What's new

KoH 2021 Chit Chat

Message them in Facebook. Maybe if enough people give them calm honest feedback they will keep it from happening if they come back next year. Hope like fuck they are done racing

Damn I guess I should have checked in here a bit today...

:laughing:

Fuck litebright fans. Fanbois were a PITFA on the chat all week.

That being said it was pretty awesome that they finished.

Really cool to see them finish with no mechanicals. I think it shows how hard the top guys are driving their cars when someone with the proper prep but very little experience can finish 21st(I think it was?) and not break or flat.

I didn't look in the chat much over the week, but when I did, there were at least a few 999 tards. On thing I do think is a positive in that is how many of them didn't know anything about koh or ultra4 in general. That tells me they're introducing a lot of new people to the event, which can only be a good thing.

Damn I guess I should have checked in here a bit today...

:laughing:

Fuck litebright fans. Fanbois were a PITFA on the chat all week.

That being said it was pretty awesome that they finished.

indeed.

turns out, if you just want to finish in 4400, all you need to do is buy a race-prepper bomber/miller/UFO/campbell/Tribe/Trout rig, burn a pile of cash to re-prep and rebuild it, then race gentle enough to miss out on most of the traffic :rasta:

but hey, we knew that all along :D

I hope they come back, good for them. it's similar to jessie james going out there, or the diesel scout guys or any number of many other celebrities that have showed up. in that sense, i hope they show up next year and keep on with it. to be honest, for a youtube live video with 10k people viewing, the chat wasn't too crazy. most youtube live with 10k people, it scrolls so fast you can't read it

at least they finished in regular time, unlike the gladiator :laughing:

turns out, if you just want to finish in 4400, all you need to do is buy a race-prepper bomber/miller/UFO/campbell/Tribe/Trout rig, burn a pile of cash to re-prep and rebuild it, then race gentle enough to miss out on most of the traffic :rasta:

Yep, well props for finishing though. That is decent.

Wonder how many others were egging Ian on? :lmao:

Screenshot_20210207-083756.png

Yep, full screen on the 65"er in the living room all day yesterday. The wife even got into it, said it was more fun than the Super Bowl is going to be (she's the Foosball fan in the house).

As always KOH brings heartbreaks and heroes.

Congrats out to Randy Slawson for taking the win and beating those horrible IFS'ers again.

Congrats out to Cameron Steele and @Zukizzy Wayne for a well run race up until Kings Graveyard.

Congrats to Jason Scherer and team for a very respectable 9th place finish after running 1/4 lap with two flat tires and then sitting out of fuel for an hour and a half! J Berger is a beast, running 1.5 miles back to Hammertown for a fuel can.

Huge congrats out to Gomez Bros Racing. A second and third place finish!

Congrats out to Bailey Cole for a 4th place finish, well done.

Congrats out to all three of the Bronco skinned racers, Healey, Gittin and Schererererer, great job supporting Ford as a major sponsor. Hopefully they'll come back next year.

Congrats out to Ryan Miller for getting Bailey Campbell's car across the finish line. Always the co-driver, never the bride and you pulled off a finish.

Congrats out to Kevin and Brittany for a newby finish. They stopped in at our shop for a couple days right before the covid lock-down, they are both nice people.

Oh yeah... and word to the announcers, it's a Live Axle, not a straight axle or solid axle..... Of all people, @Ian Johnson, you should know.....:flipoff2:

indeed.

but hey, we knew that all along :D

I hope they come back, good for them. it's similar to jessie james going out there, or the diesel scout guys or any number of many other celebrities that have showed up. in that sense, i hope they show up next year and keep on with it. to be honest, for a youtube live video with 10k people viewing, the chat wasn't too crazy. most youtube live with 10k people, it scrolls so fast you can't read it

at least they finished in regular time, unlike the gladiator :laughing:

Well you know that Pistol Pete would have said they were just donkey ing around the desert.

Yep, full screen on the 65"er in the living room all day yesterday. The wife even got into it, said it was more fun than the Super Bowl is going to be (she's the Foosball fan in the house).

As always KOH brings heartbreaks and heroes.

Congrats out to Randy Slawson for taking the win and beating those horrible IFS'ers again.

Congrats out to Cameron Steele and @Zukizzy Wayne for a well run race up until Kings Graveyard.

