What's new

Motortrend!

I wonder if Fred and Dave got let go for beating on the GMC in the K5 episode…

MTboss: dammit Fred and Dave, you’ve become a liability!
Fred: you’ve lost touch with what it takes to make an offroad show on these mean streets!
MTboss: that’s it! You’re fired!
Fred: (drops badge and gun on MTboss’s desk)
MTboss: wait..I didn’t give you those…

Doubt it.

Manufacturers send out rigs for testing/promotions/ect. They probably pass the same rigs to a few different places and then crush them.

Fred and Dave have been driving factory supplied new rigs for many years. You hear Fred's comment about driving the V8 4runner for 4x4 of the year when it was new, in 04? :laughing:

Doubt it.

Manufacturers send out rigs for testing/promotions/ect. They probably pass the same rigs to a few different places and then crush them.

Fred and Dave have been driving factory supplied new rigs for many years. You hear Fred's comment about driving the V8 4runner for 4x4 of the year when it was new, in 04? :laughing:

Not sure i'm following... the 4x4 of the year 4runner is not the same 03 from the episode.

Doubt it.
I don’t know what the reason was that they were canceled, I guarantee it was not because they scratched the runningboards on a new truck.

My comment was meant more as a joke, but Dave did comment in a reply to his instagram post about that episode that the GMC people “were not stoked.” :laughing:

Same as in same model.

In the pond scum episode, he made a comment about he remembers driving the same V8 4runner when they first came out and thinking it was so fast.

Ah. I thought you meant it was mfg supplied.
10-4

I don’t know what the reason was that they were canceled, I guarantee it was not because they scratched the runningboards on a new truck. That kind of stuff happens every year to every magazine that does off-road work.
If it was viewership decline, it just makes me lose even more hope for the general public

If it was any other excuse, MT is confirmed ball suckers.

Gah, this sucks. Everyone here is begging for longer shows, instead it gets cancelled. Fred and Dave’s camaraderie is the best out of any show. They crack me up when they get to giggling over something crazy they’re doing. Hopefully they get another show going on a different network/platform.
i felt like i was in the garage/on the trail with my buddies from way back in the day having a good old time when i watched it, the way their friendship/humor came across in the show was great
You guys that are cancelling don’t go back and watch old episodes? My daily routine is to watch a few older episodes of ded, roadkill, rkg, etc. It sucks that there won’t be new ones, but I’m not giving up watching all the old ones.
i have every episode saved on a hard drive :grinpimp:
At a time when the cost of living is getting retarded, lots of travel too expensive, DED gave us all a good fix in these crappy modern times.

Sad news, for sure.
and this

i felt like i was in the garage/on the trail with my buddies from way back in the day having a good old time when i watched it, the way their friendship/humor came across in the show was great

i have every episode saved on a hard drive :grinpimp:

and this
How do you save them? I'll be canceling MT as soon as I can do this. The only other thing I had MT for was for old TG episodes but I've got alot of that on DVD.

The newest FWF was pretty good. Cool premise with the Safari and adding twins. Leaves a good foundation for future episodes.
Seemed like Cotton was subdued a bit, which made the episode watchable.

Wow, the Cancel culture is strong here...

I sent a letter to Motortend letting them I was upset there will be no more Dirt every day but I wanted to see what they have lined up next for fred and dave.

I sent a letter to Motortend letting them I was upset there will be no more Dirt every day but I wanted to see what they have lined up next for fred and dave.
Sounds like Dave is going on to do other shows that aren't 4x4 focused and Fred is going to turn into a wandering Gypsy:

Off-Roading Into the Sunset: We Say Farewell to Dirt Every Day

The only reason I signed up for motortrend was to watch dirt every day after they moved from youtube. I don't watch anything else, so no point in keeping the subscription now that DED is no more.

how is this cancel culture? Why should people pay for something that no longer offers them what they like? :confused:

I noticed MT is coming out with some new shows with some other YouTube influencers/racers/mechanics. My theory is that DED was first on the chopping block to free up budgets for the new shows, partly because DED didn’t fit into MTs “image” or style of shows. But that’s just my .02

Vice grip garage will be having a new show on motor trend. I will say I seem to watch less of his vids since he moved. Content doesn’t seem as good as it used to

Sounds like Dave is going on to do other shows that aren't 4x4 focused and Fred is going to turn into a wandering Gypsy:

Off-Roading Into the Sunset: We Say Farewell to Dirt Every Day

The only reason I signed up for motortrend was to watch dirt every day after they moved from youtube. I don't watch anything else, so no point in keeping the subscription now that DED is no more.
AFAIK that is all bullshit. I read that article and this was my quote “It was bullshit on top of propaganda with a side of shoving sunshine up your ass.”

AFAIK that is all bullshit. I read that article and this was my quote “It was bullshit on top of propaganda with a side of shoving sunshine up your ass.”
Ah, interesting. Reading between the lines, I didn't see Fred working with motortrend in the future. Hopefully he can find another way to get paid to produce content for the 4x4 crowd, it would be a shame to lose what DED created.

Gotta realize guys like us aren't their target demographic.

Fab shows are way over "car guys" heads. Think people with a man cave that consider bolt on CAI and stickers a build. Bet that's what's coming.
Monster Garage was a fab show that worked very well with non-car guys

Monster Garage was a fab show that worked very well with non-car guys
It also had the stereotypical hype announcer from the demo derby and Jesse James who was biker build off famous. Different program (and budget) entirely.

Vice grip garage will be having a new show on motor trend. I will say I seem to watch less of his vids since he moved. Content doesn’t seem as good as it used to
That YT channel grew like a weed but does seem a bit too big now. Seeing the enormous shop build at the new TN location had me wondering if he was growing too far from his YT roots. Tons of merch, support me here and there. I'm not against it at all, but by the same stroke it changes the content and often those who deliver it.

Top Back Refresh