What's new

Just got a message from Ashke.

Wait, you have a $10k couch?

1712406128199.png
No, comedic effect. $149.95 just didnt fit the narrative and wouldnt have been near as funny.

It was a little over 3 years ago, I'm not sure what you mean about unable to clean up the shitstorm or reason myself out? I never tried to miss MEPS because of my glasses. When I rolled the 4Runner on my way to meps, the recruiter came and got me a few days later. I did not lose a job because of transport, either.

At the time of the rollover I had my trail rig XJ sidelined (the one that DMG now owns) because of steering issues and then I had to get back on the horse with it after the roll over and I drove it for a long time until I bought my Wrangler and my wifes XJ and our Scout.
You posted that you had lost your glasses in the accident and couldn’t figure out how to get and/or afford new ones with the correct prescription in a timely fashion for your upcoming MEPS date, and couldn’t see with your old ones bc they were wrong scrip. you eventually got it figured out after a week or so after rejecting all the easy solutions presented by members here ( and I believe did so through some funding from guys here iirc.)
You couldn’t figure out how to resolve towing and storage/ how to access your totaled vehicle to get possessions. You were aftraid to drive the XJ because of death wobble and were worried about losing your job for not showing up or having to operate a forklift blind/ without glasses. It was a total goat rodeo for a solid week of IBB trying to spoon feed you solutions to easy problems that you deemed insurmountable.

Again, I hope you keep going the right direction but be reverent of your past and use that as motivation to ensure you don’t repeat it. You’re on the path in the right direction, but haven't arrived and can’t coast- so keep going deliberately.

Last edited:
You posted that you had lost your glasses in the accident and couldn’t figure out how to get and/or afford new ones with the correct prescription in a timely fashion for your upcoming MEPS date, and couldn’t see with your old ones bc they were wrong scrip. you eventually got it figured out after a week or so after rejecting all the easy solutions presented by members here ( and I believe did so through some funding from guys here iirc.)
You couldn’t figure out how to resolve towing and storage/ how to access your totaled vehicle to get possessions. You were aftraud to drive the XJ because of death wobble and we’re worried about losing your job for not showing up or having to operate a forklift blind/ without glasses. It was a total goat rodeo for a solid week of IBB trying to spoon feed you solutions to easy problems that you deemed insurmountable.
Let. It. Go.

At some point you gotta let this kid get on with his life and quit shitting on him, he's done good we should all be good with that.
Only bitches keep harping on the past and not acknowledge that he has improved his lot in life.
But wtf do I know? carry on.

Let. It. Go.
At some point you gotta let this kid get on with his life and quit shitting on him, he's done good we should all be good with that.
Only bitches keep harping on the past and not acknowledge that he has improved his lot in life.
But wtf do I know? carry on.

No, deluding himself into believing it wasn’t that bad or he’s got it fully under control now is doing himself a disservice and is the easiest way to potentially wind up back in a hole again. Keep your eyes on the road ahead but don’t forget what’s in the rearview mirror.

You don’t know everything at age 29 and you’re not ready to coast now after almost 3 yrs of behaving like an adult; so keep your foot on the gas.👍

Last edited:
You couldn’t figure out how to resolve towing and storage/ how to access your totaled vehicle to get possessions. You were aftraid to drive the XJ because of death wobble and were worried about losing your job for not showing up or having to operate a forklift blind/ without glasses. It was a total goat rodeo for a solid week of IBB trying to spoon feed you solutions to easy problems that you deemed insurmountable.

Again, I hope you keep going the right direction but be reverent of your past and use that as motivation to ensure you don’t repeat it. You’re on the path in the right direction, but haven't arrived and can’t coast- so keep going deliberately.
And yet I still showed up to meps and got shit done.

So in 3 years when I'm still in the Marine Corps and I have a house that I own, a couple more kids maybe, will I still not have arrived in life?

For fucks sake, let it go. I have a kid now. I'm married. I am 100x, even 1000x better off now. I have 6 pairs of glasses now. I have 6 operational, registered and insured vehicles.

I have my shit together now, boss.

So in 3 years when I'm still in the Marine Corps and I have a house that I own, a couple more kids maybe, will I still not have arrived in life?

For fucks sake, let it go. I have a kid now. I'm married. I am 100x, even 1000x better off now. I have 6 pairs of glasses now. I have 6 operational, registered and insured vehicles.

In comparison yes.... but your 40 year old self will look back and laugh at this post.

You’ll be closer, but no I think you certainly wouldn’t be able to say ‘I’ve made it’ as an e5/6 with 3 kids and a mortgage, shit you’re probably still at the bottom 1/3 of the hill there. You’re on the right path but always gonna have to keep grinding/keep hustling continuously for several decades.
I don’t know that anyone can say they’ve ‘made it’ before their kids are raised and out of the house and they’re set for retirement, I know that I can’t. If you’re paying your bills and putting a roof over the family with food on the table without going into debt, you aren’t doing bad though.

I agree you’re far better off than you were, so keep it up and keep going… and I definitely am not saying that you shouldn’t be proud of what you’ve accomplished because you absolutely should. my point i hope to convey to you is that just as fast as you climbed out of the hole you came from, you can fall back down in it if you start getting complacent, and backsliding to your old habits; and you’d be wise to never lose sight of that, because it’s where you came from and a place you don’t want to return to.

