What's new

MNR 4600 class 2021 U4 Bronco build

What is the tcase like? Any chance you could cut it up and create a low range box out of it like NP-2XX aluminum cases?

I’m now begging for more pit crew. Want to come freeze your ass off in JV to do pit stuff on EMC day? We’re pretty short staffed to have 2 cars in the same race. I did the SXS before because they always race a different day or time.
I'm thinking of actually making it out to KOH this year so I'll reach out - I'm good for some free labor around the pits!

Fox if it comes in in time. Have a backup plan with Radflo if the fox thing doesn’t materialize pretty soon.

What's your feelings on fox vs Radflo?

I have been told that baseline radflow shocks are better than the equivalent priced fox.

I have been told that baseline radflow shocks are better than the equivalent priced fox.
We have a little bit of everything. The Radflo stuff is every bit on par with king or fox or ADS. The Radflo bypasses we have are bad ass, bigger tubes than the king or ADS bypasses we have. Radflo doesn’t have some of the gimmicky stuff like reservoir clickers. Our shock tuner says the clickers don’t really do anything because they can only change the rate at which the fluid displaced by the shaft goes in or out of the resi.

I feel like the clickers make a real noticeable difference. Phil says it’s all in my head. Maybe mobil1syn can help me out on that.

In my situation I’d almost rather go with Radflo but we’re working with the FunHavers on this. They have the Fox’s dialed already and with the time I have in front of me there is value in using the stuff they already have figured out.

Needs a 4:1 t-case still but it’s pretty good for a modern vehicle.

I saw Atteberry had an adapter in the works to adapt a Dana 300. I believe he said he was going to put a Midnight Metalworks case in it.

radflos are the metric version of fox. urban legends says that the 1.42 shim diameter was to see if radflo was copying fox.

the nitro shaft is a dumb idea, the piston design is ok, the bypass tappet is flat which is less than ideal.

overall a decentish shock. the main thing they bring to the table at the moment is they are still a small company and can move quickly. i know people getting close to the 24 month mark on waiting for foxes, king is better but not great.

We have a little bit of everything. The Radflo stuff is every bit on par with king or fox or ADS. The Radflo bypasses we have are bad ass, bigger tubes than the king or ADS bypasses we have. Radflo doesn’t have some of the gimmicky stuff like reservoir clickers. Our shock tuner says the clickers don’t really do anything because they can only change the rate at which the fluid displaced by the shaft goes in or out of the resi.

I feel like the clickers make a real noticeable difference. Phil says it’s all in my head. Maybe mobil1syn can help me out on that.

In my situation I’d almost rather go with Radflo but we’re working with the FunHavers on this. They have the Fox’s dialed already and with the time I have in front of me there is value in using the stuff they already have figured out.

DISCLAIMER i am not a shock tuner, i have no direct affiliation with any shock tuners, there are some good shock tuners and some terrible shock tuners. the bits and pieces you put on your car should be based on what your shock tuner recommends. if you dont have a shock tuner, i highly recommend getting one and in reality they should be a suspension guy, not just a shock guy because they should be approached as an entire system. a quality suspension guy is worth the cost, even for a trail riding.

not all 'clickers' are created equal, marketing misleads people on their performance/function.

the functionality of the reservoirs adjusters is to hydraulically restrict fluid movement thus creating more damping in the shock. how much it creates is open to discussion.

i ran fox DSCs on my ttb bronco (single coil over in the front) and could tell the difference in handling and the way it responded to things. i recommend that anyone running a single coil over run them if they want to go fast or if there is motion ratio involved. there are people who notice small adjustments in shocks and others who cant tell the difference if you flip the valve stacks. so take that for what its worth.

the main thing to keep in mind on the reservoirs is FULL flow on rebound, some brands are essentially a needle valve so any adjustment made effects the performance both ways which sucks for us (rock crawlers) because the last thing we need/want is restriction on rebound. so if you plan on running adjustable reservoirs you need to ask your shock retailer if the compression/rebound flow paths are independent.

DISCLAIMER i am not a shock tuner, i have no direct affiliation with any shock tuners,

I have learned my lesson. I’m sure you remember, I put my whole foot in my mouth about brands and tuners. Yourself and Wayne showed me the error of my ways. I learned. Been working closely with Phil Licciardi for at least 5 years now and have nothing but good things to say there. On the 4500 car He worked with me on my geometry on the build end so that we got everything right to start with. Our new build is light years ahead of our old one because of having a suspension guy involved on the front end of the build.

I’m taking some obvious short cuts on the IFS build because this our first full size IFS build.

I was also told that king clickers are basically a joke. But the fox ones are decent? Well, at least for a multi use trail rig, probably useless on a race rig.

I was also told that king clickers are basically a joke. But the fox ones are decent? Well, at least for a multi use trail rig, probably useless on a race rig.
On our 4500 car we run King IBP’s in front. ADS coilovers and Radflo 5 tube bypasses in the rear. We adjust the hell out of our clickers on the kings up front. We can affect compression quite a bit with the 25 clicks on those. I just adjusted them today, we’re at Disney OK which is 100% rock trail. Last race was Crandon WI which was a short course jump huck fest track. At Crandon we were 18 clicks in and landing smooth as butter. Here at Disney I backed them off 6 clicks to a total of 12 in and knocked the harsh off the impacts.

In the rear we only really change the coil crossover stops and the pressure in the air bumps to dial the back in.

On our 4500 car we run King IBP’s in front. ADS coilovers and Radflo 5 tube bypasses in the rear. We adjust the hell out of our clickers on the kings up front. We can affect compression quite a bit with the 25 clicks on those. I just adjusted them today, we’re at Disney OK which is 100% rock trail. Last race was Crandon WI which was a short course jump huck fest track. At Crandon we were 18 clicks in and landing smooth as butter. Here at Disney I backed them off 6 clicks to a total of 12 in and knocked the harsh off the impacts.

In the rear we only really change the coil crossover stops and the pressure in the air bumps to dial the back in.
I have nothing to add other than the Crandon track was bad ass 12 or so years ago when i went to watch short course races. Do you happen to have any video of the action?

I’m excited to see this build on here! Crazy that portals are aloud in stock class but you can’t trim innner fenders or the floor. Rules make the race though. I’m excited to see your progress!

I’m excited to see this build on here! Crazy that portals are aloud in stock class but you can’t trim innner fenders or the floor. Rules make the race though. I’m excited to see your progress!
It is crazy to be honest. Considering leafapring rigs have to stay leaf spring to be in 4600. But I'm sure the "furd" money talks and the sponsorship has been huge for Ultra4. (but IMO should be 4500 class rigs)

It is crazy to be honest. Considering leafapring rigs have to stay leaf spring to be in 4600. But I'm sure the "furd" money talks and the sponsorship has been huge for Ultra4. (but IMO should be 4500 class rigs)
Blame Jesse Haines with his Mahindra Roxor for portals in the 4600 Class. Dave said it races so it raced kinda like Vaughn Gittin’s IFS 4500 racer.

Axles have always been unlimited

Lots of us have been routing for the old beaters for a while. It's tough to see these giant budget teams just buy the entire podium, but it is what it is. Would make it even better if is someone beats them.

If jeep and Toyota start throwing millions at the class maybe a ~95 and older class would be a thing?

That’s a good point it falls under the “axle” category. Don’t get me wrong I still love watching the race!

Top Back Refresh