What's new

Maine Bound!

In other news, took a break from replacing outlets and hopped on the Jeep to go tour the property a bit. Was cruising thru the fields when I discovered they are COVERED in wild blueberries! Also found a mess of raspberry bushes and some that I’m not sure if they are raspberry or blackberry as nothing on them is ripe enough to tell at the moment.

AC5C8A5B-1031-41D9-BF2C-697B14CA3848.jpeg
9E413D59-5207-4885-9226-F7A0D7755086.jpeg
Yea, you'll get a lot of those. Probably means there's quite a few bears in the area too.

Turned out to be the gentleman we bought the house from, he was dropping off our mail. Apparently he has the 1571 address still on his shop which explains why we don’t have a mailbox. Suggested I shoot over to the town office this morning to see about getting a new address number assigned to the house. So that’s now on my to do list today as well.
Any news on this? Could be a possible clusterfuck knowing the typical NE town employees

Any news on this? Could be a possible clusterfuck knowing the typical NE town employees
Unfortunately no. When I got over to the town office there was a sign out front that they are closed 6/29 - 7/1 for some reason. Found out from one of the POs employees a few minutes ago when I went over to the shop to pick up a few packages that were delivered there that one of the main employees was recently fired for some shady business. So they e been closed more than open the last couple of weeks.

It affects the economy and prices locals out when they start doing it in any apreciable numbers. It's no different than the assholes from Boston.
To be fair, I didn’t pay cash for the tractor and mower. Deere is doing zero down and zero interest for 5 years. Didn’t really see a reason to throw cash down for them with that kind of deal. And it was basically the only way I was gonna get either machine any time soon. Sales guy told me mowers and tractors are pretty much being built to order these days with very long lead times. Hell he said Gators are 6 months out right now. Also, I hadn’t actually planned to buy the tractor right away. The mower was what I went in there for.

In other news, took a break from replacing outlets and hopped on the Jeep to go tour the property a bit. Was cruising thru the fields when I discovered they are COVERED in wild blueberries! Also found a mess of raspberry bushes and some that I’m not sure if they are raspberry or blackberry as nothing on them is ripe enough to tell at the moment.

AC5C8A5B-1031-41D9-BF2C-697B14CA3848.jpeg
9E413D59-5207-4885-9226-F7A0D7755086.jpeg

Fake news, everyone know only CA has fresh fruit that can be grown. :flipoff2: Nice score I love wild food.

To be fair, I didn’t pay cash for the tractor and mower. Deere is doing zero down and zero interest for 5 years. Didn’t really see a reason to throw cash down for them with that kind of deal. And it was basically the only way I was gonna get either machine any time soon. Sales guy told me mowers and tractors are pretty much being built to order these days with very long lead times. Hell he said Gators are 6 months out right now. Also, I hadn’t actually planned to buy the tractor right away. The mower was what I went in there for.

Yeah it only really affect real estate prices, equipment and normal purchased priced stuff are already set pretty much nationally.

Have them swap the bucket and attach points for skid steer style.

Buy a set of forks, a grapple, a snow blower and a blank plate to attach a tire to... You will thank me later.

Also, get a weight box - the Deere quick attach 3 point is very nice. I extended mine about 8 inches, added tubes for rakes and such and then filled the rest with concrete. I have the same machine.

Buy a set of forks, a grapple, a snow blower and a blank plate to attach a tire to... You will thank me later.

Also, get a weight box - the Deere quick attach 3 point is very nice. I extended mine about 8 inches, added tubes for rakes and such and then filled the rest with concrete. I have the same machine.

Sage advise here. The skid steer style hookup way more desirable than that tractor style. Way more options for used attachments.

Sage advise here. The skid steer style hookup way more desirable than that tractor style. Way more options for used attachments.
The Deere set up sucks rocks. Takes too long...

Where he is, there is a shit load of attachments for cheap. Also, the 72" skid steer bucket is much cheaper.

I’m not too up on this stuff. The tractor has a global carrier style hookup on it now. They are loading the tires with some proprietary ballast stuff they use as part of the dealer prep before they deliver it, but a weight box is on the list for sure. Just moving the bucket up and down had that thing really bouncing when he was demonstrating it a bit for me today. Can’t imagine how bad it would be with a full bucket.

I’m not too up on this stuff. The tractor has a global carrier style hookup on it now. They are loading the tires with some proprietary ballast stuff they use as part of the dealer prep before they deliver it, but a weight box is on the list for sure. Just moving the bucket up and down had that thing really bouncing when he was demonstrating it a bit for me today. Can’t imagine how bad it would be with a full bucket.
I am.

The way the bucket attaches on your existing loader is John Deere proprietary and no other loader attachments will work. It also sucks ass, trying to do it and the JD green tax is real. Also, get the fastest speed hydro on your aux hydro circuit on the loader.

