What's new

Maine Bound!

when we hit Connecticut we shifted onto 95N thru probably the worst section of freeway we have seen this entire trip. It was so rough one of the cabinets and the fridge popped open and stuff went flying out. Luckily nothing broke. Hell even the dish drying rack wound up in the sink. Somewhere about a half hour before the Rhode Island border we pulled off at a CT Service area for another fuel stop and some snacks. I forgot how nice these are and wish the rest of the country would do stuff like this. Way more convenient. Back on 95 and we came to another traffic jam before the RI border. This time a pretty bad accident with two mangled cars spun out in the ditch off the left lane. Got thru that and entered Rhode Island.

This was kind of a trip for me since I spent 4 years In Providence at college. Did t think I’d ever set foot in this state again. As we were coming up I to Providence we hit more traffic. It was so bad that two cars ahead of me I watched a box truck try to change lanes and smashed right into the back of another car. Luckily they were able to pull off to the side and didn’t look like anyone was hurt. The paper plates on the back of the car however told me it was brand new. Ouch. Rolled thru Providence pointing out my old campus, stomping grounds, my old dorm, etc. I don’t remember traffic thru there ever being that bad when I was in school though. I also found it odd as it’s now summer and half the cities population shouldn’t be there anyway (Providence is home to like 6 colleges). Definitely hit more traffic today than we have on any other day of this trip so far.

Well, you can't say we didn't warn you about 95 :laughing: we weren't kidding!

Welcome to the home stretch.

You must have missed the accident on 287 north in montville this morning. It looks like they were getting to shut the road down
Yeah we must’ve. Only thing we hit on 287 was some construction Related slow downs. Definitely didn’t see any accidents thru that stretch. Only ones we saw today was on 95.

Ill throw it out there that I'm 20 minutes from the Portsmouth I95 exit, you run into a jam today I can make some magic happen.

Here's to hoping that that everything goes smooth

Drive Day 8 recap.

when we hit Connecticut we shifted onto 95N thru probably the worst section of freeway we have seen this entire trip.
Where you are going, that is going to get worse before it gets better.
We are shooting for an 8 AM departure so we will hopefully make it to the new house by about 3 pm or so.
I think I'd plan for more like 4 or 5 by the time you get stuck in MA traffic, southern Maine traffic, 95 construction and finish dodging potholes on RT 1A, but ok. There are times in Northern MA when it makes more sense to stop for an hour for lunch rather than sit in place for an hour in traffic.

Where you are going, that is going to get worse before it gets better.

I think I'd plan for more like 4 or 5 by the time you get stuck in MA traffic, southern Maine traffic, 95 construction and finish dodging potholes on RT 1A, but ok. There are times in Northern MA when it makes more sense to stop for an hour for lunch rather than sit in place for an hour in traffic.
Southern Maine shouldn't be bad.

It's a Wednesday. All the rats flee the ship on Fridays. But it is also the week prior to the 4th so...

Southern Maine shouldn't be bad.

It's a Wednesday. All the rats flee the ship on Fridays. But it is also the week prior to the 4th so...
Tourists are here everywhere. Traffic has been hell all week

Alright. Drive day 9 recap.

Didnt sleep for shit. Too excited and anxious to get going. We rolled out of the Boston Cape Cod KOa around 7:45 am. I had checked google maps for traffic before we left. 24 looked super backed up so I decided to just take 495 all the way back to 95N as the traffic looked better that way. We hit a bit of a slow down thru Boston area but that was really about it. Wasn’t too bad at all. Pulled off past Boston at a roadside service area for fuel and breakfast and got back on the road. Burned thru NH and on Into Maine.

really didn’t hit much of anything the whole way up to Bangor. Made it to the house and pulled into the driveway at about 2 PM. Went inside and explored the house for a bit and got right to work. Unloaded and dropped the trailers, parked vehicles where they are gonna live at least for now. I wired up and installed the 30 amp plug on the side of the garage so I can plug the RV in to shore power then temporarily deployed the Starlink satellite in the middle of the parking area to get internet up.

