What's new

Musk and Twitter

I think he will come up with a better way to moderate it than how it has been. Hopefully we'll see. I'm sure all the cry baby snowflakes are saying they will move on. :lmao:

I am really surprised the take over is being allowed to happen. Its been clear for a while now that Twitter was being controlled by intelligence agencies to prevent any type of populist (left or right) to develop globally. Shit, the price of Saudi Arabia sits on the board of twitter and uses that power to make sure no critics of the king and/or the yemeni genocide are allowed to post or have an account.

So i will be watching with baited breath to see where this all goes. I will even get my first twitter account.

The thing is if they block it they personally open themselves up to lawsuits by all stock owners. It would cost them hundreds of millions in litigation and billions in a settlement. Then because they are in a pending lawsuit they could get assets frozen. Its a lose lose situation for them.

The thing is if they block it they personally open themselves up to lawsuits by all stock owners. It would cost them hundreds of millions in litigation and billions in a settlement. Then because they are in a pending lawsuit they could get assets frozen. Its a lose lose situation for them.
Not only that, but since Elon has revealed he has other investors on board to buy, even 3 other investors ((Elon + 3) x 15% = 60%) would able to buy enough of the company even with the "15% poison pill" to take control. They say "no" now, not only would they open themselves up to lawsuits, but they'd also likely lose in the long run anyway as the other investors buy up enough that as a group they hold a majority of the stocks and vote them off the board.

was contemplating this on the drive back from an errand.

If Musk takes over the tweetersphere, and if he lets "band" people come back... the entire "let's build a conservative/free speech alternative" movement... could potentially tank.

Rumble, Gab, etc... Many will lose the subscribers/viewers BACK to twitter thinking the alternatives are no longer needed.

So if that happens, Musk may become the arbiter of free speech. How will he use that power?
yup, just take a look at what the TWTR news has done to the DWAC (trump social media play) stock price

Not only that, but since Elon has revealed he has other investors on board to buy, even 3 other investors ((Elon + 3) x 15% = 60%) would able to buy enough of the company even with the "15% poison pill" to take control. They say "no" now, not only would they open themselves up to lawsuits, but they'd also likely lose in the long run anyway as the other investors buy up enough that as a group they hold a majority of the stocks and vote them off the board.
According to WSJ, deal is done, to be announced after closing today

Musk buys TWTR

So do i sell my calls now or will i somehow get a check for the difference in 500 shares once the deal goes through?

I like how the world's richest man and soon to be owner of Twitter is about as mature and petty as I am. :laughing:

Untitled.jpg

Any bets the SEC blocks it? Over under on how many months they "investigate"? (I'm calling however long until Jan 2025.)

Blackstone, Vanguard, SEC, Twitter all the same people pulling strings. They couldn't stop it through the Twitter board. Next stop SEC.

So do i sell my calls now or will i somehow get a check for the difference in 500 shares once the deal goes through?
You mentioned a strike of 54 right? When is the expiry?

Be careful, with options you are obliged to exercise the contracts as purchased at the close on day of expiry (15 mins past close in some cases of ETF's). You might need a pretty large account to buy the number of contracted shares at the strike price at the end of day Friday, hold over the weekend and then sell for profit on Monday. 5 contracts of TWTR at current offering price currently would run you about $27K,

I ALWAYS close my option positions before expiry (only exception is options expiring worthless). Do NOT expect your brokerage to act in your best interests, ever.

If you are up nicely, and expiry is at some point in the future (not Friday), I would be scaling out of your position taking profits along the way. This should be part of your trade plan BEFORE you open a position. Let's say I have 5 contracts, I will typically sell 1 contract at 10%, 1 at 20%, 1 at 40%, 1 at 100%, and let the remaining contract ride until day before expiry (with trailing stops set just in case stock plummets)

Sounds like a good trade though.

and twitter will still ride it's way into the trash can, same as all the other social media cycles.

at least for musk, it comes on the back of possibly the most absurd funny money success story. the past 2 years being just insane for the amount of fiat growth he's had, so it is literally finding quarters in the couch funds even if it goes to zero in 5 years

. .. .finding quarters in the couch funds . . . .. :laughing:

I dont think Twitter will tank and I dont think all the others have either. Facebook ? TikTok ? Instagram ? All tanked ? I believe Tweet will evolve and change but not tank.

I dont think Twitter will tank and I dont think all the others have either. Facebook ? TikTok ? Instagram ? All tanked ? I believe Tweet will evolve and change but not tank.
Absolutely not.

Too big to fail.

The ability to sway national discourse with just a simple tweet, or promoting the right tweet by the right person, is way too much power to let go the way of MySpace.

It's actually a lose, lose lose for them. He's already said once he gets control they are all going to be non paying jobs. :lmao:

You mentioned a strike of 54 right? When is the expiry?

Be careful, with options you are obliged to exercise the contracts as purchased at the close on day of expiry (15 mins past close in some cases of ETF's). You might need a pretty large account to buy the number of contracted shares at the strike price at the end of day Friday, hold over the weekend and then sell for profit on Monday. 5 contracts of TWTR at current offering price currently would run you about $27K,

I ALWAYS close my option positions before expiry (only exception is options expiring worthless). Do NOT expect your brokerage to act in your best interests, ever.

If you are up nicely, and expiry is at some point in the future (not Friday), I would be scaling out of your position taking profits along the way. This should be part of your trade plan BEFORE you open a position. Let's say I have 5 contracts, I will typically sell 1 contract at 10%, 1 at 20%, 1 at 40%, 1 at 100%, and let the remaining contract ride until day before expiry (with trailing stops set just in case stock plummets)

Sounds like a good trade though.

Trading plan :confused: you mean throw money at every impulse that sounds good and hope you come out ahead? :homer:

I think the chances of that are pretty much zero. This is an acquisition from a private individual who has no other social media investments, not a merger of two companies operating in the same market.
This.

There's zero conflict of interest here.

"meta" / facebook/instagram is about half their peak stock price, maybe it's just a fluke. Netflix lost 1/2M subscirbers when it projected a 2.5M gain. hell you mention tick tock and it's only been around for a few years, who did they bump off? yeah, it's a cycle. in another 5 years, there will be somebody else on that "list" of stalwarts.

Trading plan :confused: you mean throw money at every impulse that sounds good and hope you come out ahead? :homer:

If Musk is buying at ~$54/share, is that what shareholders would be paid if bought out?

I'm trying to make sense of why big $$ wouldn't be scoffing it up right now at $51?

What's your strike price?

I think it will be interesting to find out just how bad Twitter has been shutting down conservative voices. Just how bad the fucked up left views were pushed forward.

I don't think Musk is a conservative by any stretch, but he sure seems to have a lot of common sense and I'll take that.

Top Back Refresh