Again, you’re getting it together, but in hind sight, I think everyone here would agree that none of us ‘had our shit fully together’ in our 20’s even if we thought we did. The hubris it takes to say that at this point in your journey is mildly concerning so I’ll call it out. So keep grinding and keep climbing.

Last edited:

Just stop arguing with them and explaining yourself. You got on your feet and proved anyone who doubted you wrong. There’s really nothing else to prove or explain here.

Maybe post some of your work on the rigs or chronicle your rides on the DR or something and take this thread in a positive direction.

What a bunch of fishwomen.

What's the point of continuing to beat the kid/man up regarding the past?

Every one of you gets pissed when your old lady brings up the past.

He's doing far better now than anyone of us ever predicted. Cut him some slack. Now is relevant, the past is just what got him here.

And it's not like he hadn't started out with the deck stacked against him.

I'm no good at keeping in contact but I met QQ on his pirate voyage. I think he was overheating so we pulled the thermostat on his jeep. Gave him some clean clothes put the taco bell in him slapped his ass and sent him west. Maybe more maybe less. I don't honestly remember.

Ashkey was absolutely lost and needed a guiding light. He had the courage to find a safe path but needed to be allowed to find it himself. He definitely had the guts and the drive to do well but he couldn't see the way to his success.

The last I spoke on the phone with him he was back east somewhere and was doing head gaskets on a suburban. I remember being upset with him because I asked that he find someone local to watch over and guide him through the job. He was determined to do it on his own and had bad luck after.

We talked about why it had probably failed. Think maybe a head bolt went missing? Remember telling him a huge part of being an adult is recognizing when you are in over your head and knowing you should ask for help.

It looks like he has come a LONG way from the kid that showed up here nearly 7 years ago. I am happy to see him doing so well. Same as any of us he will still need some more light on his path from time to time but he has some good friends in this group that are willing to show him the way. I have no doubt he's made good friends in the real world too.... If only he would listen 🤣 🤣

I know your friends are probably doing it but try not to eat all of your kids crayons. Keep the bike rubber side down and your helmet strapped tight. Your kid and lady need you. Good work man, keep it up!

20170530_231821.jpg

I'm no good at keeping in contact but I met QQ on his pirate voyage. I think he was overheating so we pulled the thermostat on his jeep. Gave him some clean clothes put the taco bell in him slapped his ass and sent him west. Maybe more maybe less. I don't honestly remember.

Ashkey was absolutely lost and needed a guiding light. He had the courage to find a safe path but needed to be allowed to find it himself. He definitely had the guts and the drive to do well but he couldn't see the way to his success.

The last I spoke on the phone with him he was back east somewhere and was doing head gaskets on a suburban. I remember being upset with him because I asked that he find someone local to watch over and guide him through the job. He was determined to do it on his own and had bad luck after.

We talked about why it had probably failed. Think maybe a head bolt went missing? Remember telling him a huge part of being an adult is recognizing when you are in over your head and knowing you should ask for help.

It looks like he has come a LONG way from the kid that showed up here nearly 7 years ago. I am happy to see him doing so well. Same as any of us he will still need some more light on his path from time to time but he has some good friends in this group that are willing to show him the way. I have no doubt he's made good friends in the real world too.... If only he would listen 🤣 🤣

I know your friends are probably doing it but try not to eat all of your kids crayons. Keep the bike rubber side down and your helmet strapped tight. Your kid and lady need you. Good work man, keep it up!

20170530_231821.jpg
It's been a long time hearing from you. I look up to you a lot. The Cherokee lower rad hose didnt have a spring in it and it was collapsing, you took me to your f700 and we pulled the lower rad hose on it, fished the coil out, and stuffed it into the hose on the Cherokee, along with a new thermostat.You gave me clean clothes and a shower, and fed me taco bell then sent me on my way. I'll never forget that night.

As for the Suburban, when I set the intake down, I hadn't run a bead at the back of the valley but I had already set it down and bolted it. Thought maybe I could reach back there with a tube of rtv and seal it together but, no. You told me that was a bad idea.

Well, sure enough.

You never did talk to me again after that and j always wondered after all these years how badly I let you down. I hope I've earned the life you gave me a chance to have.

You new here?

No, but I hit my head pretty hard the other day. :flipoff2:

The original thread was so cringey with every other fuckhead screaming and yelling and demanding that if he doesn't do everything exactly how they say everything will fall apart. Now it's down to about 10% that just can't let it go and realize that their opinion doesn't fucking matter.

The original thread was so cringey with every other fuckhead screaming and yelling and demanding that if he doesn't do everything exactly how they say everything will fall apart.

Judging by his post directly above yours, i'd say those cringey fawkheads were 100% right about him. :laughing:

Stay anew, my friend. :flipoff2:

Free and clear, right? :laughing:

*Hint ~the British won- :flipoff2:
Free and clear with 0 property taxes

After I owned it for several years and realized I hadnt gotten a tax bill I went down to the courthouse. They said that the parcel has never had an apraised value and ill never get a tax bill. I didnt ask any more questions and walked out.

Last edited:
Free and clear with 0 property taxes

After ai owned it for several years and realized I hadnt gotten a tax bill I went down to the courthouse. They said that the parcel has never had an apraised value and ill never get a tax bill. I didnt ask any more questions and walked out.
I would delete this, asap. CA will always want more taxes to fund sex changes and tents for junkies. If you arent paying taxes because of an oversight, they will fix it eventually.

Top Back Refresh