What's new

KoH 2021 Chit Chat

Sucks, but hitting Outer Limits with only 2:45 time remaining was gonna make for a tough finish in 4600 regardless. That's a shitload of time burned before even getting to the hard stuff.

Sucks, but hitting Outer Limits with only 2:45 time remaining was gonna make for a tough finish in 4600 regardless. That's a shitload of time burned before even getting to the hard stuff.

He rolled and had other issues. There were people stuck there a lot longer than him.

I understood the question to be: If there was a difference between a Live Axle and IFS on a front dig. In general, there wouldn't be. In depth, there would be some as the live axle reacts and loads the tires different than an IFS.

correct as in is there are reason a IFS wouldn't want to front dig as it will break everything or just how the vehicle is setup.

Interesting News from Gear Monkey Racing, it seems that the traffic jam on Outer Limits that screwed over the stock class was caused by a broken 4800 car that refused to let anyone help.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLCzOl3jv6B/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

If I'm not mistaken, wasnt he blocking the trail? Then the 90-ish grey ford ranger right beside afraid to go around?

I wasnt familiar where on the course that was. Hard to blame someone else for timing out when you want your belly scratched.

If I'm not mistaken, wasnt he blocking the trail? Then the 90-ish grey ford ranger right beside afraid to go around?

I wasnt familiar where on the course that was. Hard to blame someone else for timing out when you want your belly scratched.

that was earlier in cougar buttes when he rolled.

and then the silver 4runner rolled there as well, didn't it?

another 2 rigs that would have been better served with "you got 5 minutes to get your shitpile moving in some direction, or it's getting dragged far enough that I can get around" :laughing:

another 2 rigs that would have been better served with "you got 5 minutes to get your shitpile moving in some direction, or it's getting dragged far enough that I can get around" :laughing:

I could see this maybe working as a new rule. 5 (or 10 or whatever) minutes is all you get once another racer is stuck behind you. Once that time is up, the other racer can drag your rig backwards to clear the line.

I could see this maybe working as a new rule. 5 (or 10 or whatever) minutes is all you get once another racer is stuck behind you. Once that time is up, the other racer can drag your rig backwards to clear the line.

team forceps super duty :grinpimp:

it's a solid game plan :laughing:

edit: they probably won't let you drink beer during the race, but a bunch of water cans painted to look like Coors to throw at people as you hook up to them would be priceless :lmao:

At least twice I saw him drive his front axle-housing right into a rock, instead of putting a tire on it like we all learned in our first month of wheeling. Those two are just like that guy that has the sail boat with the two hotties on board, and they cruise around the Caribbean. Sometimes he installs a GPS unit or such, but most of the time it's chicks in bikinis...which is all fine and well for some, but a complete waste of time for me.

I'm jealous of those that have enough money to buy a car, just like I'm jealous of these guys that can build a podium car, (But mostly I’m jealous of the guy with a sailboat full of bikini models) :flipoff2: but it doesn't mean I don't enjoy the sport.

fixed!!!

She doesn't get as bikini clad as often as one would expect. I mean, it happens, but it's not the theme of what they do. I started watching them a while back as I was trying to find some non-overlanding 4x4 content on youtube and suddenly here were these two people with a brand new JL on 37s beating the living shit out of it on some actually hard trails. My wife was walking by the TV and saw them, started to talk shit about whatever mid drift showing shirt she had, and then ended up sitting down to watch because she was actually doing a decent job of spotting.(It seems to me she got worse at that later on, or maybe they just don't care how they smash their way through the trail anymore). I think what annoys me the most while watching them is the constant and repetitive sponsor plugging. Half of their videos now are fawning all over some new product they're getting installed for free, but I get it, they gotta pay the bills somehow.

I saw them on Nates, “dirt lifestyle” channel...(
They hit some decent trails up at Elbe hills and demolished their rear driveline on some rock.

team forceps super duty :grinpimp:

it's a solid game plan :laughing:

edit: they probably won't let you drink beer during the race, but a bunch of water cans painted to look like Coors to throw at people as you hook up to them would be priceless :lmao:

Damn, I think we have a plan.

