What's new

Motortrend!

Is it just me or has there been a pretty long time since anything new has came out?

Watching an old Roadkill garbage episode with Freiburgers CJ8. It's nothing super exciting, but better than nothing. :laughing:
New season (11) of roadkill started 2 weeks ago. New episode should be out any day now.

I would assume DED will soon follow

Is anybody running the motortrend app on a Nvidia Shield?

I just picked up a Nvidia Shield as a streaming device to see how it does compared to our Xbox one. I had moved to MT thru Prime because the xbox app sucked, but it's delayed compared to the app from what I can tell. The motortrend app on our "smart" tv requires syncing up to a phone/tablet and running episodes from there, and it's cumbersome compared to a stand alone app.

New roadkill was entertaining! cool little shootout

Ran through Kings of Crash again last and this week. Man it makes me want to get into derbing. lol.

Engine masters even remains watchable even though they're just reving motors on a dyno. The hosts do really well across the board.
I've come to really enjoy most EM episodes. Unless they get off in the weeds with some brand specific tech, there a lot of cool tech to learn. Its incredible the combined knowledge between the Steves and Freiburger.

Been re watching random DED episodes, all are good. Watching the RAD4 episode right now and was wondering where it went. I know Dave traded or sold it off, but haven't seen anything about since.

Dave seems to be a hardcore manual guy, but a transaxle rig is definitely going to be way better as an auto.

It also seemed to have like no droop and get bellied up easy, not sure if it was an issue with the trans axle outputs or what.

Could have been totally sweet, but seemed to miss the mark a little.

Reactions: Add
Been re watching random DED episodes, all are good. Watching the RAD4 episode right now and was wondering where it went. I know Dave traded or sold it off, but haven't seen anything about since.

Dave seems to be a hardcore manual guy, but a transaxle rig is definitely going to be way better as an auto.

It also seemed to have like no droop and get bellied up easy, not sure if it was an issue with the trans axle outputs or what.

Could have been totally sweet, but seemed to miss the mark a little.
Rad4 still getting wheeled all around WA.

I think there just wasn't time to iron out the bugs on the rad4 with the tv show schedule. Just like the Mazda version one, two, and more changes for UA.

Watching an old Roadkill garbage episode with Freiburgers CJ8. It's nothing super exciting, but better than nothing. :laughing:

I watched that one the other day, they were wondering why the new leaf springs didn't have room to articulate. Fred or Dave weren't around to tell them the double wrap side goes on the fixed end.:homer:

I think there just wasn't time to iron out the bugs on the rad4 with the tv show schedule. Just like the Mazda version one, two, and more changes for UA.

Ya, but the Mazda was at least semi normal formula. The custom mazyota Bell was pretty sweet.

Rad4 was pretty out there.

I watched that one the other day, they were wondering why the new leaf springs didn't have room to articulate. Fred or Dave weren't around to tell them the double wrap side goes on the fixed end.:homer:

I missed that. David is a wheeler too, but he seemed to gravitate towards hotrod/drag race stuff more than 4x4 over the years.

Not sure flipping the leafs would have a huge difference in travel anyway?

Not sure flipping the leafs would have a huge difference in travel anyway?

The double wrap was basically touching the bottom of the frame at ride height. But realistically it probably didn't make that much of a different.:laughing:

The custom mazyota Bell was pretty sweet.

Maybe it was just me but that was the first time in a while where I was excited about something I hadn't seen done before. I love that kind of backyard garage fab, no special adapters just take measurements, weld that bitch up and see if it breaks.

Reactions: Clb
The double wrap was basically touching the bottom of the frame at ride height. But realistically it probably didn't make that much of a different.:laughing:
My bds YJ leafs were double wrapped on both sides.

Also, I think they were using Waggoner leafs, which are offset. You can't just flip them around.

Maybe it was just me but that was the first time in a while where I was excited about something I hadn't seen done before. I love that kind of backyard garage fab, no special adapters just take measurements, weld that bitch up and see if it breaks.

I had heard about and seen it done before, but was still sweet to see done on the show, vs just buying whatever and bolting it in like most shows.

I missed that. David is a wheeler too, but he seemed to gravitate towards hotrod/drag race stuff more than 4x4 over the years.

Just saw this... looking forward to seeing updates along the way. It's great that his 'vacations' are what he does for a day job anyway, I think that's what makes him a really genuine host.

Screenshot_20220214-201349.png

My bds YJ leafs were double wrapped on both sides.

Also, I think they were using Waggoner leafs, which are offset. You can't just flip them around.

Yeah I tried a set of wagoneer springs in my old cj for some cheap stretch a while back.

The old scrambler springs were from a yj so maybe the new ones were wrapped on both sides like yours.

Just saw this... looking forward to seeing updates along the way. It's great that his 'vacations' are what he does for a day job anyway, I think that's what makes him a really genuine host.

Interesting, those trips were basically DED and Roadkill in one, but with no camera crew. I remember reading about a few in 4W&OR back in the day.

I'd like to do some trips like that one day. Find something cool listed on line, fly out with a buddy or one of my kids and fix/drive it back.

New Faster with Finnegan has the vette cart back vs the Pro2 truck. Fun times. Some of the fabrication choices made me cringe :laughing:

Was hoping to see Finnegan drive the Pro2 a bit more but I know we'll be seeing that in the future.

Top Back Refresh