactly 2 cars at the track with those arms on it and both were on the Miller Brothers cars. I race with alot of people with alot more money than I have with the best of everything and nobody is running those. Any pictures of a stock X3 with those arms on it floating around the internet?

tracyb

Take a real close look at the picture I posted right around the tie rod area. I bet your factory spindles are not double shear...... No way those arms are "bolt in."

the stupid, single shear can am stuff is in the front suspension mounting and the radius rods at the fame also middle radius rod at the hub

tracyb

Found a good picture of those arms and spindle and his doesn't look like yours, everything is double shear. I race with this dude at Texplex so I guess I'll be able to say I've seen exactly 3 cars now with that setup after the season opener next week.

260461952_7121804347833459_1816996194839133648_n.jpg

looks like a complete aftermarket hub. for the dbl shear to a-arm mounts.

factory hubs do have the double sheer for the steering tie rod. but i'm not sure how those arms would mount to factory hub. it almost looks to me like when using the factory hub they eliminate the ball joint and bolt it. looks like there is some sort of joint built into the arm?

wish they had more info on their site. whatever the case, seems they work with factory, a buddy just showed up and im trying to talk him into buying a set right now, haha. he just picked up a 72" rs model

double sheer knuckle aint cheap

double sheer knuckle aint cheap

No doubt, the ones for the Honda Talon R (4) come in at $8995 and the 77" suspension kit that goes along with those is $8495...... :eek:

I almost can't afford to even look at the pictures of those parts. Together they cost almost $1500 more than I paid for my machine OTD.

the packout storage on the rear deck is handy, one of the other guys i ride with has a couple cases he carries for trail ride and always comes in handy.

btw, looking to sell the full set of HCR arms for a 64". never installed, powder coated black.... if i can get $1500 for the HCR arms, i'm going to got to 72" wide with those NXT LVL arms from above. hopefully i find a buyer, i really want to try those arms out

link to the arms i'm getting rid of;

Top Back Refresh