My friends and I all share skid steer quick attach accessories.

Where you haven't taken delivery, they should be able to do it at cost and refund you the JD parts. I would absolutely stand on this. You're paying through the nose, you should get what's right, not what they want to sell you.

I am.

The way the bucket attaches on your existing loader is John Deere proprietary and no other loader attachments will work. It also sucks ass, trying to do it and the JD green tax is real. Also, get the fastest speed hydro on your aux hydro circuit on the loader.

My friends and I all share skid steer quick attach accessories.

Where you haven't taken delivery, they should be able to do it at cost and refund you the JD parts. I would absolutely stand on this. You're paying through the nose, you should get what's right, not what they want to sell you.
This. Skid steer quick connect is 100% the way to go. I hate that the woods loader on my 790 isn't quick connect. I keep meaning to order the plate so I can make it one. I have shit makeshift forks bolted to my bucket and I probably lose half of the capacity by them sticking out so far. I'd really love to have an actual fork attachment.

At a bare minimum I'd just tell them to take the bucket off the invoice and you can order your own qc plate and bucket probably cheaper than they'll sell it to you for.

Also - don't think green tractors come standard with aux hyrdos. It's like a $2500 add-on. I don't see the lines in the pics.

I'm kicking myself for missing out an a FB deal for a 1000 hour 50hp deer with qc bucket, hydro grapple and a bunch of other implements...sold for $19k within 30 minutes of being listed last week. I responded after 35 minutes. :mad3:

This. Skid steer quick connect is 100% the way to go. I hate that the woods loader on my 790 isn't quick connect. I keep meaning to order the plate so I can make it one. I have shit makeshift forks bolted to my bucket and I probably lose half of the capacity by them sticking out so far. I'd really love to have an actual fork attachment.

At a bare minimum I'd just tell them to take the bucket off the invoice and you can order your own qc plate and bucket probably cheaper than they'll sell it to you for.

Also - don't think green tractors come standard with aux hyrdos. It's like a $2500 add-on. I don't see the lines in the pics.

I'm kicking myself for missing out an a FB deal for a 1000 hour 50hp deer with qc bucket, hydro grapple and a bunch of other implements...sold for $19k within 30 minutes of being listed last week. I responded after 35 minutes. :mad3:
This.
While I thought the larger deer stuff did not use the proprietary mounts, I’ll defer to others who k ow better...

yes... absolutely get whatever you need to use standard quick tach mounts.

And some dealers will put fluid in tires as ballast. Imho, it helps, but it’s not “ballast,” per se. It doesn’t move the fulcrum point...

X whatever on the skidsteer vs Deere quick connect.
You can buy used skid steer attachments a whole lot cheaper than used Deere attachments that will fit your loader's quick attach...
That said, the Deere style will handle you pushing down better than the skid steer style will, if you push down a lot and disconnect whatever you have on (or at least that's what happened at work with the big push box that we had on a 90ish horsepower LS tractor, it's replacement is green and has the John Deere global style quick attach versus a skid steer style quick attach.

Aaron Z

Cat IT coupler or don't bother :flipoff2:

Every time the subject of front end loaders on tractors comes up I appreciate my loader a little more. Runs like shit. Drives like shit. Fucker is planted though. :laughing:

So on this buying frenzy where are the gun buys to celebrate your freedoms properly? And on the 4th no less!
It’s coming. Definitely need to order me up some 30 round mags for my AR 15s.

and once I get the tractor delivered the first job that loader will see is building up a nice big dirt berm backstop for a private shooting range on the property.

actually gonna swing thru a fireworks store tomorrow and load up on some boom goodies for the 4th.

and once I get the tractor delivered the first job that loader will see is building up a nice big dirt berm backstop for a private shooting range on the property.

actually gonna swing thru a fireworks store tomorrow and load up on some boom goodies for the 4th.
Dose Gavin know your plans, he will be disappointed in you.:flipoff2:

I mean like, sure you can order them.

Or stop at literally any gun store and most good old family style hardware stores. Welcome to 'merica.
exactly Order?:laughing::laughing: can you buy a handgun and walk out the same day in Maine? How about a rifle? It's almost the best feeling in the world.

Just avoid Big Al's, a friend on another board has had a argument going with him for a while, he built a pole barn a few feet from their shared driveway and started using it to store fireworks for their stores in, if it ever caught on fire, they would be stuck and unable to get out as there is no second exit.

Aaron Z

exactly Order?:laughing::laughing: can you buy a handgun and walk out the same day in Maine? How about a rifle? It's almost the best feeling in the world.
From what I have heard, yes you can. Iirc I spotted a few gun and ammo stores on 1a on our way in from Bangor the other day. I know that’s where the fireworks stores were too. I may make more than one stop on my way home from dropping my Mom at the airport.

Top Back Refresh