What's new

KoH 2021 Chit Chat

Backdoor action. JP in it now, and I suspect Pab was prepping a winch in pits

as suspected Wayne is pulling fast cable for Pab.
Schererer going for BD in lap 3

RP1B
Schererer
JP
Cam all within a minute
Loren-5:20
Tom Wayes-6:00
Wayland 8:30
Levi 9:10
Cody miller 11:20
Rob Mac/Greg adler

Supposedly Bailey Cole is in a bit of a dark horse position as he 1 shotted back door already.

I think the traffic Jams really screw the 4600 Class. Pretty much the entire class got stuck in the traffic Jam on Outer Limits and timed out. There wasn't really any coverage to show exactly what was going on, but based on tracker positions, it looked like there was a 4800 and a 4500 car stuck/broken and blocking the entire 4600 class except the leaders who managed to get by. Even the leaders were being significantly slowed down by traffic from the other classes throughout the rock sections. I am positive there would have been three 4600 cars in before dark had they not been held up by other classes.

The 4600 class is already slow enough that finishing within time is hard without having to sit around in traffic jams. Unfortunately, there isn't really a good way to solve the issue short of giving the 4600 class their own race which isn't going to happen with a field of less than 30 cars. Giving them a head start would cause issues when the faster cars would inevitably catch up to them and have to get around them. I think the most practical solution would be to start the cars in the EMC based on qualifying time regardless of class, but that probably wouldn't help much since most stock class cars wouldn't be able to qualify well enough to avoid an appreciable amount of traffic.

that makes sense.

how about this semi-simple solution, add in a couple extra recovery vehicles and let people winch off of those without an outside help DQ?

4600 is really limited on the lines, but if there was a truck anchor and a winchbypass line, at least people could get around. there is previous few winch points in cougar buttes and such.

Is that Tom Wayes that's upside down in the desert?

Vaughn Blyer and Cody Miller in BD

I was wonder if it was Wayes as well. Raul, Wayes and Pab all in the same spot.

Loren Healey in physical second behind Scherer. I bet Ford executives are salivating.

Josh Blyer winched Right line faster than vaugh could winch left line.

Rusty in it now about to do the same thing.

Last edited:
Yes that's Wayes that rolled in the desert. Was pretty clear to see it was orange and Wayes tracker hasn't moved in quite awhile.

I'm dipping in and out, there was 3 cars stopped there when I last got a chance to look.

I'm dipping in and out, there was 3 cars stopped there when I last got a chance to look.

Correct. JP Gomez and Cameron Steele stopped for a few minutes. I noticed someone was laying down on the ground still wearing a white helmet when the heli was circling around.

Correct. JP Gomez and Cameron Steele stopped for a few minutes. I noticed someone was laying down on the ground still wearing a white helmet when the heli was circling around.

Hope he's alright.

Caprara with two right side flats...

Miller doing Spooners fast.

Scherererer has a flat rear.
Both rears flat.

Last edited:
Hope he's alright.

Caprara with two right side flats...

Miller doing Spooners fast.

Yeah to get JP and Cameron to come to a stop for a couple of minutes I figure it was a wicked wreck.

The Caprara's have been rough on some Yokohama tires this week!

Dan Fresh was good on his BFGs yesterday, all the other top runners were popping them left right and centre.

Top Back Refresh