What's new

Musk and Twitter

Oh look, two billionaire owned media companies shitting on another billionaire for trying to do exactly what Bloomberg and Bezos do. :shaking:

Cut Twitter's workforce by 75% - I'm guessing mostly the censors and "fact-checkers" :beer:
How many people does it really take? Their only notable upgrade was several years ago when they increased the numbers of characters allowed. It’s like the craigslist of social media.

How many people does it really take? Their only notable upgrade was several years ago when they increased the numbers of characters allowed. It’s like the craigslist of social media.
BUT THEY HAVE AN EDIT BUTTON NOW!!!!!!1!!11!!!!!one

Seriously, I don't even understand buying the company when everything about it can be replicated by a skilled programmer over a weekend. Yeah, you want the userbase, but you could likely take the userbase the same way every other internet fad has, just make the product considerably better and the users will move. Not like too many people still use their Myspace accounts. :homer:

1666319094017.png

So he is going to buy it and run it out of business and claim it as a tax write off for the next 10 years just like trump. Awesome. Excellent plan. Way to think two steps ahead.

So he is going to buy it and run it out of business and claim it as a tax write off for the next 10 years just like trump. Awesome. Excellent plan. Way to think two steps ahead.

I think he was being truthful with is vision of making X, the everything app. I don't know how I feel about that concept, but apparently there's something similar in China that's very successful. I think the sheer user base is as important, if not more important to him than the rest of the structure that is Twitter. It's not that he couldn't do better, it's that starting with a huge user base speeds the process up by years

Now, besides Twitter being super bloated, I can't help but think there's some spite going on with all of this too haha

Will be installing he is definitely a mad lad and I wish him the best in his endeavors.

I think it's amusing he's announced TSLA is going to buy back a bunch of shares.

I suspect it will coincide with him dumping shares to fund this shitshow. End result is basically no gain for the stockholder, but he manages to sell shares without taking a massive hit as he does it.

:smokin:
Wouldn't the stock holder just increase their stake to capitalize on the buy back?

I have a Twitter account for following one person, Elon musk. I get 1 to 3 new “followers” a day and it’s all bot’s. All fake accounts. Twitter tried to tell Wlin in the beginning less than 7% fake accounts, Elon figured at least 20%. Newest figure is possibly 80% of all accounts are fake/bot.

Wouldn't the stock holder just increase their stake to capitalize on the buy back?
The point of how I'm speculating Musk will do it means no. He's going to effectively sell his shares to TSLA. The end result is that every other share is theoretically worth a bit more as there is less shares outstanding, but with slowing growth, market softening, potential Eurozone factory shutdowns, and questionable investments in China*, that really doesn't matter. The intelligent investor would like to see a massive buyback of common outstanding shares that are being regularly traded, so there is a pop in valuation, so they can get the fuck out, and likewise they don't want to see Musk sell shares at all.

That said, I'm only speculating. He may dump shares and push the stock price down. In which case then the buyback will push it back up, assuming there isn't enough massively bad news to stop it from having an effect.

*He's sucking the CCP dick by saying Taiwan should rejoin China and have their own special administrative region, the same as Hong Kong did, and anyone with a mostly functioning brain can see how that went for HK as the whole document for that process and guaranteed them the right to their own 'system' is considered to be a "historic document of no current legal or political significance" :lmao:. However, this so far is working to prevent the factories from being "seized" via the process of fines, or outright restricting the sales of cars until the operation isn't viable. HK has had great improvements in free speech since The Party has gone full scale with crackdowns, so obviously that's why such a free speech absolutist would welcome the CCP taking control of Taiwan.

The left is imploding over this. But they fail to see they are just wrong about pretty much everything. Example:
1666384984795.png

He knows there are employees do not like him and will probably do things to harm twitter. Knowing a bit about backend IT structure and nothing about what else twitter does 7500 employees is a bit much for a company that does not make a profit.

On the flip side some of the people leaving could hold "the keys to the castle" and cause enormous chaos on the way out.

Either way if twitter does survive it should be a leaner better run company.

He knows there are employees do not like him and will probably do things to harm twitter. Knowing a bit about backend IT structure and nothing about what else twitter does 7500 employees is a bit much for a company that does not make a profit.

On the flip side some of the people leaving could hold "the keys to the castle" and cause enormous chaos on the way out.

Either way if twitter does survive it should be a leaner better run company.
I wonder how many of those employees were the bot masters to self inflate their own user base?

I wonder how many of those employees were the bot masters to self inflate their own user base?

You know I've been wondering a lot about that as well. Considering how poorly they were tracking bots (or tracking and not sharing), what's to stop them from generating those accounts internally, or "advising" an external company that produced bot accounts in volume. Considering their business model is directly impacted by the size of their user base...there's way too much potential for unrestricted corruption

Is it possible for Musk to sue the Twitter board after the deal closes if he finds out that most of the user base is in fact comprised of bots, or is that not possible after the deal closes?

You know I've been wondering a lot about that as well. Considering how poorly they were tracking bots (or tracking and not sharing), what's to stop them from generating those accounts internally, or "advising" an external company that produced bot accounts in volume. Considering their business model is directly impacted by the size of their user base...there's way too much potential for unrestricted corruption
Facebook did that. Might still be. Tinder is part of Facebook, if you have a Facebook account you have a Tinder account even if you have never logged into it. There wasn’t enough women signing on to keep all the dudes swiping. So FB started rolling out thousands of fake accounts. It was super obvious but even when everyone knew they were making new fake accounts

Top Back Refresh