Congrats to Jason Scherer and team for a very respectable 9th place finish after running 1/4 lap with two flat tires and then sitting out of fuel for an hour and a half! J Berger is a beast, running 1.5 miles back to Hammertown for a fuel can.

Huge congrats out to Gomez Bros Racing. A second and third place finish!

Congrats out to Bailey Cole for a 4th place finish, well done.

Congrats out to all three of the Bronco skinned racers, Healey, Gittin and Schererererer, great job supporting Ford as a major sponsor. Hopefully they'll come back next year.

Congrats out to Ryan Miller for getting Bailey Campbell's car across the finish line. Always the co-driver, never the bride and you pulled off a finish.

Congrats out to Kevin and Brittany for a newby finish. They stopped in at our shop for a couple days right before the covid lock-down, they are both nice people.

Oh yeah... and word to the announcers, it's a Live Axle, not a straight axle or solid axle..... Of all people, @Ian Johnson, you should know.....:flipoff2:

No questions asked.....:flipoff2::laughing:

Vaughn was still running the full body the last time I saw him, long after the other two substantially shed theirs. Did he finish with it?

What is this?

Asked same question yesterday. Short answer is Miller bitched during his TV interview which conspiracy theorist took to mean the King cheated due to prior bad blood.

Since I didn't hear the interview, I've not developed any opinion. Other than I enjoyed the race immensely behind my computer screen, even with the lesser coverage.

God bless and prayers to those in the wreck.

Asked same question yesterday. Short answer is Miller bitched during his TV interview which conspiracy theorist took to mean the King cheated due to prior bad blood.

Since I didn't hear the interview, I've not developed any opinion. Other than I enjoyed the race immensely behind my computer screen, even with the lesser coverage.

Gotcha, Randy is kind of like the Donald Trump of U4 racers.

Did anybody else besides me hear the announcers mention that there were legal bypasses in the rock sections of the 4400 race yesterday? One of them even mentioned it again later in the broadcast asking who is going to be the first to use one.

If Miller is butthurt about Slawson using those LEGAL bypasses, he doesn't have a leg to stand on. Its one of those "Don't hate the player, hate the game" kind of deals.

Without having watched every race, I feel like Miller has been ticked off post race multiple times. Hell maybe even with a win once. :lmao:

i don't know erik miller other than through KOH coverage and the fact that he makes some quality stuff.

that said, he almost always comes off as a whiny bitch on the finishers podium. :flipoff2: seriously, he's probably a great guy.

Random question, I didn't catch all the finishers - did any of the UTVs end up finishing the big race? They weren't doing half bad through the first less difficult laps

Did anybody else besides me hear the announcers mention that there were legal bypasses in the rock sections of the 4400 race yesterday? One of them even mentioned it again later in the broadcast asking who is going to be the first to use one.

If Miller is butthurt about Slawson using those LEGAL bypasses, he doesn't have a leg to stand on. Its one of those "Don't hate the player, hate the game" kind of deals.

Well I did see Slawson cut off Bailey who was waiting in line at the Sledgehammer pile up. Seemed like a dick move unless bailey told him that was okay. Slawson doesn't have any issue doing stuff like that.

he did and he was the only one that did!

i'm impressed that all 3 bronco's finished top 10

Bronco skins you mean, not much Bronco there. Like saying Chevy one the T1 class.

i don't know erik miller other than through KOH coverage and the fact that he makes some quality stuff.

that said, he almost always comes off as a whiny bitch on the finishers podium. :flipoff2: seriously, he's probably a great guy.

He is a good dude but yeah sometime he needs to quit blaming other things. Either we quit about it or throw the flag.

Thought you were into that IFS sorta stuff.

Sarcasm, Sorry, I'm not as good as it as I was back when I took 3rd at the Sarcasm World Championship....:laughing:

I think we all like the ifs tech, but still root for the solid axle. It really makes sense to be ifs/irs really. But it just shows that there is a lot more to it than just rig specs.

Definitely wasn't rooting for the Live Axle rigs.

Our car was out in front for a long time and we were hoping Scherer was going to be the first 4 time champion, 3 times on our IFS design. But KOH is as KOH is... a complete crap shoot.

Good to see a Live Axle rig win though, it'll bring out all the "Live Axle are still competitive" comments again.... :stirthepot:

:lmao:

Top Back Refresh