After that was done a few of us piled into the truck and ran to Ellsworth. Finally broke down and bought some Dewalt 20V tools. The wooded section of the driveway is ridiculously overgrown. Even the truck was hitting branches coming in. Picked up a Dewalt 20V pole saw, a 20V weed eater, and a 20v cordless combo kit to get two extra batteries and an extra charger. Need to make a proper list for a Home Depot run tomorrow. For sure this guy was no electrician. Some of the wiring is a bit scary looking so I’ve got some work to do there. For now I’m gonna start by clearing the overhanging crap in the driveway after I finish eating.
At any rate, we are here safe and sound. All things considered it was a damn smooth trip. Will post more info and pics tomorrow.
7A407960-08E9-4C3C-90A4-C4F3A9CB4526.jpeg
81349524-B283-4BC5-BAED-8CFDCDEEED1B.jpeg
8CA06E08-F46D-4AC3-9A88-10BDA9A6570D.jpeg

Last edited:
:smokin: glad to hear you made it there relatively unscathed

Now that your up there your gonna have to start scouring craiglist for snowmobiles. Winter is comming!!!!!! :flipoff2:

On a serious note I’m glad you made it!!

Welcome to New England!

Have you encountered the Maine state bird yet?
:laughing: I was going to mention something along those lines. :laughing:

Watch for Somalians!

Congrats, hopefully the trucking company doesn't lose your trailer and it ends up on Bangor Washington! :flipoff2:
right? When I checked this morning it had arrived in Carlisle PA and is awaiting dispatch to Portland Maine.

Welcome to New England!

Have you encountered the Maine state bird yet?
yes I have. Had a few hit me while I was exploring the property a bit. Went back into the RV and put some bug spray on and they left me alone while I was trimming back the overgrowth over the driveway.

Awesome!!

In for the "wtf was this dipshit thinking" critiques of the POs work posts on the new crib!
Yeah, there will be some of that for sure. I’ll have to take some pics in he morning while I am walking around making my Hone Depot list. Like the exit door from the mud room to the front yard. Clearly he had planned to put some light fixtures on either side of the door but never did. So there is just two long chunks of Romex sticking out of the wall on either side of the door. Not tucked in boxes, not even capped. I’ve got some serious wiring work to do that’s for sure.

:lmao::lmao: This here is funny.
Congratulations on your successful escape from the PRK to a free state, Comrade.

I knew I had arrived in free America when I saw a gun department in Wal-Mart WITH guns on the shelves. Also passed three fireworks stores, four gun stores, two ammo stores, a “military supply” store, etc.

my absolute favorite so far though, was the dude driving his tractor down the road with a confederate flag flying from the back of it.

I knew I had arrived in free America when I saw a gun department in Wal-Mart WITH guns on the shelves. Also passed three fireworks stores, four gun stores, two ammo stores, a “military supply” store, etc.

my absolute favorite so far though, was the dude driving his tractor down the road with a confederate flag flying from the back of it.
I'm assuming you are talking about Maine Military in Holden. Its the one with a Mig21 in the parking lot. That's a good stop, typical non communist state surplus store.

So there is just two long chunks of Romex sticking out of the wall on either side of the door. Not tucked in boxes, not even capped. I’ve got some serious wiring work to do that’s for sure.
More than likely he was going to surface mount a pancake box then fasten the light to it. It is an acceptable way as long as there is only one romex coming out.

I'm assuming you are talking about Maine Military in Holden. Its the one with a Mig21 in the parking lot. That's a good stop, typical non communist state surplus store.
possibly. It was on 1a shortly after we got onto it. Didn’t get a great look as we drove by. Will definitely go back and check it out though.

More than likely he was going to surface mount a pancake box then fasten the light to it. It is an acceptable way as long as there is only one romex coming out.
Yeah that is what I would do too. It’s just odd he never got around to doing the lights. And there is random Romex just sticking out of the wall like that in multiple places. I’ll take some pics in the morning as I am going around making my list.

Top Back Refresh