Team Irate4x4-ceps pullin' out the trail tampons. :lmao:

I was there in Cougar when all that happened. the blue/gray ranger broke, the 4500 sequoia bashed him out of the way (they were buddies) and Daniel i think got impatient and took a poor line and did a slow flop. we were able to go straight up over to the left of where all that happened and get around. I'm sorry we took up so much screen time in the EMC, definitely wasn't our intention. We lost pretty much everything in the forward gears a few miles after Cougar Buttes. If it was level or downhill ground we could use a combination of coasting in Neutral or feathering throttle to roll forward in first gear in 4lo. reverse was great so we reversed up just about every single hill or loose slight uphill terrain for about 30ish miles. We tried to flush the trans in Pit 1B to see if that'd do anything at all but nope. Ultra4 marshals stopped us around 7 miles from the start finish and said we "couldn't go backwards on course". After clarifying that we were in fact reversing in the forward direction of the race course they let us continue on. The desert loop has been my nemesis the past 2 years so i was willing to burn the truck down to finally get off the first lap, but really wasn't doing it for anybody but myself. Honestly, i would have been kind of annoyed if we'd made it into the rocks (which we had done a ton of homework on and felt great about) and didn't get any video coverage because some assclown was going in reverse all the way to hammertown. So for everybody that didn't like it, sorry, and we'll definitely try harder to pick better transmission builders for the rest of the UItra4 East season and KOH22 (the rest of the truck is 100% solid and ready to race). *PS* if anyone is a legitimate Jeep AW4 builder and wants to sponsor DKA Motorsports, send me a PM!

if anyone is a legitimate Jeep AW4 builder and wants to sponsor DKA Motorsports, send me a PM!

Look into the Supra trans builders. They are the same and have a huge following/readily available parts.

I was there in Cougar when all that happened. the blue/gray ranger broke, the 4500 sequoia bashed him out of the way (they were buddies) and Daniel i think got impatient and took a poor line and did a slow flop. we were able to go straight up over to the left of where all that happened and get around. I'm sorry we took up so much screen time in the EMC, definitely wasn't our intention. We lost pretty much everything in the forward gears a few miles after Cougar Buttes. If it was level or downhill ground we could use a combination of coasting in Neutral or feathering throttle to roll forward in first gear in 4lo. reverse was great so we reversed up just about every single hill or loose slight uphill terrain for about 30ish miles. We tried to flush the trans in Pit 1B to see if that'd do anything at all but nope. Ultra4 marshals stopped us around 7 miles from the start finish and said we "couldn't go backwards on course". After clarifying that we were in fact reversing in the forward direction of the race course they let us continue on. The desert loop has been my nemesis the past 2 years so i was willing to burn the truck down to finally get off the first lap, but really wasn't doing it for anybody but myself. Honestly, i would have been kind of annoyed if we'd made it into the rocks (which we had done a ton of homework on and felt great about) and didn't get any video coverage because some assclown was going in reverse all the way to hammertown. So for everybody that didn't like it, sorry, and we'll definitely try harder to pick better transmission builders for the rest of the UItra4 East season and KOH22 (the rest of the truck is 100% solid and ready to race). *PS* if anyone is a legitimate Jeep AW4 builder and wants to sponsor DKA Motorsports, send me a PM!

Meh, I thought the footage of you reversing on course was good filler. It didn't take up too much time IMO and did a good job of portraying the tenacity that is required to compete in this race.

Good job finally completing your first lap.

Meh, I thought the footage of you reversing on course was good filler. It didn't take up too much time IMO and did a good job of portraying the tenacity that is required to compete in this race.

Good job finally completing your first lap.

This.
Quitting is for quitters

I have no issues with you backing in to get the first lap finished :laughing: I was just more annoyed at the feeds they kept putting up on screen for us free feed folks (maybe premium was better, but it didn't sound like it was by much). They kept talking about stuff that was going on and sometimes show the leaders/something interesting, but then quickly cut away and show footage of people who were sitting in traffic or completely out of contention. It almost felt like they were trying to screw people on the free feed to force you to pay for the premium one :laughing:

Top Back Refresh