What's new

KoH 2021 Chit Chat

Last edited:
Looks like Tom Allen threw in the towel. Justin should be home free at this point unless he has a major breakdown. Jon Schaefer is the only other 4600 in contention for a finish. Miller is broke, and the rest of the class seems to be stuck behind a broken/stuck 4500 and 4800 car.

Looks like Tom Allen threw in the towel. Justin should be home free at this point unless he has a major breakdown. Jon Schaefer is the only other 4600 in contention for a finish. Miller is broke, and the rest of the class seems to be stuck behind a broken/stuck 4500 and 4800 car.

What's the cutoff time to finish? I think I recall Justin barely finishing in time the last time he won.

I think they have 10 hours, so the cutoff should be 6:00PM PST.

EDIT: Maybe it is 10 hours from when the last car got off the line, so ~6:30PM ish.

my computer won't load the trackers, but he should be just about to clear desert air right? is there still a named trail in his way at this point?

Justin still has the last rock loop between mile 95 and 100 most cars have been making pretty fast time through it. I think most of the 4800 cars made it in in under an hour from where he is now. He should just make it provided he has now issues. He's pretty good at keeping it together so he probably won't have an issue. As I type this he's already made it halfway around that loop.

Looks like the rest of the 4600 cars that are still moving are all having an overland convention on outerlimits.

I think you have 10 hours from the time you left the line so 6:30.22 for Justin.

Justin still has the last rock loop between mile 95 and 100 most cars have been making pretty fast time through it. I think most of the 4800 cars made it in in under an hour from where he is now. He should just make it provided he has now issues. He's pretty good at keeping it together so he probably won't have an issue. As I type this he's already made it halfway around that loop.

Looks like the rest of the 4600 cars that are still moving are all having an overland convention on outerlimits.

awesome.

so what you are saying is I should leave work and drive home know to catch him ~530 instead of staying late? :laughing:

I think the big concern with the EV in the rocks would be winching. Not sure if his DC to DC would live through that. (He had a DC-DC converter setup for 14VDC to charge the 12VDC system).

So yea... probably a good thing the EV didn't run the rocks. Cool that they finished though.

It was pretty cool .... the crowd was ..... electric :laughing:

IMG_1030.JPG

Legend has it the reason Tom Wayes's shaved his mustache is because the mustache is running a solo foot race against the 4400 cars. Vegas odds makers have it finishing in the top 3.

The feed sucks right now. Showing a replay in the big screen, live in a small screen and the free stream is from a dead / grounded drone with a black and white picture of the valley haha

I'm playing catch up. Why is one guy in a class all by himself to complete one lap a big deal?

What a joke.

The feed sucks right now. Showing a replay in the big screen, live in a small screen and the free stream is from a dead / grounded drone with a black and white picture of the valley haha

well, free is now just a black screen :laughing:

sunset always sucks, there is still a ton they could be covering, ya bums!! :rasta: i don't care if i can only half see the image

I'm playing catch up. Why is one guy in a class all by himself to complete one lap a big deal?

What a joke.

because he is in an electric vehicle and it wouldn't encourage others to join the class if the first guy couldn't finish in time.

Did I misread? Or did he do one lap instead of 3?

electric car did 1 lap of mostly desert. still had to do some battery changes and still a neat concept. it would be neat to get "enough" of them to have it actually be a thing, and eventually get them up to full 4600 course

I'm trying to catch up, it's the finish line on the big screen, then the small screen is picture in picture :laughing:​​​​​​

Has any 4600 finished?

What a joke.

like it or not, it’s the future. Look at where U4 started and where it is now.

TonkyK built a couple of e-crawlers over 10 yrs ago. I’m surprised that never gained traction as crawling recovered.

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh