What's new

New X3 is in!

Arps

Member Number
Loc
NE Indiana
Got the call the other day that she was in!
IMG_20220211_170038_147.jpg

They got it put together last night.
X3.jpg

Does it have all the parts? Most seem to be missing dash components

yup, its complete. I have a ton of parts at home to install too! I ordered it in September and have been buying stuff here and there for it.

First step will be the fox tune and tree kickers.

Attachments

• spare parts.jpg
    spare parts.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 23
Nice!

Are you planning on doing a better rollcage on it? The factory cages aren't terribly confidence inspiring considering how fast these things are.

Im not sure yet. The 22 cage is supposed to be thicker and with more gussets, well see.

My 2020 held up good to a 40mph roll on pavement. haha

Nice!

Are you planning on doing a better rollcage on it? The factory cages aren't terribly confidence inspiring considering how fast these things are.

i really haven't seen cage failures on the x3 like is well documented on the other carts. and if you look at them side by side its easy to see why.

my first cart was a polaris, had a couple of real low speed rolls and one at probably 20mph. that last one pushed the whole cage at least 1-1/2" out of whack. almost any impact on their cage has allot of leverage on it

i'm running an x3 now (lightyears ahead of the rzr/xp platform in everyway) its been rolled alot more than i'd like to admit. was a running joke the trips not over till i roll over... every time has been 20+mph. zero cage issues. the last time i rolled it i was coming down a snow covered, paved mountain rd. i was going at least 45mph (road has a 15mph speed limit, but it was closed and we where raceing for best time bottom to top and back again) i did 1 and 3/4 rolls landing on drivers side scrapping down the road another 20ft.
after all that the cage is still square and for the most part fine. the one side is real scraped up from slidding and the other side has a good dent in it thou, so i will be building a new, heavier one for it.

all that to say the x3 cages are thin, but structurally pretty good in my eyes and experience.

and btw this is all 2seater, 4seats are dumb. those long bastards will obviously fold up allot easier than a 2seat.

first thing i would do to a new x3 is put some HCR a arms on it. i also hear good things about the CT arms but no experience. i ride allot with 2 other x3's and you should see the pile of a arms gone thru! i was the last one to convert to x3 so thankfully i knew it which to get. the first to get an x3 went thru 5 of the Superatv garbage arms in tube and boxed style, the superatv tube crap wadded up in a way it would also take out the shock! luckily just the shaft both times but still eff that. to be fair i hear the polaris guys really like what superatv puts out, but its not good on the x3's.

after a arms then its radious rods, i just build those for all our rigs. no reason to spend stupid money on shit thats easy to make.

one last thing, i have the lowest mile cart of my group at 1800mi, the guy that runs the hardest and had his the longest is almost at 5000mi... my rzr didn't make it to 1400mi before it poked a 3" hole in the side of trans, i was so mad at the pos i bought the x3 the very next day.
i'm pretty happy with the can am, does everything better and i'm no longer just trying to keep up.

Hmmmm.......

There isn't a single SxS on the planet that comes with an adequate roll cage stock for how fast they are.

Trusting your life with any stock SxS ROPS is :homer:

I was thinking of that exact same roll as I was reading above.

Maybe the x3 holds up better in side to side rolls, but if you watch that video, it's a fairly light endo to the side. Basically destroyed the whole rig.

The a pillar angle of the x3 is inherently weak.

The Polaris are retarded because the base of the a pillars are too close together. Makes total sense that a flop can push them over.

was just saying it seems to be the best of the stock cages. and the over all design leads to a safer passenger compartment. the a piler folded but that should also be more of a give point then the b piler, look at other stock cage failures and the b piler is always trashed.

obviously anyhting aftermarket is better.

on other carts the a anb b piler are low putting the driver higher and less safe. the way the b piler mount comes up high in an x3 is far safer than the polaris rzr for ex. its weird driving them side by side how different the the driver placement is.

A buddy has a 2020 X3 RC. the big 72" 195hp version. that thing is a monster.. he drug it thru the CT Raceworks shop and a bunch of stuff stuck. lol

he's got their cage, arms, radius rods, bulkhead... the list is longer than I can think of.

It is quality made stuff. :smokin:

Got the call the other day that she was in!
IMG_20220211_170038_147.jpg

They got it put together last night.
X3.jpg

Thats one unboxing video I'd actually watch. I want to know how they packed it into that little space lol

Can't wait to see some videos....

Good to see they finally decided to put the radius rods in double shear from the factory instead of having to buy an aftermarket bracket.

Did the dealer try to price gouge you on it. I talked to a guy that bought one and a dealer was trying to add 10k to the price claiming it had a luxury package on it. It was stone stock, the dealer had some bullshit dealer markup on it.

Hmmmm.......

IMG_20190922_105420.jpg

IMG_20190922_105846.jpg

IMG_20190922_105858.jpg

There isn't a single SxS on the planet that comes with an adequate roll cage stock for how fast they are.

Trusting your life with any stock SxS ROPS is :homer:
While it "failed" I'm not mad at it.
I would love if it was unscathed but that's not practical for mass production and mass usage.

While it "failed" I'm not mad at it.
I would love if it was unscathed but that's not practical for mass production and mass usage.
But the option to upgrade the cage to prevent that, even if you can't do it yourself is readily available and there are multiple options from mild to wild. When people go out and drop 30k on a new machine and then load it up with another 5k in accessories and complain cages are "expensive" need to have their stock "roof holders" come down into their laps just one time before they see the light.

Before my Talon was even off the showroom floor and turning it into a racecar wasn't even a thought in my mind, I had plans to put a real cage on it so I could trail ride with the confidence of knowing that if shit goes south my wife and I are well protected.
My wife wouldn't ride with me in the new RZR when I bought it until I put a cage in it. Not that my driving is that bad. She has a friend that laid their 08 RZR 800 over on it side in a mudhole and it tweaked the stock cage.. Didn't hurt anyone but since then wife DGAF how much $. put a cage on it. lol

But the option to upgrade the cage to prevent that, even if you can't do it yourself is readily available and there are multiple options from mild to wild. When people go out and drop 30k on a new machine and then load it up with another 5k in accessories and complain cages are "expensive" need to have their stock "roof holders" come down into their laps just one time before they see the light.
I can agree with this for sure.
I suppose since I have the ability I should build a cage for the wife's.
I really want to keep the weight low, maybe Chromo? or just keep it thin walled DOM with excellent engineering?

Did the dealer try to price gouge you on it. I talked to a guy that bought one and a dealer was trying to add 10k to the price claiming it had a luxury package on it. It was stone stock, the dealer had some bullshit dealer markup on it.
Im friends with the dealer, so I got it quite a bit under MSRP.

I can agree with this for sure.
I suppose since I have the ability I should build a cage for the wife's.
I really want to keep the weight low, maybe Chromo? or just keep it thin walled DOM with excellent engineering?
.095 DOM for the main structure and some triangulation with thinner tubing will be more than adequate.

My cage is a mix of .095, .083 and .065 DOM. It's been crash tested and came out of it unscathed.

Hes a great guy, its a small operation and I was super patient knowing dang well he wasnt making much money off me I wasnt going to rush him.

Hes a great guy, its a small operation and I was super patient knowing dang well he wasnt making much money off me I wasnt going to rush him.
That's the best way, let him take his time, and swap out every few years and you both win.

Top Back Refresh