What's new

Java's F450 RV

Um, that's not the back of your cab. It also doesn't flex there...

Back of the cab is near the rear big blue jack stand.
Valid point. My concern still is the flex on that one spot.

..... And will prob get worse mileage than a diesel.
I put this point to question in my thread and a member made a good point: "$10,000 can buy a lot of gas."

Meaning: the diesel option is $10,000; going the gasser route will save you said $10,000.
I calculated that would give me approx. 5 years worth of gas money.

Last edited:
I put this point to question in my thread and a member made a good point: "$10,000 can buy a lot of gas."

Meaning: the the diesel option is $10,000; going the gasser route will save you said $10,000.
I calculated that would give me approx. 5 years worth of gas money.
This is very very true.

Valid point. My concern still is the flex on that one spot.
Meh, this frame has 350K miles on it and still fine. It had a dump body on it. Anchored to the frame in two points, in the back. Solid as fuck, can lift the entire thing from one rail. Add cross members if you need em. Doubt you do.

I think you're on crack.

Meh, this frame has 350K miles on it and still fine. It had a dump body on it. Anchored to the frame in two points, in the back. Solid as fuck, can lift the entire thing from one rail. Add cross members if you need em. Doubt you do.

I think you're on crack.
OK good to hear. I should take a video at some point. The cabover moves up and down a couple inches....

And on the radiator front..... OEM type replacement or all aluminum?

OK good to hear. I should take a video at some point. The cabover moves up and down a couple inches....

And on the radiator front..... OEM type replacement or all aluminum?
Ford put re-enforcing plates on the frame right behind the cab on the F-600:
1654018192507.png

1654018225107.png

And on the 450 straight trucks also. Mine is thr PU frame...
So will a CC fit your box without a major overhaul?

OEM quality radiator IMO, I want the one that lasted 14 years the first go around.

So will a CC fit your box without a major overhaul?
Yes, the box is actually built for a straight truck. The frame is only 2" wider or so.
OEM quality radiator IMO, I want the one that lasted 14 years the first go around.
I have heard of end tank issues, but yes it did make 14 years. And appears to be a bitch to swap!

That's a YUGE difference!! :eek::beer:
Yes...... Sorry I had mentioned that at one point. But yes it started as a dually PU

Can't get a crew cab in a 600...
Can't get a 240" ish wheel base OEM, longest in a crew is 203"

Can't get a crew cab in a 600...
Can't get a 240" ish wheel base OEM, longest in a crew is 203"
Yeah, I looked. I'm also thinking that the cabover height would be too short for that size truck. Also no 4x4

I think the cab on the 650 is too tall.

Mishimoto all alu rad is 100$ more than the parts store replament.... Seems like a no brainer.

Worth doing a new intercooler while I'm there? Charge pipes?

I think the cab on the 650 is too tall.

Mishimoto all alu rad is 100$ more than the parts store replament.... Seems like a no brainer.

Worth doing a new intercooler while I'm there? Charge pipes?
Might as well do the cummins swap, your half way there.
This is how the goal creep starts.:lmao:

Fair enough, but if it keeps the 6.4 alive longer I'm interested
I have the same attitude as you really, but it ends up making me replace a bunch of shit "cause" and I am not positive it helps anything.
I was planning on something like this on my Excursion, where I do a $6k overhaul of the engine compartment. Everything new.
I chickened out on it but I still wonder what it could have been.
I have several customers that do this sort of thing. If they have a problem its FULL replacement of associated shit, don't troubleshoot anything replace it. They do this especially with wire harnesses.

Look at the IPR radiators. Cheaper than oem, all aluminum, bolt in, extremely bad ass.

Avoid oem because of the plastic tanks IMHO.

I'll look at ipr. I ordered afe, but they are back ordered.....

Edit: out of stock also

You might try a local "radiator" shop in your area if they still exist. They know the brands to stay away from and often have these common units on hand.
They might also be able to replace the end tanks on it if the rest of it is in good shape.
If its high mileage it might be better to just replace the whole thing though.

Aaron Z

They might also be able to replace the end tanks on it if the rest of it is in good shape.

Aaron Z
Plastic end tanks.... I think replacement is better?

Aaron Z
Those plastic end tanks are crimped on with a rubber seal. I wouldn’t trust the aluminum to hold another crimp.

Ford put re-enforcing plates on the frame right behind the cab on the F-600:
1654018192507.png

This guy did something similar. 1/4" plate, bent in a break, bolted to the frame from back to under cab...
Not saying it's needed, but it shouldn't be a uber difficult to replicate.

Attachments

• 84250128.jpg
    84250128.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 24
This guy did something similar. 1/4" plate, bent in a break, bolted to the frame from back to under cab...
Not saying it's needed, but it shouldn't be a uber difficult to replicate.
Is it me or is that a really short frame after the cab (under 8')?
Is that for someone like a hotshotter who is putting a heavy fifth wheel or gooseneck on there and wants to reduce the risk of bending the frame?

Aaron Z

Is it me or is that a really short frame after the cab (under 8')?
Is that for someone like a hotshotter who is putting a heavy fifth wheel or gooseneck on there and wants to reduce the risk of bending the frame?

Aaron Z
OBS CCSB converted to dually. carried a 4500# camper.

Top Back Refresh