What's new

Musk and Twitter

Someone dumped a bunch of Twitter today:
1650406398993.png

Volume was between 100,000 and 200,000 right before this.

The next minute was another 1.2m shares and then it tapered off over the next 1/2 hour to more "normal" levels. Then you see another 1m dumped about 15 mins before closing.

1650406398993.png

The next minute was another 1.2m shares and then it tapered off over the next 1/2 hour to more "normal" levels. Then you see another 1m dumped about 15 mins before closing.
Jack?

1650406398993.png

What software is that?

I use a CFP/CFA right now but want to get smart on the common tools and metrics folks use.

What software is that?

I use a CFP/CFA right now but want to get smart on the common tools and metrics folks use.
Think Or Swim with a TD Ameritrade account.

It has a bunch of "bells and whistles" that I have no clue how to use as well. Basic candle charts and volume indicators I can understand. I've played with Bollinger Bands and VWAP lines, but I'm not exactly sure how they're really "supposed" to be used.

Think Or Swim with a TD Ameritrade account.

It has a bunch of "bells and whistles" that I have no clue how to use as well. Basic candle charts and volume indicators I can understand. I've played with Bollinger Bands and VWAP lines, but I'm not exactly sure how they're really "supposed" to be used.

Thanks, I missed the cool kids chat group when I was young.

Elon upped his offer another 3.5 bil...

Musk is now offering $46.5 billion, which is a $3.5 billion increase over his previous offer.

In a securities filing, Mr. Musk also said that given the lack of a response from Twitter’s board, he is now exploring a tender offer to acquire shares of Twitter directly from shareholders.

Musk’s filing indicates that he is prepared to negotiate directly with Twitter’s board: “The Reporting Person is seeking to negotiate a definitive agreement for the acquisition of Twitter by the Reporting Person and is prepared to begin such negotiations immediately,” the filing says. With financing now lined up, Twitter’s board will likely need to seriously evaluate the offer.

Musk’s takeover effort (which appears to be codenamed “Project X,” according to the filing is being financed by two debt commitment letters led by Morgan Stanley and backed by other institutions, as well as an equity commitment letter, in total raising about $46.5 billion.

So it appears that Musk has kinda painted the Twatter board into a corner. He offers over market price for the stock and if they don't accept they lose their jobs since they are beholden to the shareholders? But when they do accept there is a very good chance that Musk will change it to free speech and they can't stand the thought of losing their echo chamber. And possibly shit can all of the board members as well.

Is that about the gist of it?

in my strictly amateur point of view - yes

But also - it appears Musk has spoken to a number of his wealthy buddies to throw in with him, and back him financially. Seems like he has found enough who think he is on the right track. This also means he will not have to use (as much of) his TSLA stock as collateral. TSLA up this morning.

Now, are these wealthy investors in it for long term, or are they hoping to see a significant pop in TWTR price and sell off? I don't know, but I know a couple folks who have been investors with Musk before, and they committed long term.

I don't know shit about him other than what I have read here but he seems like a cool dude.. Dude is filthy fucking rich and gives 0 fucks. I love that he trolls the shit out of the Left.

I don't know shit about him other than what I have read here but he seems like a cool dude.. Dude is filthy fucking rich and gives 0 fucks. I love that he trolls the shit out of the Left.
Dude got a mclaren F1 and noone would insure him. so he drove it, and flat spun it off a freeway and kept going. In a 15+ million dollar car. Elon is the coolest human on earth, currently.

Last edited:
I hope this goes through and I hope he means what he says. If it does, I will probably join just to up his numbers. (Never been on Twitter in my life and have no interest)

I haven't ever had a twitter account... maybe I will finally get one and see how much freedom of speech they have now. :laughing:

I haven't ever had a twitter account... maybe I will finally get one and see how much freedom of speech they have now. :laughing:
My twitter account was permanently banned, I appealed, and they stood by their decision.

My "crime" according to them was that I appeared to not be a real person, but a "'bot' spewing right-wing propaganda." I didn't know 'bots' were so advanced as to articulate thoughts the way I do.

My twitter account was permanently banned, I appealed, and they stood by their decision.

My "crime" according to them was that I appeared to not be a real person, but a "'bot' spewing right-wing propaganda." I didn't know 'bots' were so advanced as to articulate thoughts the way I do.
We are reviewing your account here... we'll get back to you.

:flipoff2:

Dude got a mclaren F1 and noone would insure him. so he drove it, and flat spun it off a freeway and kept going. In a 15+ million dollar car. Elon is the coolest human on earth, currently.

I respect the shit out of him, and he's always both enlightening and entertaining to listen to. He's our modern day genius/mad scientist, along the lines of Howard Hughes or the character Tony Stark.

People keep saying he's Dr Evil, and going to take over the globe. I say fuck it, the other fools had their shot and look at the shit show we've got now. Seriously thought my kids wouldn't be learning to "duck and cover" from nukes at this point in history.

Honestly I dig the guy. When people ask him questions, even sometimes stupid questions, he gives real answers. 90% of people just say what they think people want to hear, or spout a bunch of BS.

But is he better or worse than the Nancy and joe super villain team? :lmao:
Definitely better. Nancy and joe are completely inept or have lost amy semblance of trying to do it correctly.
For all we know Elon is building a real life ironman suit and we will only find out when he decides what he wants to do with it. This dude thinks outside the box. Nancy and company haven’t fugued out they are stuck in a box…

I am entertained by him for sure.

People keep saying he's Dr Evil, and going to take over the globe. I say fuck it, the other fools had their shot and look at the shit show we've got now. Seriously thought my kids wouldn't be learning to "duck and cover" from nukes at this point in history.

Honestly I dig the guy. When people ask him questions, even sometimes stupid questions, he gives real answers. 90% of people just say what they think people want to hear, or spout a bunch of BS.
was contemplating this on the drive back from an errand.

If Musk takes over the tweetersphere, and if he lets "band" people come back... the entire "let's build a conservative/free speech alternative" movement... could potentially tank.

Rumble, Gab, etc... Many will lose the subscribers/viewers BACK to twitter thinking the alternatives are no longer needed.

So if that happens, Musk may become the arbiter of free speech. How will he use that power?

Take a picture write it down- Splib

Elon Fan Boi :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Trump Nut Sack Swinger - Next swallow for the nay sayers

I love my Pug

Oh, and Chyna is not invading Taiwan any time soon .. .. .

Top Back Refresh